Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd May 2010, 19:09   #16
BHPian

NHC Gxi.

100505 kms and broken suspension ( I think that's symptomatic of that generation of the City)
Old 3rd May 2010, 19:49   #17
kkg
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRC View Post
I some times plan to sell my car because its Fiat. then no body buys.

When somebody wants to by my car, I decide to keep it because its Fiat.. Sorry, I have not been able to make up my mind. Because its fiat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gemithomas View Post
We sold our Padmini since it was too old to work anymore.
The Zen was sold when my brother went abroad and there was no one to use it.
I sold my beloved Fiat Adventure 1.6 just because it came with the "FIAT Badge" in India.
This is what i called Irony but we all are Team- BHPians.

BTW We sold our earlier car (matiz, it was giving quite a few troubles) to buy a new one (spark) and simply could not afford to keep two at that time.
Old 3rd May 2010, 20:04   #18
Senior - BHPian

Sold Ambassador because my grandfather passed away and we simply did not use it any more, nor was I living in Bangalore to take care of it.
Sold Zen because I wrote it off by wrapping it around a tree at 80 kmph.
Sold VW Golf GTi because I was moving out of UK - the one sale I still regret.
Sold Ford Fiesta because it was 17 years old, a cheap student runabout and simply uneconomical to repair.
Sold Nissan Primera because I was moving out of UK to come back to India.
Old 3rd May 2010, 20:23   #19
Senior - BHPian

Sold my half share (interesting!) in the Mazda 626 to my roommate when I left USA in 2009.
Old 3rd May 2010, 20:34   #20
Senior - BHPian

Because it was begging for rest after 9 years and 1.3 lac kms.
Old 3rd May 2010, 20:54   #21
BHPian

i sold my accent viva crdi after 4.5 years and 1.16lac kms on the odo as the cars parts, some cheap some expensive were konking off every 2 months or so. got myself a sx4 zxi and booked a polo.
Old 3rd May 2010, 21:05   #22
BANNED

Sad on the thought of selling a car

Never sold so any so far, would not want to do in the Future.

All my cars are too beloved to me.
Old 3rd May 2010, 21:06   #23
BHPian

Just sold my 5 Speed 800, after clocking 109250kms. I had upgraded the tyres to michellin less than 6 months back.

I had to force myself to sell it. Without which I was sure there was no way I was going to buy a new car. It was simply damn good car. Heck I got rid of it on my B'day to punish myself for selling it. And I didn't even wait till I get delivery of my Figo. Made myself strong and gave it away never to look back at it again. I knew it can easily do another 30K without any major repairs but I just had to stop. It had become like a second home for me. Have slept in it, changed cloths!!, got married, drove with new duhlan home, shifted home twice, been around Karnataka everywhere. It was too much and it just had to go away just like that like a dear family member.
Old 3rd May 2010, 21:08   #24
Senior - BHPian

Sold my '99 800 because I wanted something with AC and power steering.

Going to sell my Xeta because I've had enough of the Tata experience.
Old 3rd May 2010, 22:35   #25
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technocrat View Post
What, you bought your Zen back? I am glad to know that

I am yet to sell my car so will update the thread whenever I do
Had the Lancer and the NHC after the Zen ...but could never enjoy driving these cars the same way as the zen.The lancer is a good car while the NHC is the worst possible drivers car I have ever driven.Anything about 120 and you feel as if you are driving a bus !!Guess even the B7R handles better than the NHC .Got rid of the NHC within a month .

About the Zen ,i tried getting the new owner to sell it back ,I then almost bashed him up when he refused ,but then in the end ,i pleaded with him to sell it back to me and he promptly agreed to sell it back to me ,but at a premium.And I did this dealing over the phone ,without seeing the car

I was surprised when this guy agreed to sell the car back to me and insisted that I take the car ASAP and that he couldnt wait for me to land in Mangalore.So,I had the car dropped at my house in Mangalore and then I realised why this guy agreed to sell it back to me .

Left Driveshaft gone,left cross member cracked,all 4 tires damaged,headlights gone,battery gone ,dents all round the car ,front suspension ,lower arms ....the list goes on .

But,the engine is still the same.It still does 140 kph within no time ,it still outrdrags most bigger engined cars ,still does Mangalore-Bangalore in under 6 hours ,the exhaust still sounds like the best music that I have ever heard ....this list also goes on .

To summarise,I dont have any regrets in buying back this 10 year old car without seeing it and having to spend close to 50 K INR
Old 4th May 2010, 08:32   #26
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRC View Post
I some times plan to sell my car because its Fiat. then no body buys.

When somebody wants to by my car, I decide to keep it because its Fiat. Sorry, I have not been able to make up my mind. Because its fiat.
I do understand the emotion behind each word!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkg View Post
This is what i called Irony but we all are Team- BHPians.
Very true.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAVAN KADAM View Post
Sad on the thought of selling a car

Never sold so any so far, would not want to do in the Future.

All my cars are too beloved to me.
You are one Lucky soul.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ownerofazkaban View Post
Just sold my 5 Speed 800, after clocking 109250kms. I had upgraded the tyres to michellin less than 6 months back.

I had to force myself to sell it. Without which I was sure there was no way I was going to buy a new car. It was simply damn good car. Heck I got rid of it on my B'day to punish myself for selling it. And I didn't even wait till I get delivery of my Figo. Made myself strong and gave it away never to look back at it again. I knew it can easily do another 30K without any major repairs but I just had to stop. It had become like a second home for me. Have slept in it, changed cloths!!, got married, drove with new duhlan home, shifted home twice, been around Karnataka everywhere. It was too much and it just had to go away just like that like a dear family member.
Hope the Figo gives you back the same and much more good moments.

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedsatya View Post
I was surprised when this guy agreed to sell the car back to me and insisted that I take the car ASAP and that he couldnt wait for me to land in Mangalore.So,I had the car dropped at my house in Mangalore and then I realised why this guy agreed to sell it back to me .

Left Driveshaft gone,left cross member cracked,all 4 tires damaged,headlights gone,battery gone ,dents all round the car ,front suspension ,lower arms ....the list goes on .

But,the engine is still the same.It still does 140 kph within no time ,it still outrdrags most bigger engined cars ,still does Mangalore-Bangalore in under 6 hours ,the exhaust still sounds like the best music that I have ever heard ....this list also goes on .

To summarise,I dont have any regrets in buying back this 10 year old car without seeing it and having to spend close to 50 K INR
I'm sure many out here would queue up at your house the next time you think of selling a car. So that we could sell it back at a premium after some good usage.

Jokes apart. I do understand your exact feelings. The zen was one of the best cars from the maruti stable in india. I think the only comaprison was the Baleno. Truly a drivers car.

Last edited by gemithomas : 4th May 2010 at 08:34.
Old 4th May 2010, 08:49   #27
Team-BHP Support

Peugeot 309SRi - sold it as i was moving to India, I would have sold it as I had run up miles, one of the best cars I have owned
Tata Sierra - bits falling off for no reason
Zen - family grew
City Vtec - wanted something more comfy on long journeys also something safer
Old 4th May 2010, 08:56   #28
BHPian

It was a skoda laura. thats y i had to sell it.
Old 4th May 2010, 09:45   #29
BHPian

I sold only one car. A pre-owned M800, 1997 model, bought in 2000 and sold in Dec 2007.

Why did I sell it?

1. I felt it was unsafe especially after we had a family of 2 children.

2. Found it difficult to drive during heavy rains due to poor visibility.

Sold it to buy Octavia only to find out that the dealer (and the company??) cheated me with an old car and forged car registration. Felt withdrawal symptoms towards my honest and down to earth Maruti.

Cheers,

Last edited by diffsoft : 4th May 2010 at 09:47.
Old 4th May 2010, 10:03   #30
BHPian

1972 Fiat 1100 - Sold in 1996. It spent more time in the garage than on the road.
2002 Hyundai Accent - Sold in 2008. After 2L kms in 5.5 yrs, it too was spending more time in the garage than on the road

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks