Team-BHP - Why did you sell your car?
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Why did you sell your car? (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/80757-why-did-you-sell-your-car.html)

Just a simple Question.

Why did you sell your earlier car?:cool:

I sold my 8 year old Zen ,as I was moving out of the country and had no plans of coming back.So,I sold it to this MASS guy who I was sure,would maintain the car in the same way as I did .

Since then ,I decided to come back to India .I saw the car last month and was shocked to see its state .I immediately bought it back at a premium :) and have been enjoying my drives once again.

In 2004, I sold my Maruti Suzuki Omni [1992] to buy Maruti Suzuki Versa.

In 2009, I sold my Maruti Suzuki Versa to buy Fiat Linea.

I some times plan to sell my car because its Fiat. then no body buys.

When somebody wants to by my car, I decide to keep it because its Fiat.stupid:. Sorry, I have not been able to make up my mind. Because its fiat.

I sold all my previous cars, whenever I decided to buy a New Car.
(didnt want to maintain two cars at a time!)

Just a simple answer to your simple question. Didn't have the money to buy a new car outright. So had to sell the old car for the downpayment of the new car.

Quote:

Originally Posted by speedsatya (Post 1867179)
I sold my 8 year old Zen ,as I was moving out of the country and had no plans of coming back.So,I sold it to this MASS guy who I was sure,would maintain the car in the same way as I did .

Since then ,I decided to come back to India .I saw the car last month and was shocked to see its state .I immediately bought it back at a premium :) and have been enjoying my drives once again.

What, you bought your Zen back? I am glad to know that :)

I am yet to sell my car so will update the thread whenever I do :p

We sold our 1999 Marui 800 because these parts required changes:
5 tires
4 shocks
front bearing
some denting and painting
front both axles
a bloody thief stole the cd system head unit, he cut the dashboard with blade

I guess those were enough reasons to sell off the car
we sold it for Rs. 40,000 (Fourty thousand only)
Currently I have a 2004 Zen, and along with that we are now planning to buy a Chevorlet Beat or may be a Nissan Micra..

I sold my car as it developed rusts all over the body..fixed the first lot for Rs.15k.. the second one stared at me with Rs.25k job....hence got rid of that beauty

We sold our Padmini since it was too old to work anymore.
The Zen was sold when my brother went abroad and there was no one to use it.
I sold my beloved Fiat Adventure 1.6 just because it came with the "FIAT Badge" in India. Had it been any other brand i think i would still have been able to hold on to the wonderful car.

I sold my 2 year car to buy a diesel one as my running is pretty high. I planned it as a downpayment for the new car, but believe it or not on the day of loan agreement my mind changed to buy a bigger house, and booked it on that day. So instead of car I went for a house so all the money went in house. Left with very little money I regret I sold my car.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Surprise (Post 1867320)
I sold my car as it developed rusts all over the body..fixed the first lot for Rs.15k.. the second one stared at me with Rs.25k job....hence got rid of that beauty

what car was that buddy ?? if you wish to share..

Sold my Palio D since I was relocating and had enough problem with FIAT-Tata A.S.S:Frustrati.

If not would have kept the car forever.

Simple Reasons:
1.To buy another car
2.Major Problems with car
3.No Money/Space to affford another car.
4.Car getting too old for further use
5.Non-availability of spares

We Sold our '99 Omni in 2006 as it was getting old.
(But it had just 30k on the odd and immaculately maintained. Regret selling it. :Frustrati)

I brought a used '99 M800 (Coz' I could not afford anything above it at that time) in Oct 2007 and sold it in Dec 2007.

Sold it because I wanted a better car and I could afford it!

Brought an Indica DLS '03 in Jan 2008.

Will Sell it when I can afford my Brand new dream Car.

If I do have the Money/Time/Space to maintain the cars, I will never sell any of them!

i sell my cars because i get bored and want something better