Team-BHP - Hyderabad Auto Show - 14th to 16th May
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Hyderabad Auto Show - 14th to 16th May (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/80812-hyderabad-auto-show-14th-16th-may.html)

For the benefit of all TBHP members located in Hyderabad - received this invite in email - passing it on

Quote:

Dear Sir,

Auto Show South – the first Regional Auto Show – Hyderabad, is scheduled from 14th to 16th May 2010 at Hitex Exhibition Centre, Hyderabad. The event is organized jointly by Confederation of Indian Industry (CII) along with Society of Indian Automobile Manufacturers (SIAM) and supported by Automotive Component Manufacturers Association of India (ACMA) and Federation of Automobile Dealers Association of India (FADA).

The Auto Show South- Hyderabad is primarily targeted to give exposure to Southern Region market of the country and its requirements. The display highlights at the exhibition will be Passenger Cars, SUV / MUV, Luxury Cars, Bikes, Racing Bikes, Hybrid Vehicles, Electric Vehicles, Alternate Fuel Vehicles, School Buses, Metro Feeder Buses, Accessories, Car Audio / Music Systems, Video Systems, GPS Navigation Systems, Upholstery, Car Interiors, Tyres, Car Perfumes / Car Mats, Vehicle Security Systems.
Major brands like Toyota, Tata Motors, Hyundai, Honda Motorcycles, General Motors, Mahindra & Mahindra, BMW, Skoda etc have already confirmed their participation and will put on display the latest offerings.
The following events are also planned, concurrently with the exhibition,
· Torture Track
· Safety Ride
· Vintage Car display by Heritage Motoring Club
· Diesel Pavilion by SIAM
· Painting Competition for Students.

I am writing to cordially invite you to please visit Auto Show South and also seek your help and support in sending a maximum participation from your organisation to visit the exhibition. This exhibition will provide an opportunity to interact and network with key members of the Indian Automotive industry at a single platform. To register as a visitor, please log on to our website: Auto Show South Visitor Registration
I look forward to your cooperation and support in making Auto Show South a grand success.

Regards,

SHAKTI SAGAR

CHAIRMAN
CII ANDHRA PRADESH
PS - I would assume they are sending invites to folks who had registered for Delhi Auto Expo.

yeah , i got it too . wondering how come , but was there at delhi autoexpo . must have taken the add from there

This show is going to be cancelled as they have received just 2 confirmations from Auto dealers to put up in their stalls.
Also Heritage Motorclub doesnt have any local presence in hyderabad and they dont have any recourse to Vintage cars and motorcycles.Unless they have tied up withany local clubs.
Its a no show as far as I know.
The mother of the Auto Expo will happen at the 2nd Hyderabad Internation Auto Show in HICC from July 22-25 2010.Watch out for this.

Really? What a shame indeed. An event being organized by CII, and no takers.. Reflects poorly on the efforts that would have gone in selling the event!! :Frustrati:Frustrati

Quote:

Originally Posted by AlokSriva (Post 1868976)
Really? An event being organized by CII, and no takers..

CII is flying high after the success of Airshow in Hyderabad..Pity flying is not all the same a motoring...

Is this on??? I haven't seen any advertising around this.

Quote:

Originally Posted by hillram (Post 1869355)
CII is flying high after the success of Airshow in Hyderabad..Pity flying is not all the same a motoring...

Commercial success but a technical failure ... with Suryakiran falling over a residential property and demise of 2 pilots.

we have seen few so called Auto shows in Bangalore which had nothing to offer. other than Delhi Auto Expo we have nothing interesting even in Metro cities. I find small shows organized by college students are better than this.

It will be quite unfortunate if it is a no-show as per Hillram's information. They have got the CM to inaugurate the expo, so quite surprised that they are not more organised.:Frustrati

Separately, I have received 5 invites to the Auto ShowSouth - valid for 13, 14, 15 and 16 May between 12 to 8:30pm. I also have an invite to the inaugural ceremony on May 14 at 10:30 pm. Anyone interested, ping me and you can collect them from me at Begumpet.

Cheers,
Spyder

Mods - please do the honors and merge with already existing thread - http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ay-2010-a.html

Apologies for starting a new thread without looking up and hogging precious virtual real estate :)

Looks like the show is on:

Article Window

Quote:

Originally Posted by p'arth (Post 1884925)
Looks like the show is on:

Article Window

Yeah but sounds lame -- looks like there might be a few stalls only with stuff like Etios which was already covered in the Delhi expo.

Quote:

Originally Posted by AlokSriva (Post 1883802)
Mods - please do the honors and merge with already existing thread - http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ay-2010-a.html

Apologies for starting a new thread without looking up and hogging precious virtual real estate :)

Oh yeah there already exists a thread, but look below/above. Spyder has commented on both the threads and I did not know on which I posted or was tracking. :Frustrati

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spyder (Post 1883559)
It will be quite unfortunate if it is a no-show as per Hillram's information. They have got the CM to inaugurate the expo, so quite surprised that they are not more organised.

Separately, I have received 5 invites to the Auto ShowSouth - valid for 13, 14, 15 and 16 May between 12 to 8:30pm. I also have an invite to the inaugural ceremony on May 14 at 10:30 pm. Anyone interested, ping me and you can collect them from me at Begumpet.

Cheers,
Spyder