Team-BHP - Desire to get D'Zired !!! Adding Boot to Hatches
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Desire to get D'Zired !!! Adding Boot to Hatches (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/80817-desire-get-dzired-adding-boot-hatches.html)

Maruti scored a huge success by adding a boot to the Swift. So is the case with Indigo/Manza - a boot added on the Indica/Vista. Similarly the Polo sedan coming up looks to be a boot attached to the current hatch (correct if wrong). Similar is the case with Etios (as per another scoop thread).

The existing hatch segment is overflowing with recent new launches. The question is: which existing hatch can be best converted into a sedan i.e. which car you desire should get D'Zired?

Entry level: Alto, Spark etc. will look horribly puny in a 3 box avatar.

Tall Boys: Wagon R, Santro, Ritz etc. may not be technically good to add a boot due to high center of gravity. But Maruti can do anything clap:

How about adding a boot to the i10 or Beat or Figo? Can these D'zired sedans be of any competition to D'Zire and Manza? Probably the Figo with boot may be the ikon replacement and the i10 with a boot is the accent replacement.

My view, its the i20 that will score most if it comes with a boot added. The car is wide (width more than many sedans like Fiesta & Verna). Adding length will be technically possible and it will look chic by continuing the stylish European design to the rear. Plonk a powerful engine (1.4 petrol/MT) and price it just below the City and you have got a winner at hand. But of course it will eat away Verna sales.

i20 has a large wheelbase as well. (more than sx4 also IIRC).

But its not as simple as adding a boot to a car. There would be quite a lot of more work. It's not as easy as everyone thinks.

The 2011 Accent unveiled in China is already on the i20 platform.

No engineering job is simple. But then to survive in cut throat competition and saving costs too, this is one way :)
Quote:

Originally Posted by holysmoke (Post 1868911)
i20 has a large wheelbase as well. (more than sx4 also IIRC).

But its not as simple as adding a boot to a car. There would be quite a lot of more work. It's not as easy as everyone thinks.

Do you have any details/pics on 2011 Accent? Is there any thread on this forum?
Quote:

Originally Posted by indivic (Post 1869074)
The 2011 Accent unveiled in China is already on the i20 platform.

The Figo with a boot is called the Indian Ford Fiesta Sedan and has been selling in India for years.

i20 would look good with a boot. adding a boot on jazz will get us city zx back. fabia might also look decent with a boot.

I never desire these silly looking HCTS (hatch-converted-to-sedan) cars.
My reaction will be:

I am trying to imagine a Ritz dzired! :D

how about for some of us getting the "unbooted" version :D ??
certain cars look good without boots or the "extra baggage" as i may call it.
examples of cars which are sold here with boots and will look better without them
The Laura Hatch(Octavia)
Golf(jetta sedan)
Sx4 hatch
Corolla hatch(not sure about this)
soon to be released fiesta hatch(sedan is being released first)

I have done a few hatchback to Sedan, Sedan to hatchback and Sedan to MPV transformations check out the Attatchments...

The transformations are:

Honda CRZ --> CRZ Coupe
Honda Accord 2009 --> Honda Accord Estate
Nissan Micra --> Nissan Micra Utile Sedan (Utile is latin for utility)
Swift Dzire --> Swift Dzire LUXOR (Luxor is latin for luxury)
Fiat Linea --> Fiat Fresco (Fresco is italian for Cool)

Comments please.... :)

i20 will probably look great in a notchback version..
Ritz and santro. dezired?? OMG!!

I think the Jetta is available in an unbooted version outside..
The limted edition BMW 5 series notchback is also a gud example for the unbooted car...

Ever imagined how a Nano will look...:D.

On the serious note i would love to see a boot on i20 and for that matter de-boot a Corolla.

I'd say Getz!! Adding a boot to it will make it one hell of a Sedan - Accent replacement. The 2011 Accent, IMHO will replace the Verna, not the Indian Accent.

Quote:

Originally Posted by sidindica (Post 1869373)
I never desire these silly looking HCTS (hatch-converted-to-sedan) cars.
My reaction will be:

When the first time I saw the Swift D'Zire that was exactly my reaction.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deep Blue (Post 1869644)
I am trying to imagine a Ritz dzired! :D

The DZired Ritz will also have the bent inside tail. If a symbol could be used to represent a car I would represent the Ritz with ">" :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by AdityaNarayan (Post 1869731)
I have done a few hatchback to Sedan, Sedan to hatchback and Sedan to MPV transformations check out the Attatchments...

The transformations are:

Honda CRZ --> CRZ Coupe
Honda Accord 2009 --> Honda Accord Estate
Nissan Micra --> Nissan Micra Utile Sedan (Utile is latin for utility)
Swift Dzire --> Swift Dzire LUXOR (Luxor is latin for luxury)
Fiat Linea --> Fiat Fresco (Fresco is italian for Cool)

Comments please.... :)

Awesome pics Aditya especially the Utile and Fresco.

Quote:

Originally Posted by agspins (Post 1869750)
Ever imagined how a Nano will look...:D.

On the serious note i would love to see a boot on i20 and for that matter de-boot a Corolla.

Donno how it'll look but probably they might rename it to Micro due to 50 liters boot space added. But wait. Where will they add the boot to Nano? The engine is behind so the boot increases in the front .clap:

Quote:

Originally Posted by ph03n!x (Post 1869921)
I'd say Getz!! Adding a boot to it will make it one hell of a Sedan - Accent replacement. The 2011 Accent, IMHO will replace the Verna, not the Indian Accent.

Getz with a boot definitely better than i10 with a boot.

Quote:

Originally Posted by vinaydas (Post 1869716)
Sx4 hatch

SX4 hatch looks good, we had used it for a week. According to me SX4 sedan is ugly!!