Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 5th May 2010, 14:06   #16
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by v.anand View Post
@AdityaNarayan, Nissan Micra may have a lot of strengths, but looks is definitely not one of them. Also, if Micra is priced on par with cars like Alto, Spark etc., then agreed, it even looks better and will be the car of the decade what with all that kit thrown in for that price. As for Swift, it is known to be a smart looking car worldwide, only problem now is its too common on roads and its been there for sometime now. As for other cars in its segment, there is Polo, Punto, i20, Figo and even Beat which sell in India and all look decidedly better to the majority. Make no mistake, we are only talking about looks here.
P.S.: The photo you have put as A-star is infact, Nissan Pixo.
Well I do know it is the Nissan pixo but it is in fact sourced from indian made a stars so there is no difference in back design. Due to lack of badging I put that pic there. Makes no difference. And as for the comparo all the other cars might look better but that dosnt mean that the Micra looks bad does it?
Old 5th May 2010, 15:06   #17
BANNED

How are these for a change? Sexier?
Attached Thumbnails
Nissan 'V' Platform Sedan-nissanl02bmicrasedan.jpg  

Attached Images

Old 6th May 2010, 11:17   #18
BANNED

I think this will release by December 2010... hey can you comment on my changes to the rendering above?
Old 6th May 2010, 14:15   #19
BHPian

I dont think Nissan will ever release it in a hurry. I think they will adopt the wait and watch strategy - If Micra succeeds in India, then they might take the next step

Quote:
Originally Posted by v.anand View Post
@AdityaNarayan, Nissan Micra may have a lot of strengths, but looks is definitely not one of them. Also, if Micra is priced on par with cars like Alto, Spark etc., then agreed, it even looks better and will be the car of the decade what with all that kit thrown in for that price. As for Swift, it is known to be a smart looking car worldwide, only problem now is its too common on roads and its been there for sometime now. As for other cars in its segment, there is Polo, Punto, i20, Figo and even Beat which sell in India and all look decidedly better to the majority. Make no mistake, we are only talking about looks here.
P.S.: The photo you have put as A-star is infact, Nissan Pixo.
I do agree. Looks-wise, it depends on the person and looks are subjective. So we cant argue with that. A person who likes the Micra's styling will go one step ahead into features and pricing and that is where battle with other cars begins. Anyways, the pricing for the hatchback is the key. With the sedan though, its a different story. If Nissan style it similar to the hatch, they cannot price it much higher (read Dzire's and older Indigo's price) but if the styling is considerably different, they can charge a slight premium and get away with it.

Last edited by designersf : 6th May 2010 at 14:22.
Old 6th May 2010, 16:00   #20
Senior - BHPian

Its not the final design...

The rendering is supposed to be 65-70% of what the eventual car will look like. Im sure they will work around the lights and the bumpers. Well its not a looker but its a decent car, nissan interiors are always very high quality when compared with other there japanese counterparts (Nissan Teana for example, also the upcoming Micra with loads of first for India features).

Note from Mod : Please continue the discussion over on the Scoop Pic thread

Last edited by GTO : 19th September 2010 at 12:27. Reason: Adding link to new thread
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks