Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 4th May 2010, 15:31   #1
Senior - BHPian

Nissan 'V' Platform Sedan

Note from Mod : Please continue the discussion over on the Scoop Pic thread

Hi Guys. I was browsing online and came across first renderings (Source- Autoten.com) of the much awaited Nissan Sedan based on the 'V' platform which they use for the upcoming Micra in India.
I believe, although i have no concrete details that we will see this car in India pretty soon. My guess is that it will compete with the likes of the City, New Fiesta, New Verna, VW Vento, Linea etc. The car looks pretty good to me. Autoten says its about 65%-75% of what the actual car will look like, and i think its going to be called the Nissan March !
Attached Thumbnails
Nissan 'V' Platform Sedan-nissan_l02b.jpg  

Nissan 'V' Platform Sedan-nissan_l02b2.jpg  

Last edited by GTO : 19th September 2010 at 12:26. Reason: Adding link to other thread
Old 4th May 2010, 17:34   #2
BHPian

Front and side views are downright ugly, rear is OK. If it indeed intends to compete with linea/city/fiesta et al, it is going to be ugliest car in that segment.
Old 4th May 2010, 17:41   #3
Senior - BHPian

Somehow it appears to have been designed by Infinity designer to me... not appealing at all.
I wonder how do the designs such as Juke get passed by Nissan.
Old 4th May 2010, 17:59   #4
SMK
BHPian

Oh God please help me get the name of the designers in Nissan... I soo want to shoot them all!!!

First the Micra, TIIDA, Dualis Hatch, then there is the Murano sold as futuristic SUV, then this, why why why... its getting uglier @ Nissan!

Last edited by SMK : 4th May 2010 at 18:01. Reason: adding few more examples
Old 4th May 2010, 18:02   #5
Senior - BHPian

Looks like a modded SX4, and it is ugly. This is the country where many ugly cars sell more, so finding buyers is no big deal.
Old 4th May 2010, 21:46   #6
Senior - BHPian

The designer must have had a bad case of hiccups while drawing its lines!
Old 4th May 2010, 22:11   #7
Senior - BHPian

The rear looks like the Honda City ZX rear. Very similar!
Old 4th May 2010, 22:17   #8
BANNED

WELL, I really dont get why you pick on Nissan's design philosophy

- the Micra is simple and rounded to provide a great drag co-eff of 0.32 and it looks sturdy and built to last. Compared to some of the other ugly cars in India like thee Chevrolet 'Loris eyed' spark, or the plain Alto, or the boring Fusion- looking Figo I think the Micra is better off.

Nissan 'V' Platform Sedan-nis1.jpg

-The Murano looks brilliant with that frowning grill and that arched shape of the roof. Compare Tucson, Safari or even the Sumo and CRV and I would prefer the Murano ANY DAY!

Nissan 'V' Platform Sedan-nis2.jpg

- The Micra Sedan looks WAYYYY better than some of the cars we have so lovingly bought over the years like the 3rd gen Honda City- its looks are so sick that I would puke- the Micra Sedan looks way better than that version of the Honda City.

Nissan 'V' Platform Sedan-nis3.jpg

Another piece of Info- the sedan will be pitted against the Dzire and the Manza and not the higher C segment- which seals the deal as neither the Dzire nor the Manza have great looks- nd you can blindly write that one off- so stop picking on every Nissan Car that you find people--

we all have fallen for uglier cars than this!

Note from the Team-BHP Support : Please note that it is now imperative for you to upload pictures directly to the Team-BHP Server. Click here (Uploading photographs directly to Team-BHP) to view our simple help article on uploading pictures.

Last edited by Dippy : 7th May 2010 at 14:20. Reason: See the note in your post.
AdityaNarayan is offline   Received Infraction
Old 4th May 2010, 22:52   #9
BHPian

Great find ......

Quote:
Originally Posted by nik_kapur View Post
Hi Guys. I was browsing online and came across first renderings (Source- Autoten.com) of the much awaited Nissan Sedan based on the 'V' platform which they use for the upcoming Micra in India.
I believe, although i have no concrete details that we will see this car in India pretty soon. My guess is that it will compete with the likes of the City, New Fiesta, New Verna, VW Vento, Linea etc. The car looks pretty good to me. Autoten says its about 65%-75% of what the actual car will look like, and i think its going to be called the Nissan March !

Great find ...... Its really nice looking car...Modern and functional
Old 5th May 2010, 00:36   #10
BHPian

Still lot needs to be done to say whether it looks good or not. Also, isn't the next gen Renault Clio going to be based on this same platform? For those who feel Micra looks boring better wait for that.
Old 5th May 2010, 02:29   #11
BHPian

Oh well, that Nissan is a spitting image of SX4. We all loved SX4 - atleast those Maruthi enthu guys. I don't thinking this Nissan is gonna have a tough time.
Old 5th May 2010, 05:02   #12
SMK
BHPian

@AdityaNarayan: I am amazed to see that you like the Micra and the Murano mate! Please share the behind of both these cars as well These are considered ugly ducklings here and people dont go anywhere near them, let alone buying one!

Maybe its personal taste. But i hate all the cars coming out from the Nissan stable apart from the Navara, XTrail (decent enough), 370Z and the GTR.

I hate to look at the Maxima they sell as well, also have a strong dislike on the looks of the Dzire,Manza,Honda City(older model), So maybe its me!
Old 5th May 2010, 11:53   #13
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMK View Post
@AdityaNarayan: I am amazed to see that you like the Micra and the Murano mate! Please share the behind of both these cars as well These are considered ugly ducklings here and people dont go anywhere near them, let alone buying one!

Maybe its personal taste. But i hate all the cars coming out from the Nissan stable apart from the Navara, XTrail (decent enough), 370Z and the GTR.

I hate to look at the Maxima they sell as well, also have a strong dislike on the looks of the Dzire,Manza,Honda City(older model), So maybe its me!
What looks wrong with the back of both- I already told you it looks better than most cars in India today- look and see for yourself...
Murano:
Nissan 'V' Platform Sedan-01.jpg

This looks similar to the Audi Q7 shape of light and the Ix-35 from Hyundai so I don't see the problem

Audi Q7
Nissan 'V' Platform Sedan-02.jpg
IX-35 Hyundai: (almost Exact to Murano)
Nissan 'V' Platform Sedan-03.jpg

Safari: Bleuh!
Nissan 'V' Platform Sedan-04.jpg

Tucson Dumb!:
Nissan 'V' Platform Sedan-05.jpg

Nissan Micra:
Nissan 'V' Platform Sedan-06.jpg

Suzuki Alto
Nissan 'V' Platform Sedan-07.jpg

A-Star (yuck)
Nissan 'V' Platform Sedan-08.jpg

Chevrolet Spark (Loris face!) Trying to look cute but fails!
Nissan 'V' Platform Sedan-09.jpg

Zen Estilo- Plain boxy and un inspiring
Nissan 'V' Platform Sedan-10.jpg

Maruti Swift What a bulging back (I really cant figure how this car sold so much)
Nissan 'V' Platform Sedan-11.jpg

Hyundai i10- It dosn't have curves, its back is flat and design boring.
Name:  12.jpg
Views: 3062
Size:  52.2 KB

As far as my pic comparison goes I think the Micra is way better off than some of the cars sold in India today so I think it should do fine- it has the hint of sportiness with those curved lines above the back lens and that V shaped rear window- combined with super alloys and an 80bhp pot it will be better than its rivals like Swift, Beat, i10 etc. The only competitors look wise is maybe the Ritz (even that has unconventional banged head looks), Beat (awesome looks), Figo (AGain fUSION INSPIRED back BUT GOOD IN THE FRONT), Punto (The best looking hatchback in the lot EASILY!!) and Polo (Again check its back it is quite plain- most of people have succumbed to the hype around a VW car launching in India for the first time (hatchback))

Note from Team BHP Support :Please note that it is now imperative for you to upload pictures directly to the Team-BHP Server. Click here (Uploading photographs directly to Team-BHP) to view our simple help article on uploading pictures.

Last edited by Dippy : 7th May 2010 at 14:29. Reason: See the note at the end of your post
Old 5th May 2010, 13:11   #14
BHPian

@AdityaNarayan:looks are subjective, and you need not justify why you find one particualr car beautiful. But the way you bash almost every other car is startling. I think nobody in here has anything in particular against Nissan.

I, like some of the others here, do not find Micra (hatch or sedan) attractive at all. All we wanted to say is design-wise Micra is a let-down. And comparing it with almost 20year old Alto does not make sense. People do not buy Estilo or Alto just because they are good-looking.
Old 5th May 2010, 13:35   #15
BHPian

@AdityaNarayan, Nissan Micra may have a lot of strengths, but looks is definitely not one of them. Also, if Micra is priced on par with cars like Alto, Spark etc., then agreed, it even looks better and will be the car of the decade what with all that kit thrown in for that price. As for Swift, it is known to be a smart looking car worldwide, only problem now is its too common on roads and its been there for sometime now. As for other cars in its segment, there is Polo, Punto, i20, Figo and even Beat which sell in India and all look decidedly better to the majority. Make no mistake, we are only talking about looks here.
P.S.: The photo you have put as A-star is infact, Nissan Pixo.

Last edited by v.anand : 5th May 2010 at 13:38.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks