Team-BHP - Indica Turbo vs Getz vs Swift
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Indica Turbo vs Getz vs Swift (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/8085-indica-turbo-vs-getz-vs-swift.html)

which is a better choice, given that indica turbo diesel is in the fray. To make the comparison easier, I have compared similar models:

Indica Turbo DLG: 4.7 onroad.
Getz GVS: 5.2 onroad
Swift Vxi: 4.75 on road.

all three have similar features, give and take a few features here and there.

my vote is for the indica turbo dlg. too much value for money, now with the power too.

what do you guys think

Indica Turbo DLG without any shadow of doubt!.. Power, Savings(Diesel) and Fuel efficiency! And most spacious... what else can you ask for?!

Def. the Indica.
It has all the makings of a diesel hot hatch.
I would spend the extra 50K on mods but quality is still a factor.

Dude, you can't ask for anything more now that the Turbo has bought th Indica up to 68bhp..... I juz bought it exactly 1 month back, and I feel like _______ now....

Your only too lucky, go get it buddy...... Gud luck!!

had booked the getz last week by paying rs. 5,000. am planning to cancel the booking and get the indica turbo.

any idea whether the dealers refund the booking amount. The dealer i have given the booking amount to is Trident Hyundai in Bangalore. Even if they don;t do give me the refund, I am planning to get the Indica turbo.

They definitely will and SHOULD give you a refund.... Give it to them in writing that you have planned to cancel the booking and want to have the booking amount refunded... Maybe B'lore fellows may be able to chip-in and help....

Besta luck!! Wise decision.....

For now its the new Indiaca V2 for sure, its a great hatch overall. But i am looking forward to the Swift with 1.3L multijet diesel engine.

I dunno how it sounds but I will say go with the getz.

why?

1. It is the safest of the lot with abs and airbags.
2. new design.
3. Maruti car so it is cheap and affordable to maintain.
4. resale will be better.
5. fit and finish and design is way better than a tata.
6. power is better than the turbo though it may not save money as a diesel.

I may suggest tata being an Indian but safet is a must.

Quote:

Originally Posted by devarshi84

why?

2. new design.

You said go with Getz but highlighted airbags and abs etc that come with Swift???
I feel that people tend to jump for anything thats new.... so no wonder we will have many stating that go for Indica with new engine, even though we know that just the engine is new, rest all remains the same. And the Indica is filled with problems, AC, Alternator, Rims, etc. But still people will jump for new, even though ppl owning Indigo which is turbo as well are not happy.
Second is the psychological factor, with increase in petrol price, people are just paniced and even though the price has increase by 3 rs, ppl feel its a lot and ..... fear psychosis!
Lastly if you purely rate the car by how they drive, I would say go with Swift with your eyes closed. Its better of all the cars you have mentioned. The engine and gearbox will keep u revving all day, the AC is nice and it doesnt feel out of breadth (asthamatic) like Getz. The fit and finish migh not be as good as Hyundai, but this car is miles apart from the competition in driveability. Why get excited about 68ps on Indica, when Swift gives 88ps???
Lastly I would say go for Indica, only if you drive 1.5k or more per month, else its Swift all the way. You wont regret it!

Go 4 Indica Turbo :D

Quote:

Originally Posted by devarshi84

why?

2. new design.

I am sure you meant Swift..??

On a long run the swift makes more sense. The indica is likely to give problems maybe 2 to 3 years from now and the quality / fit and finish & resale value will be a problem..also its an old car compared to swift. However you can save considerably on fuel..but that too if you travel atleast 1000+ kms a month...

Quote:

Originally Posted by dceite
I am sure you meant Swift..??

Certainly my mistake. Coz Maruti doesnt make Getz. :D

Quote:

Originally Posted by Catamaran
On a long run the swift makes more sense. The indica is likely to give problems maybe 2 to 3 years from now and the quality / fit and finish & resale value will be a problem..also its an old car compared to swift. However you can save considerably on fuel..but that too if you travel atleast 1000+ kms a month...

I think the theory that "you save with diesel if you travel xxxx kms a month" does not hold true when we are comparing two cars one diesel and other petrol when both cost nearly the same. (infact Indica DLG costs less than Swift vxi). Maybe you mean to say that Indica will have more frequent service intervals and will give more problems compared to Swift. If that is the case, i dont buy that argument at all, because Tata has improved a lot in areas where both Indica V1 and V2 etc. suffered. Only thing is servicing schedules.. i dont think that is going to affect much on the savings anyway...

Quote:

Originally Posted by dceite
I think the theory that "you save with diesel if you travel xxxx kms a month" does not hold true when we are comparing two cars one diesel and other petrol when both cost nearly the same. (infact Indica DLG costs less than Swift vxi). Maybe you mean to say that Indica will have more frequent service intervals and will give more problems compared to Swift. If that is the case, i dont buy that argument at all, because Tata has improved a lot in areas where both Indica V1 and V2 etc. suffered. Only thing is servicing schedules.. i dont think that is going to affect much on the savings anyway...

Agree to you dceite,,,but my experience says diesels have more maintenance cost compared to petrol cars...the service cost of our 95 esteem was very cheap and hardly anything,,, however when switched over to qualis the service cost was very high when compared to esteem..for the same kind of running...
Agree to the fact that both vehicles are not in the same league and that toyota parts are expensive compared to Maruti's.. however for the limited running, qualis was more expensive to maintain and petrol cars made more sense cos all we saved on fuel was lost on the servicing..and that's because we had limited running...so why go for more sound & vibration, less powered diesel ???
but not sure of the new generation indica's service costs...if its cheap agree: