Team-BHP - Ford India rolls out 1,00,000th Fiesta
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Ford India rolls out 1,00,000th Fiesta (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/80944-ford-india-rolls-out-1-00-000th-fiesta.html)

Even though Figo has become Ford India’s landmark model, its four-year-old model ‘Fiesta’ has created a milestone in its production. Ford India’s 100,000th Fiesta was driven off the assembly line by Ford India's president and managing director Michael Boneham in the presence of executive director, Marketing, Sales and Service, Nigel Wark; Sandip Sanyal, executive director of Operations and hundreds of Ford India employees at the final assembly cheering enthusiastically to this proud moment.
''After a terrific sales record in March and April, the rolling out of the 100,000th Ford Fiesta is a truly special moment for Ford India. The event marks a new milestone for us'', said Michael Boneham, president and managing director of Ford India.

Fiesta has won several accolades and awards since its roll-out in the Indian market. Powered by the TDCi common-rail technology powertrains, Fiesta has been widely recognized for its fuel efficiency and superior ride and handling. The special edition Fiesta 1.6 S was adjudged the Best Drivers' Car amongst top 10 cars by Formula-1 driver Narain Karthikeyan in 2008. More recently Fiesta was also ranked No. 1 in 'Total Customer Satisfaction in the Diesel Midsize Segment' in the TNS Automotive 2009-TCS Study.

''Ford Fiesta continues to make us feel proud and is a significant product in our portfolio. The popularity of the Fiesta testifies that more and more customers have been reassured by its quality, features and performance. The sale of the 100,000th Fiesta is testimony to our strong customer appreciation for the Fiesta,'' added Boneham.

Source : WheelsUnplugged - India's Leading Automobile News Website |

Thats a great achievement for Ford India.Good comeback FORD-Way to GO!!

I had a Ford Ikon 1.6 Zxi for seven years-awesome ride. Well planted and spirited. Ford does build good cars for sure!

My next car for the family is a Ford FIGO for sure.clap:

At USA, Ford was reported to be in black after many years with a good margin. Endeavour- Everest, Mondeo, Figo , Fusion, Fiesta doing well in most markets. Way to go Ford. Now please, launch a real good sedan!

Kudos to Ford India! Job well done for sure :)

Nice to see some milestone reachedclap: but the Fiesta deserved to reach this milestone much earlier if only it was priced sensibly from day1.

Great news and an encouraging one too:thumbs up. Many kudos to Ford India for tightening the belt and rising up strong. Hope the same feat is achieved for Figo too.

Thats indeed a great news !!!! Way to go Ford..

Congrats Ford from a die hard Fiat fan.:D

Kudos to Ford India and to the 'driver's car'! Well-deserved accolade indeed!

That's surely an achievement clap:
I hope Figo takes 1/4 of the time to achieve the same feat.

Hearty Congratulations to Ford India!!!i am just contemplating a purchase of the fiesta but i think they may get some limited edition soon so will wait for that!!

Congrats to Ford India!

I have driven the Fiesta 1.6 a few times and absolutely loved it! Great car and it deserves its success.

If you think about it, Ford India has actually done quite well. Two of their models (the iKon and the Fiesta have clocked decent numbers) and the Figo promises to be a good seller.

Good for Ford India, they have consistently made some of the best driver's cars in India.

Guys,
Any idea on the number of Ikon's sold this far? I am sure they must have crossed the 1 lac mark , as the Ikon has been available for more than a decade.

Independent manufacturers are upping the game it seems, first the Chevy Spark & now, the Fiesta. This shows that these brands are gaining acceptance rapidly in the Indian market.Personally, I like the engine of the 1.6S, the best you can get in that price IMHO.

Now if only Ford stopped announcing every fortnight on a new 'LIMITED EDITION' of 'INDIA'S BEST DRIVER'S CAR'.