Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th May 2010, 14:15   #61
BHPian

We moved from a City to a Jazz. No regrets. Makes more sense in a city
Old 9th May 2010, 14:39   #62
BHPian

I moved from City to Polo. No regrets so far. Though I'm not getting the space like what I got in the city, but the suspension is more stiffer and handling is just superb when compared to city. Price was not criteria but it's just a bonus :-)
Old 9th May 2010, 18:40   #63
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by smartcat View Post

- My "Big car" has only a driver airbag. Modern small cars have dual airbags, ABS & EBD. Some like i20 have 6 airbags.
I dont think you can buy a 6 airbag one now.It is discontinued
Old 10th May 2010, 14:23   #64
BHPian

I dont really get that any Sedan is more Prestigious than an hatch thing! I think we have to evaluate each car on its own merits and buy according to one's needs. Is a Indigo, Accent, Ikon, Esteem, Logan more premium than i20, Polo, Punto, Jazz, Fabia? I dont think so and infact think the listed hatch's are more premium than many sedans. Even interior space wise, most of these cars would match or beat the sedan's listed above. So for me there is no question of downgrading or downshifting if you want to sell a sedan and buy a hatchback.
Old 11th May 2010, 12:09   #65
BHPian

I feel that downshifting from a sedan to a hatch has its benefits but for a guy like me it might not work. I usually go on long trips ( frequent Bangalore - Alleppy trips) and with our one year old baby girl we need to carry a lot of stuff. So boot space = very important. Add parents to the passenger list, rules out a hatchback (my mom needs a good backseat !)
Shifting Down or Up, it all depends on what your requirements are !
Old 11th May 2010, 13:12   #66
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by altius View Post
I dont really get that any Sedan is more Prestigious than an hatch thing! I think we have to evaluate each car on its own merits and buy according to one's needs. Is a Indigo, Accent, Ikon, Esteem, Logan more premium than i20, Polo, Punto, Jazz, Fabia? I dont think so and infact think the listed hatch's are more premium than many sedans. Even interior space wise, most of these cars would match or beat the sedan's listed above. So for me there is no question of downgrading or downshifting if you want to sell a sedan and buy a hatchback.
Why compare a generation old sedans with new generation hatchbacks.?

Compare new Gen Hatchbacks with new generation Sedans..

Can i20 compare with Indigo Manza in terms of space, comfort, mileage, ride and handling. I surely dont think so.
Old 11th May 2010, 14:19   #67
BHPian

i am more than satisfied with my sedan,but yes the package(luxury and price) which Indian hatchbacks are offering is quite tempting.

Near future marks the beginning of trend for luxury hatches in spite of cheap sedans.
Old 11th May 2010, 14:25   #68
BHPian

Currently Driving a Corolla,planning to buy an i 20 diesel.

the luxury available in these hatches are as good as sedans then why not.
Old 11th May 2010, 14:36   #69
BHPian

well in my case it is not downshifting, but adding another car.
i own a Petrol innova for more than 5 years and latest addition is i10. but my personal opinion i feel innova is more comfortable than i10, the only advantage of hatchback is the FE other than that i don't find any advantages. i still prefer innova over i10 anytime.
Old 11th May 2010, 15:51   #70
BANNED

For me, a car smaller than the one I currently own would be possible if it were to be an addition to my stable and not by eliminating the bigger car. Yes, smaller cars are easier and better in many ways, but after owning a big car, coming down to a small car, Naah, difficult for me for reasons both in the heart and in the head.

And among small cars, the one that I d like to own, is a bright yellow Nano.
Old 11th May 2010, 21:41   #71
//M
Distinguished - BHPian

Recently my neighbours sold their pre-owned Esteem and bought a new Alto, because they primarily wanted a small town car with good FE and felt that the extra space in a Esteem is not really needed. So its not necessarily a downshift when one switches from a sedan to a hatch, but it actually depends upon the person's requirements from a car.

For me, it has to be a sedan though, if not a MPV or SUV, as I need lots of luggage space for my frequent out-of-town trips and also good space and comfort for the passengers, without loosing out on driving pleasure.
Old 12th May 2010, 16:04   #72
Senior - BHPian

In India mentality wise its true that people will raise there eyebrows when someone shifts from big car (sedan) to a small car (hatch). Though small cars are very hi tech now a days, still people treats it as a small car only. Its no harm to shift to a small car. It should be need based only. If some one like me need large boot then sedan is the only option. I always carry a lots of stuff when going out of station. I have small kid so need to carry lots of stuff. so its purely need based. The one who uses car strictly in city for him its better to buy small car with all features, better mileage. If someone is buying just for neighbors envy then sedan is best
Old 12th May 2010, 18:08   #73
BHPian

Well I think i20 can compare with Manza in terms of comfort, mileage, ride and handling. I think it is better looking and believe it is much better put together and much safer with upto 6 airbags. Also the i20 1.4 petrol and diesel is much more powerful than Manza. Also in terms of convenience i20 has Automatic. If there are no passengers in the rear seats, Hatchbacks can carry more stuff by folding the seats. I am not disputing that Sedans have their own advantages, but hatchbacks like Jazz, Polo, i20, Fabia have more premium features than many Sedans and they cannot be considered less premium just because they are hatchbacks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankaranand View Post
Why compare a generation old sedans with new generation hatchbacks.?

Compare new Gen Hatchbacks with new generation Sedans..

Can i20 compare with Indigo Manza in terms of space, comfort, mileage, ride and handling. I surely dont think so.
Old 13th May 2010, 14:33   #74
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Well I think i20 can compare with Manza in terms of comfort, mileage, ride and handling.
In terms of sheer quality & equipment, the Manza cannot touch the i20. On the other hand, when it comes to comfort (space, seats, ride quality), the Manza is Emperor. Forget the i20, not even the Altis, Civic or Laura come close to the Manza. The only comparable Hyundai I can think of is the Hyundai Sonata...but then, it costs 15 lakhs!
Old 13th May 2010, 15:41   #75
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Well I think i20 can compare with Manza in terms of comfort, mileage, ride and handling. I think it is better looking and believe it is much better put together and much safer with upto 6 airbags.
Manza has acres of space in the rear and will definitely return better F.E. (Diesel) than the i20 crdi. Manza to me is the best VFM at that price bracket. I20 is in a diff league altogether.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks