Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th October 2005, 13:59   #31
BHPian

Honda maintains an Attitude !

I agree about the quality that Honda had to offer. One of my friends worked for them. Got to see how they checked each and every vehicle...believe me people its one tedious process..no wonder they are soo confident of their vehicle...Hyundai on the other hand is value for money but they gotta go a long way in tweaking their finishes and exteriors....quite tacky I must say...
Old 18th October 2005, 17:37   #32

I have had my honda for the last 3 years and i have had no problem with the support staff in bangalore at all. If anything they have been pretty prompt, courteous and saved me a lot of trouble with their detailed service policies. Ofcourse it also helps that i have not had a single problem with the car itself!!
Old 18th October 2005, 19:14   #33
BHPian

I am in Kuala Lumpur on a business visit. Went to a local Honda dealer (Shahrul Salleh)... Vini, Vidi, City! (NNHCVtec)

What an animal! The interior is black with silver metallic panel (only on Vtec)... appears like an wolf ready to pounce... shoes (185/55R15) look terrific... specs are different (110 ps; 14.6 kgm)... fully loaded incl. ABS/EBD/BA/ Dual SRS airbags... OTR price RM 89,300 (Rs 10,67,867).
Old 18th October 2005, 19:25   #34
BHPian

The prices are on the website. But sundaram honda in chennai says that they are not taking bookings yet as the official prices are not out.

Other points they mentioned.

1. Actual prices will be available by november first week.
2. Booking will start after availability of prices.
3. Car available for test drive only at end november.
4. Vechicle delivery will start in Jan.
5. All colors will be available only from april 2006.

Wonder why they launched so hurriedly...
Old 18th October 2005, 22:59   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by LandCruiser
Wonder why they launched so hurriedly...
I think its pretty evident ... they want all the customers to know that the NNHC is just around the corner and also with a VTec option ... they want ppl to wait and check out their car before deciding on the Fiesta ...

Japanese are known the world over for their shrewdness ...
Old 19th October 2005, 00:06   #36
Senior - BHPian

I assume the new vtec will be an absolute flop. the other i-dsi models will do well though.

I dunno if it makes a good move but mitsibishi will be pitting its 1.5 lancer which is also good in FE against the NHC with the release of the cedia soon. the invecs may compete with the new vtec

Last edited by devarshi84 : 19th October 2005 at 00:07.
Old 19th October 2005, 09:31   #37
GTO
Team-BHP Support

I dont really think that it will be a flop, per se. There are too many customers who walk in to the showroom and ask for only "the highest end version". Most OHC Vtecs that I see in Bombay are chauffeur driven.

GTO
Old 20th October 2005, 00:54   #38
Senior - BHPian

U amaze me GTO. LOL! Thats a pity.
Old 20th October 2005, 01:16   #39
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO
I dont really think that it will be a flop, per se. There are too many customers who walk in to the showroom and ask for only "the highest end version". Most OHC Vtecs that I see in Bombay are chauffeur driven.
GTO
Couldn't agree with you more GTO, even in delhi 85-90% VTEC's are being driven by drivers. Sad really, absolute waste of a wonderful machine
Old 20th October 2005, 09:33   #40
Senior - BHPian

High sales of the I-DSI NHC notwithstanding, the car is a piece of crap. If the city had a GM or Ford logo on it's grille, the car would have been a super flop. People would have said GM/Ford technology is useless, how can a mid-size sedan with 1.4 L (?) engine give out only 77bhp, they would have said GM/Ford are fooling Indians by dishing out crap. Put a H logo and Indians start singing praises! How many of you wanna bet that this is what would have happened if the car was Ford City/Chevrolet City/Fiat City?
As for the NNHC Vtec, the car is gonna be a success. I agree with GTO. Most people who own a VTec have no idea what VTec is. They bought the car because it was the costliest Honda City and thats why the NNHC vtec will sell.
Old 20th October 2005, 10:02   #41
Senior - BHPian

you are RIght Amit.

Ford Ikon is an excellent car but didnt sell well just because it comes from the Blue Oval.

NHC sucks big time. I need to ask a reason to Honda why they actually discontinued the OHC even when the sales were going strong.
Old 20th October 2005, 10:07   #42
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
People would have said GM/Ford technology is useless, how can a mid-size sedan with 1.4 L (?) engine give out only 77bhp, they would have said GM/Ford are fooling Indians by dishing out crap. Put a H logo and Indians start singing praises!
LOL! You hit the nail right on its head. Its actually a 1.5 engine, which makes the 77 BHP look even worse. And God - we have not even got to the looks part yet.

GTO
Old 20th October 2005, 10:10   #43
Senior - BHPian

OK can some1 tell me why the OHC parted just before corolla entered and why NHC moved a segment up instead of staying in the same segment???

why is there no Honda and toyota car colliding in the same segment???

This is treachery according to me.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks