Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 17th June 2010, 01:02   #16
BHPian

Saw it in the flesh. err wire.

Ok, So I Sunday saw me rushing through Nirmal Lifestyle mall towards the multiplex. I was cutting it pretty fine for a movie show and saw a Nissan Stall up front.

I hadn't seen this thread on t-bhp yet, so was surprised to see the wireframe car. I had enough time to click these 2 pics before hurrying on.

It was an eye catching idea alright, something unique but as has been pointed out, the wireframe does not generate too much interest beyond gawking.
People stopped by just to see it and then moved on. Very few people asked any questions to those manning the stall and even fewer went behind to the screens.
Attached Thumbnails
Nissan Micra “Exposure Marketing” effort kicks off-nissan-micra-1.jpg  

Nissan Micra “Exposure Marketing” effort kicks off-nissan-micra-2.jpg  

Old 17th June 2010, 01:16   #17
Senior - BHPian

Whats the point of having this wire frame thing?They would have been better off showcasing the real thing to gauge public response.Surprisingly,when they launched the 370Z,they had the real car displayed in malls,and the Micra gets only a wireframe!
Old 17th June 2010, 01:20   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by avishar View Post
Whats the point of having this wire frame thing?They would have been better off showcasing the real thing to gauge public response.Surprisingly,when they launched the 370Z,they had the real car displayed in malls,and the Micra gets only a wireframe!
I guess this is Nissan's way of generating suspense about the Micra without showing the real car. Otherwise what will they show at the launch proper?
Old 17th June 2010, 01:21   #19

SAw this in Pune around a month ago. As you said, alot of Gawking and nothing more. When they approached me, I said I already knew everything there was to know about the car!! They were shocked...

EDIT: Arent those wheelcaps from the Esteem?
Old 17th June 2010, 08:50   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyrus43 View Post

EDIT: Arent those wheelcaps from the Esteem?

Aah! Now I know where my neighbour's Esteem's missing wheel caps went
Old 17th June 2010, 11:48   #21
BHPian

The videos were good though. I went to their stall in Chennai and the videos do explain the layman what Nissan is about.

PS - Doesn't make a difference for us enthusiasts though

Note from Mod : Please continue the discussion in the Nissan Micra Test-Drive Report Thread

This thread is closed.

Last edited by GTO : 30th June 2010 at 12:46. Reason: Adding thread closure note
Closed Thread

Most Viewed