Team-BHP - Nissan Micra “Exposure Marketing” effort kicks off
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Nissan Micra “Exposure Marketing” effort kicks off (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/81224-nissan-micra-exposure-marketing-effort-kicks-off.html)

Note from Mod : Please continue the discussion in the Nissan Micra Test-Drive Report Thread

This thread is closed.

From Nissan's Official Press Release:

Quote:

Get Up Close and Personal with Nissan India’s ‘EXPOSURE MARKETING’

- Interactive Displays at high footfall areas to create Brand awareness
- An Unique Wire-mesh design of soon to be launched Micra on Display

Mumbai/Chennai, May 10, 2010: Nissan Motor India Private Ltd. (NMIPL) in line with its ongoing campaign to build brand awareness to reach out to its target and prospective customers has started a new ‘EXPOSURE MARKETING’ initiative at high footfall areas across key cities in India. Beginning in May 2010, this two-day activity will be held every Saturday and Sunday at a prominent mall in the city and will move to different location in a different city the following weekend thus covering the length and breadth of the country. The activity will continue until December 2010.

Nissan Micra “Exposure Marketing” effort kicks off-nissan1.jpg

Nissan Micra “Exposure Marketing” effort kicks off-nissan2.jpg

As part of the initiative, specially created pavilions with interactive LCD display kiosks are set up at these malls and visiting customers are encouraged to participate by specially trained Nissan Brand Ambassadors and guided to this pavilion. Through the interactive kiosks, each customer gets an overview on the Nissan heritage, its products and an opportunity to choose a model of their choice. A micro site on Nissan Micra has also been created for the followers of the car to know the first hand information of the Micra. Nissan Micra Adding to all this excitement, during the pre-launch phase is a unique wire frame design of the soon- to-be-launched Nissan Micra on display providing curious customers a ‘touch and feel’ effect of the car before they get to see the real one at the Dealer showrooms. The actual car, would replace the wire-mesh design display once it is launched commercially in July 2010.

Says, Kiminobu Tokuyama, MD &CEO, Nissan Motor India Private Ltd., “We are very encouraged and humbled with the response and number of enquiries received on the showcasing of Nissan Micra. As we gear up for start of sales in July 2010, we are constantly looking at innovative platforms to reach out to our target and prospective customers. The Exposure Marketing initiative is one such opportunity to not only build awareness of our brand but also seek valuable insights from our prospective buyers on our new product offering.“

Says Abhijeet Pandit, VP (Operations), Hover Automotive India, “The Exposure Marketing initiative helps us to gather database of our target and prospective buyers of the Micra. As we ramp-up our dealership network across the country, we also felt it pertinent to create more touch-points for our prospective buyers to learn more about the brand, our products and services. Given the curiosity and interest around Micra, we also decided to create a wire-mesh display of the car to attract customers with a sneak preview of the product to build additional excitement till the actual car hits the roads.”

Nissan Micra “Exposure Marketing” effort kicks off-nissan3.jpg

The Nissan Micra wire frame design to be displayed at the Nissan pavilion also highlights the engineering and design skills of a car enthusiast turned entrepreneur Faisal Nensey who specializes in re-designing and modification of cars in Mumbai. The Nissan Micra wire frame display is a result of 208 Kilograms of steel rods involving 4000 man-hours that involved studying and analyzing the photographs, designing and execution.

During the two-day special activity, potential customers visiting the Nissan pavilion are offered with a variety of interactive programs like choosing the right Nissan product based on certain set of criteria and personal needs. Apart from the Micra, visitors are also exposed to Nissan’s existing range of products like X-Trail, Teana and 370Z.

Nissan Micra “Exposure Marketing” effort kicks off-timing.jpg

IMO it is a good initiative from Nissan to get a feel before the launch of the Micra of the market reaction.

Looking forward to seeing the car in the flesh! when are the sales of the Micra starting?

Kolkata surprisingly doesn't feature on the map Nissan has for India.

the schedule is missing a column i think .because it has been divided in to west ,north and south region and whole of eastern region is missing or they dont have any dealers in the east

Quote:

Originally Posted by rupinder (Post 1879432)
the schedule is missing a column i think .because it has been divided in to west ,north and south region and whole of eastern region is missing or they dont have any dealers in the east

I'm not sure but this is exactly how it appeared in the press release. But yes I agree there is no mention of East anywhere.

Nissan will be coming up with a dealer in the East. Dont worry 1100D.

As for the marketing, its a novel way. Let's see how people respond. BTW, the wireframe looks good if they paint it in white and if it is in 1:1 scale as people will get an idea about the actual size of the car

The approach seems to be new for sure, appreciate that.
But have a question, why a wire frame, I would prefer seeing a car in person(even if not doing a TD), than seeing a wire frame. The launch is near people would prefer seeing and feeling the car than seeing a wire frame, and make assumptions.

Quote:

Originally Posted by xingamazon (Post 1879490)
The approach seems to be new for sure, appreciate that.
But have a question, why a wire frame, I would prefer seeing a car in person(even if not doing a TD), than seeing a wire frame. The launch is near people would prefer seeing and feeling the car than seeing a wire frame, and make assumptions.

I second that . Why a wire frame mesh. When prototype and production ready models are already there why not display a real car for people to get a feel of the car. They would get far more interest with a real car. I would find it boring sitting in front of a screen and "learning" about Nissan as well looking at a fake mock up of a car. Nissan acting Cheap!

great, they have listed my weekend mall for that too. I have registered on their website too.

Thanks for sharing it dippy, not sure if specs will be released by then ! someone said they are launching CVT too !

Nice move in getting the masses to touch & feel the "Nissan" brand. However, the cars unveiling is a little over a month away. Nissan would do far better in showcasing the actual car, vis a vis a wireframe which tells little about the Micra.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mafia (Post 1879311)
Looking forward to seeing the car in the flesh! when are the sales of the Micra starting?

End June - Mid July.

Quote:

Originally Posted by tanwaramit (Post 1879681)
great, they have listed my weekend mall for that too. I have registered on their website too.

Thanks for sharing it dippy, not sure if specs will be released by then ! someone said they are launching CVT too !

A CVT would be fantastic. Considering we do not have too many options for an AT in the small car market, a Micra CVT would be the perfect city hatch for those looking at hassle free driving. A boon in todays's bumper to bumper traffic for sure.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dippy (Post 1881349)
A CVT would be fantastic. Considering we do not have too many options for an AT in the small car market, a Micra CVT would be the perfect city hatch for those looking at hassle free driving. A boon in todays's bumper to bumper traffic for sure.

if that happens, then people will have an alternative to i10 AT. Very sad that Swift is not yet available in AT version in India.

Look forward to more updates on Micra.

Yeah. This is what Maruti had to say when I enquired about the 1.2 Swift CVT:

We would like to inform you that as of now there is no official information regarding the launch of Maruti Suzuki Swift with CVT. However, we suggest you to keep in touch with Maruti website for latest updates regarding new upcoming cars.

Darn. If not the CVT, at least plonk the same 4 speed that the SX4 has into the fuel-efficient K-series engines.

Quote:

Originally Posted by tanwaramit (Post 1882023)
if that happens, then people will have an alternative to i10 AT. Very sad that Swift is not yet available in AT version in India.

Look forward to more updates on Micra.

Overall, its a great idea. I say bring in the hot cars like GT-R and 370Z to pull in the crowds.

Wireframe is a silly idea, I saw one of the LF-A in the Chicago auto show.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mpower (Post 1882171)
Overall, its a great idea. I say bring in the hot cars like GT-R and 370Z to pull in the crowds.

Wireframe is a silly idea, I saw one of the LF-A in the Chicago auto show.

AFAIK, the Indian spec is not decided yet and so is the feature list. So they wouldnt want to showcase Export versions and build up customer interest. They have mentioned that they will showcase the real car once it is launched. So let's wait for that. The launch is not too far away