Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th May 2010, 23:54   #16
BHPian

Ever since I came to Australia, I've been thinking to own a Mazda 3 (settled fr a VW Bora cause of cost constraints). I drive a 3 year old mazda 3 every now (just fall in love all over again and again) and then try to imagine how would it be if it was launched in India with a diesel option (as well).

I really hope Mazda gets ready for India. I also, promise Mazda that I would be the first customer if they plan to bring in Mazda 3 (not the 2010 model) regardless of the price.

Last edited by mezereo : 11th May 2010 at 23:59.
Old 11th May 2010, 23:58   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muzungu View Post
do we indians really need mazda?
The question isn't whether we need Mazda or not,its whether Mazda needs us?
I really hope Mazda has India on its radar,because with brilliant cars like the 3,6 and RX8,they deserve a good response here.They should go about it the Nissan way.Maybe bring in the CX-9 SUV as a CBU to test waters and then go the whole hog with the 3 and the 6!

Last edited by GTO : 13th May 2010 at 11:21. Reason: Quoted post is being deleted
Old 12th May 2010, 00:22   #18
Senior - BHPian

mazda can get help from Ford too for their India launch, wonder what are they waiting for
Old 12th May 2010, 04:00   #19
Senior - BHPian

Just drove a Mazda 3 two weeks back!! Was simply thrilling and to top it it had manual gears like the Audi!! Was awesome for a change to drive a manual here.
Old 12th May 2010, 11:01   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohanjf View Post
May be OT.. Aren't Mazda cars the only production cars using Wankel engines?
Yup they are the only one who have successfully used the Wenkel rotary engines for so long. The RX8 engine is the 1.3 litre Wenkel rotary engine and it is fast!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AyAn! View Post
The question isn't whether we need Mazda or not,its whether Mazda needs us?
I really hope Mazda has India on its radar,because with brilliant cars like the 3,6 and RX8,they deserve a good response here.They should go about it the Nissan way.Maybe bring in the CX-9 SUV as a CBU to test waters and then go the whole hog with the 3 and the 6!
Yup thats exactly what they should do. The CX-9 will just kill the likes of the Mitsu Outlander, CR-V, etc. Its a beauty! Just love the way it looks.
Attached Thumbnails
Mazda not ready for India yet?-mazda-cx9.jpg  

Old 17th May 2010, 16:49   #21
mxx
BHPian

Quote:

we have honda, toyota, nissan, mitsubishi! top 4 of japanese brands!
ofcourse we do. If you have ever driven the CX9 you will never ask this question. BTW, newer mazdas are pretty good cars.

Quote:
Yup thats exactly what they should do. The CX-9 will just kill the likes of the Mitsu Outlander, CR-V, etc. Its a beauty! Just love the way it looks.
trust me, its a brilliant car. Way better than the ones u mentioned here.

Last edited by mxx : 17th May 2010 at 16:50.
Old 17th May 2010, 16:51   #22
Senior - BHPian

+1 to that. for that matter, not necessirily CX9, Even Mazda-3 or 6 would show the real fun driving.
Old 17th May 2010, 19:44   #23
Senior - BHPian

The fact that most Japanese brands do well in India should have prompted Ford to launch the Mazda brand. They should take a leaf out of Nissans's book and introduce an image building model like the RX-8 in India.
Old 7th December 2010, 09:02   #24
BHPian

Mazda is now planning an agrressive move into the emerging markets like India, Brazil and Russia as sales have slowed down in Japan. About time I guess before they dont get anything of the lucrative and delicious pie!

UPDATE: Mazda Eyes More Aggressive Move Into Emerging Markets - WSJ.com
Old 7th December 2010, 09:47   #25
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (7)

Quote:

we have honda, toyota, nissan, mitsubishi! top 4 of japanese brands!
The top 5 Japanese brands in terms of sales are
Toyota, Honda, Nissan, Suzuki & Mazda.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MX6 View Post
I loved my Mazda MX6. Hence my handle. Pity I had to sell it off before I left US.
I had a Mazda Protege - it was a regular engine (i.e. not Wenkel) but one of the reasons I knew about Mazda was it's history with the Wenkel engine.
Another reason was that at that the Protege had a very high percentage of parts which were built in Japan, whereas Honda, Toyota & Nissan had a very high percentage of localization. It was a trouble free car - I drove it for 50000 miles (80000 kms) - the only regular thing I used to do was an oil change at 4000-5000 miles costing 25-30$. Other than that, just 2 major maintenance services over it's life costing around 500$ each. The only other things I spent money on were
- A mirror breaking when it hit a parking pillar - 200$
- One of the automatic windows going bad after 4 years or so. I think I spent around 250$ on that.
My original choice was a Corolla - but I found the sales guys really uninterested in 2 Toyota showrooms I visited - whereas at Mazda I was treated like a king both before & after I bought the car. This was across multiple Mazda service centres in different states. I also got a 1% APR loan for buying the car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MX6 View Post
One day I hope to buy the Miata (MX5)
The Miata easily one of the best looking convertibles - it has un-macho meterosexual looks, though. When I bought my Protege, the Miata in the showroom was all I could look at - I had to somehow take my eyes away from the Miata to look at the Protege.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarmarishi View Post
It really amuses me that they havent epecially since they already have a tie-up with Swaraj (Not sure if it still exists) and then there is also Ford (being the parent company) which is already there for ages.
Is Ford really a parent company? Mazda sold some stake when they were going through financial problems, but I don't think Ford is a parent company like Skoda-VW, Opel-GM etc.
Old 7th December 2010, 09:55   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Erm you missed out Suzuki! Btw other countries also have all of them and more.

Anyway, why not?? It will be good for competition (brings prices down) and also at the end benefit all of us as we have more choices. We also get some mean looking cars. Arent the Hondas and Toyotas a little too common now?

Take a look at the cars we are missing out on:
Rebadge these as Ford, and let them roll!!!
With their stunning looks, they would sell, obviously if priced well!!
Old 7th December 2010, 10:31   #27
BHPian

Today's Mazda is just Ford in a new bottle right ? can we we call them Japanese ?
Old 7th December 2010, 10:40   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgev View Post
Today's Mazda is just Ford in a new bottle right ? can we we call them Japanese ?
Absolutely not. All Mazdas still follow the same philosophy and it is actually the other way round. ford uses a lot of Mazda platforms to make their own cars.
Old 7th December 2010, 10:43   #29
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (7)

Quote:
Absolutely not. All Mazdas still follow the same philosophy and it is actually the other way round. ford uses a lot of Mazda platforms to make their own cars.
Not just that - Ford just has a 11% stake in Mazda currently. Very soon it will be reduced to 3.5%.
Old 7th December 2010, 10:46   #30
BHPian

Quote:
Yup they are the only one who have successfully used the Wenkel rotary engines for so long. The RX8 engine is the 1.3 litre Wenkel rotary engine and it is fast!

The CX-9 is a segment above the outlander and CRV, its also priced at that level internationally. CX-7 is in the leauge of the SUV's you have mentioned.

I have been using a Mazda for about 5yrs now which I had bought as new and I can certainly vouch for the reliability part. Most of their vehicles expect the current 3 looks fab!

Last edited by dr_know : 7th December 2010 at 10:51.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks