Team-BHP - Headlight Shapes
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Headlight Shapes (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/81269-headlight-shapes.html)

I find the shapes of the headlights on Verna, Punto and VW Jetta strikingly similar.

Do you also feel the same?

Is this shape the trend these days?

The way I see it, considering there are so many cars out there and at the end you don't want headlamps shaped like stars or something so I believe similarities in a lot of shapes might exist, but I don't think it has a trend or anything, but I could be wrong here.

Star shaped headlights!! Lol, I wouldn't half mind something like that. It'll really stand out

I think Punto has it own unique styling..Jetta and Verna may be similar.

Since this topic says headlight Shapes,. I am just curious about a problem I have with a lot of new vehicles and wanted to know if I am the only one or are there more people facing this.

If you see a lot of new vehicles, Ford Fiesta, Honda City(NHC and ANHC), Honda Accord, Hyundai I10 and couple of other cars have the front Indicators or turn signal towards the inside of the headlamp nearer to the Grill. Now in our country where more than half the people dont know the difference between High beam and Low beam has anyone faced with this problem where you are coming from the opposite direction and one of these cars turning right in front of you is on high beam and you cant see the indicator and you come real close just to get a choice full of abuses from the other guy?

I have had this problem many times and I really think that the Manufacturers should really think of replacing it back to the outer edge as this is actually becoming a matter of safety.

Any comments please?

Ah! I find the wheels of all the three cars to be round too!

Do you also feel the same?:D

Quote:

Originally Posted by S350L-E240 (Post 1880672)
The way I see it, considering there are so many cars out there and at the end you don't want headlamps shaped like stars or something so I believe similarities in a lot of shapes might exist, but I don't think it has a trend or anything, but I could be wrong here.

Absolutely right!

C'mon, these sort of trivial similarities occur every now and then in automotive design,but I don't really think they hold any worthwhile significance whatsoever.

And I may as well point out that the shapes/characteristics of the headlamps mentioned are noticeably different from each other. The Punto's lamps will look completely different from another angle because they are much longer and sit flush on the sides of the pointy Maserati-esque nose, a la sports-car.The Jetta/Golf's twin pod lamps compared to the Verna's single pod units have a much smoother shape,whereas the Verna's have a slight kink towards the grille.

Not only the above, lot of manufacturers seem to adapting the tear-drop style head lamps nowadays. Must be the latest International fashion trend.:uncontrol

[quote=av8er;1880802.... cars have the front Indicators or turn signal towards the inside of the headlamp nearer to the Grill. Now in our country where more than half the people dont know the difference between High beam and Low beam has anyone faced with this problem where you are coming from the opposite direction and one of these cars turning right in front of you is on high beam and you cant see the indicator and you come real close just to get a choice full of abuses from the other guy?

I have had this problem many times and I really think that the Manufacturers should really think of replacing it back to the outer edge as this is actually becoming a matter of safety. [/QUOTE]

I could not agree with you more. I have faced this problem too. The morons on the roads with their powerful cars and powerful headlights are least bothered to use their low beams. You can hardly look at the lights, forget the Indicator flashing weakly somewhere. These guys are a menace since they don't care about others and only the manufacturer can do something about it.

P.s: How about an auto dimmer when the indicator is flashing?

No this is not a shape of things to come.

Reason, the new Verna (which is another thread) on the same forum/subsection, does not have headlights similar to what they currently have.

Remember those earlier days when all the cars had the same round headlamps (Amby, Fiat, etc). Then there were few others like Maruti 800 which came with rectangular headlamps.

Same case with bikes too, until CBZ i don't remember seeing a bike with headlamps other than round and rectangle shape.

Quote:

Originally Posted by grules (Post 1881470)
Remember those earlier days when all the cars had the same round headlamps (Amby, Fiat, etc). Then there were few others like Maruti 800 which came with rectangular headlamps.

Same case with bikes too, until CBZ i don't remember seeing a bike with headlamps other than round and rectangle shape.

Actually I think its time to bring in the round headlamps once again. There might be a demand for the refreshing 'retro' feel. The angular design is kinda getting quite a common sight.
P.S : I really liked the Matiz headlamps which was horribly messed up by Mr.GM.

Verna and Punto could be similar because both were designed by Guigiaro

I get confused with the light shapes of the Beat, I20 and Ritz. at a fleeting glance they all look so similar

Quote:

Originally Posted by mallumowgli (Post 1881595)
Verna and Punto could be similar because both were designed by Guigiaro

I'm not sure if Verna is designed by Guigiaro? Is it?

Punto has distinctively different looking headlights. Punto's above pic. is stretched.
Anyways I always felt that Jetta's headlight shape looks similar to those of Indica.

Quote:

Originally Posted by av8er (Post 1880802)
Since this topic says headlight Shapes,. I am just curious about a problem I have with a lot of new vehicles and wanted to know if I am the only one or are there more people facing this.

If you see a lot of new vehicles, Ford Fiesta, Honda City(NHC and ANHC), Honda Accord, Hyundai I10 and couple of other cars have the front Indicators or turn signal towards the inside of the headlamp nearer to the Grill. Now in our country where more than half the people dont know the difference between High beam and Low beam has anyone faced with this problem where you are coming from the opposite direction and one of these cars turning right in front of you is on high beam and you cant see the indicator and you come real close just to get a choice full of abuses from the other guy?

I have had this problem many times and I really think that the Manufacturers should really think of replacing it back to the outer edge as this is actually becoming a matter of safety.

Any comments please?

Aha!! And I thought I am the only one observing this and finding it troublesome. Well I also feel that there should be some law to have indicators on the outer edge. Is this a trend in new Honda designs to have indicators on inner edge?

On topic of similar headlights, I feel the Chevy Cruze has headlights similar to Accord and taillights similar to Civic.

Wow am I glad I was not the only one facing this problem.

Manufacturers like Ford and Honda who spend soo many Crores developing cars should really think of the kind of driving skills they are dealing with in a geographic specific sense and develop everything in accordance to that.