Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 13th May 2010, 17:34   #31
BANNED

Consider a necklace chain with a huge golden pendant and four small white beads. Thats how my Satin gold Manza looks with two white ugly small dzires parked on each side in the basement of my apartment complex to form the chain I just mentioned.

The centre spot was exchanged with mine by one of the dzire guys saying 'aap ki gaadi badi hai, mera centre parking lelo, I will take the side parking which will fit my car' . Who doesn't like to be pampered?.

Seriously, everyday I see the small ugly thing sitting next to my car, feel sorry for those guys who had to wait so long & pay so much to buy this car.

Vijay
Old 13th May 2010, 17:35   #32
Senior - BHPian

Don't agree your most points here. See my response below.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rpmx1000 View Post
Dear aniketi,
" More than 1.5 lakh people trust it " is the reason it sells to common people who don't know the insides or the details . It is not a reason to justify that it is the best.It means those people did'nt bother to get their facts right.I don't need to explain it - Sales doesn't mean that the product is the best. Maruti gives what the consumer wants. I will admit that Maruti has the best marketing and a lot of people opinion riding for it. But that's it.

I guess at that price its near to best thats why its selling like in such huge numbers. MUL gives so many things to customer which others are not able to do it. For example, Ford & Hyundai are more than decade old now. Still people think Maruti over them. Why? I have seen people crying when it comes to resale their Ford Ikon & Hyundai Accent. No such problem with most of the MUL cars.

The argument I'm making is - If 1.5 lakh people buy it, it means they made the wrong choice without knowing the facts or ignoring or choosing to ignore the facts.
Nobody's preventing you from buying this dud. It's you who chose to buy it.What's worse is, you go and buy it because it is the top-seller.If someone feels differently, you cannot succeed in convincing them that you have the better car. The salesmen at MUL showrooms are not anywhere near qualified. I have yet to find an intelligent salesman.

You cant say 1.5 Lacs users made wrong choice when they are happy like me. I never buy car just because others are buying it. I drove others & then decided for Dzire. Ikon & Accent were too low & resale for both is pathetic. Both are outdated as well. Aveo was out of question after hearing miserable story of one of my friends.

There are other cars with the same FE, space and more practicality. There are reasons why I say it is overpriced. The manufacturer is making millions. I wish the effort was there to put in to give those people real value for their money. Let me put it like this. If you get a Fiesta with identical engine, same or better performance and better FE at the same price(or less) as a Dzire, would you still buy it? The Manza looks better (subjective), performs better, has the same space, more or less same FE and is far better equipped. Why aren't people buying it ? perception.
Somewhere I'm sure when you made your buying decision, you would have thought - 1.x lakh people could'nt have been wrong. Well , let me put that on its head. 1.5 lakh people were wrong.Why? because the Manza is more VFM.period.Any arguments against this are pointless.So the Dzire was the wrong choice.

Manza is recent launch BTW. It was not in market for when Dzire was launched. It is also a very good car for sure. Space is very good. But Dzire for sure is more refined & good in build quality. Also FE is good for Petrol. A.S.S. is any day better & resale as well.

The people who know better will buy the better car. I hope Maruti brings out a better car for me to even have an iota of respect.I can live with a lower FE.My car's far better than a Dzire. The rest can continue to be fooled.They did'nt really deserve a better deal.

Last edited by aniketi : 13th May 2010 at 17:36.
Old 13th May 2010, 17:37   #33
Senior - BHPian

I dont understand why we talk about what we like or dont when doing a postmortem of sales success.
We need to talk about what clicked since we think we know more. At the end of it, companies would like to have a sales success. Cars that dont sell but have some cult groups raving it does not make the company happy. Numbers do.
Old 13th May 2010, 17:45   #34
BANNED

Congrats MSIL. You got the ingredients right yet again to cash in on the herd mentality. 1.5L sheep and counting

Last edited by vjoy3 : 13th May 2010 at 17:49.
Old 13th May 2010, 17:50   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aniketi View Post
Don't agree your most points here. See my response below.
I did'nt expect you to. Exactly what I anticipated. None of your arguments cut any ice with me . Sorry. Enjoy your Dzire.
Srishiva - The point is- I find nothing superlative about the Dzire. So that's why I put a point forward. There are no reasons why it should sell so many.
All reasons here are being invented. Invent as many as you want. Facts will be facts.
Now , i have better to do than replying to pointless arguments. So I get off this thread and let the Dzire owner's association celebrate. I will not say anything more. Don't want to spoil your fun.
Old 13th May 2010, 17:55   #36
Senior - BHPian

Just to let you guys know, I bought Dzire for following (Guess other 149,999 also bought for same )

Its a Maruti
Optimum space & looks.
Good engine. Well proven.
Good FE. Better than others.
Best A.s.s. Best in its class.
Good resale value which others don't have.
VFM for sure.
Good refined engine.
Optimum quality for that price.
Old 14th May 2010, 04:16   #37
BHPian

I don't know why people go over board and start bashing Maruti in every thread (I am not a Maruti Owner). The Thread was opened based on that fact that Dzire has achieved total sell of 150K in just 2 years and none other sedan has managed this fast. We have enough comparison of Dzire vs. Manza in other threads.
Old 14th May 2010, 10:27   #38
Senior - BHPian

@ rpmx1000 : You said "The argument I'm making is - If 1.5 lakh people buy it, it means they made the wrong choice without knowing the facts or ignoring or choosing to ignore the facts." You also said that people buy Dzire just because others are buying it. Its a completely baseless statement. In fact your opinion about Dzire is in same way. Because some are saying its ugly & not good car, people are following it. On the other hand 1.5 L people are not fool to put 6-7 Lacs of there hard earned money just because somebody else is buying it. Also you said common man getting fooled here. I dont think in India still common man is able to afford a Dzire, actually not even 800 or Nano. So Dzire owners are quite aware of the market & buying the vehicle as per its merits.

I have also seen some people admiring the cars of some known brands just because they are from known brand & its a MNC foreign company. They just make there opinion without trying all the cars and keeps finding ways to abuse Tata, M&M and Maruti cars. I dont see new generation cars from MUL, Tata & Mahindra are behind others in terms of quality

At the end, I am proud owner of Dzire & enjoying my life with it. All my family is happy with it. So dont matter if people thinks something else. In fact it has proven it in the market also, so no need to prove it again.
Old 14th May 2010, 12:21   #39
Senior - BHPian

Chill Guys

Hi all

We need to chill down & just accept the fact that 1.5 lacs Dezires have sold, whether we like it or not; whether we find it beautiful or not; whether there is any better car than the same or not.

One has made his/her point & the other has put across his/hers. There is no need to lock horns unnecessarily when you feel that after a point you are just putting counter arguments to others' posts. We are not helping each other with the infighting &/or bad words, lest any moderator will close this thread, which would just mean that all our arguments have gone waste (not on record).

Alas, I realized the same yesterday in another thread
Old 14th May 2010, 12:35   #40
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aniketi View Post
Just to let you guys know, I bought Dzire for following (Guess other 149,999 also bought for same )

Its a Maruti
Optimum space & looks.
Good engine. Well proven.
Good FE. Better than others.
Best A.s.s. Best in its class.
Good resale value which others don't have.
VFM for sure.
Good refined engine.
Optimum quality for that price.
I totally agree with you
I am a satisfied customer
Even in city, driving i get around 14kmpl
Engine has no glitches
Tyre upsize has improved braking
Truly VFM

The only problems I feel are the ride and the mode of boot integration
MUL should update the ICE with a USB port and Blue tooth facility.
Old 14th May 2010, 13:53   #41
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CARDEEP View Post
Hi all

We need to chill down & just accept the fact that 1.5 lacs Dezires have sold, whether we like it or not; whether we find it beautiful or not; whether there is any better car than the same or not.

One has made his/her point & the other has put across his/hers. There is no need to lock horns unnecessarily when you feel that after a point you are just putting counter arguments to others' posts. We are not helping each other with the infighting &/or bad words, lest any moderator will close this thread, which would just mean that all our arguments have gone waste (not on record).

Alas, I realized the same yesterday in another thread
I totally agree. I started this thread because 1.5 L sedans in 2 years is surely a great success story. No body else has done it so far. Hats off to MUL for this. Unfortunately thread went in some other direction.
Old 14th May 2010, 14:00   #42
BANNED

One thing about Indian buyers: It has to be practicle and it virtually has to be Maruti! The dezire is both that! the looks are debatable! but it is based on the very successful Swift! and the boot is HUGE! almost a perfect sedan! Kudos the MUL!
Old 14th May 2010, 14:33   #43
BHPian

I don't like the look of Dzire, in fact I don't like Swift too (don't kill me for this!).

1.5 L cars in 2 years means its the best VFM car. Looks doesn't sell in India (my view!).
Old 14th May 2010, 14:35   #44
BHPian

Its like a commercially successful film that appeals to the masses.

In my opinion, its a swift with a welded 7-series look-alike boot. Looks terrible, but sells well because its a "badi gaadi".
Old 14th May 2010, 14:43   #45
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuttingcrew View Post
1.5 L cars in 2 years means its the best VFM car. Looks doesn't sell in India (my view!).
Yes, 1.5 lacs in two years is some serious number. Kudos to the team.

Looks, rattling, cramped interior and features do not matter if it is made by Maruti. Dezire is the best example.

Most Viewed