Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th May 2010, 16:16   #46
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latheesh View Post
Yes, 1.5 lacs in two years is some serious number. Kudos to the team.

Looks, rattling, cramped interior and features do not matter if it is made by Maruti. Dezire is the best example.
What do you mean by features? Zxi/Zdi has one of the best feature lists available in the entry level sedan like Air bags, ABS, Alloys, Ht adjustable steering, steering mounted controls, climate control & others. What else u expect?
Old 14th May 2010, 16:46   #47
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aniketi View Post
What do you mean by features? Zxi/Zdi has one of the best feature lists available in the entry level sedan like Air bags, ABS, Alloys, Ht adjustable steering, steering mounted controls, climate control & others. What else u expect?
Aniketi, why are you defending Dzire in every post of yours.
You are happy with your car and that is what matters the most. Different people have different opinions. Some like Dzire, some don't. And it is for all the cars. Some like honda's and some like fords's and some don't like them too.
IMO all opinions mentioned in this thread are very subjective and every individual has it's own opinion.
Be happy with your car man!! enjoy it!!
Old 14th May 2010, 16:57   #48
BHPian

Just because you bought the car does not mean its the best thing since sliced bread (or the Swift hatch) Its a practical car and VFM hence it sells (and a Maruti like most have said). Many people on here do not like the car (for its butt ugly looks - pun intended)
Thats called an opinion. You already have made your opinion known by buying the thing.

So take Forsdmanchau's advice and enjoy it rather than going on and on about it.
Old 14th May 2010, 17:19   #49
Senior - BHPian

I am not saying other cars are bad. If Manza was available when i purchased Dzire, i would have given second thought on my purchase.

Again i am more talking here about sales numbers and what MUL has achieved with Dzire. I just mentioned the features it has and thats why it is successful. MUL generally offers practical features as well as it makes practical cars.
Old 14th May 2010, 17:20   #50
Senior - BHPian

1.5L in 2 years is very good numbers for Dzire! Boot, diesel, good FE and most important its Maruti! this is winning formula in indian market looks doesnt matter!

Look at similar one, the Manza! even Manza is selling well due to boot,diesel and FE and beautiful Linea is taking even more beating due to sharing same floor with Manza.

So at the end of the day VFM tag sells the car in mass market but not beauty IMHO!

what is the current waiting period for the dzire?

Quote:
oh! there is ACC in Dzire! i dint know that.

Pople say it fish tails during high speed braking due to its boot integration! Any one has experienced this?

Last edited by recshenoy : 14th May 2010 at 17:21.
Old 14th May 2010, 17:27   #51
Senior - BHPian

I feel the discussion here will eventually amount to nothing. These things have been discussed in far more details in other threads, and it is getting repeated here.
I would just like to Congratulate Maruti Suzuki for achieving this feat. And would also like to congratulate all the 1.5 lakhs buyer who helped Maruti achieve the same.
Hope it carries on. Hope other car manufacturers can also emulate the same.
And I sincerely do hope, that everyone has wonderful time with their respective car,whichever it may be.
Enjoy the ride guys!!
Old 14th May 2010, 17:33   #52
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by clevermax View Post

Is there a seat belt height adjuster? (I don't know)
AFAIK, even the Ritz has one.
Old 14th May 2010, 17:44   #53
Senior - BHPian

Maruti mania country this is, and i am a bit apprehensive with threads started every now and then- this car sells and news, and this car did not sell and it is also news and what not.

PS: by mania i am referring to passions and not anything else.

Last edited by ramzsys : 14th May 2010 at 17:46.
Old 14th May 2010, 20:39   #54
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Does the Maruti Dzire come with electrically controlled OVRM? My friend had bought a Dzire ZDi within a couple of days after the launch and he is much happy with his buy. Btw, he always complain about the absence of the electrically controlled OVRM in his car.

I'm finding it very hard to make out why Maruti has not realized the importance of the electrically controlled OVRM in Dzire.Is it a part of cost-cutting.? (The other cars from the Maruti's stable which costs less comes with this feature right.? Say, Wagon-R, Zen Estilo etc.)

Btw, does the new Dzire comes with electrically controlled OVRMs.? I hope that Maruti Dzire owners will clarify the same

Amith aka KlubClass

Last edited by Klub Class : 14th May 2010 at 20:49. Reason: Forgot to write all the things that i had in my mind :P
Old 14th May 2010, 22:37   #55
Senior - BHPian

@aniketi, while I am not really a fan of the Dzire's looks, I guess it ticks quite a few boxes, which would explain why it sells like hot cakes. Enjoy the car.

@KlubClass, I am not sure, but I don't think WagonR or Estilo come with electrically-operated ORVMs. Even our Swift-Zxi doesn't have it, though my Baleno has it.

Last edited by supremeBaleno : 14th May 2010 at 22:39.
Old 14th May 2010, 23:39   #56
BHPian

Was reading through the posts, could not resist from commenting.

I own a DZire, and I am proud of it.

I do not want to argue saying its one of the most beautiful car, but for sure its not the ugliest. As many of us have said looks are subjective.

Every car has its own cons and every car has its own hate club. Tell us one car which is good in all aspects, NONE. What are the numbers of the so called beautiful cars? The point is, why would Maruti want to butcher a golden egg laying hen? They would make changes had it not sold like we had the EsteemDi, ZenD, Sx4 etc.

Numbers indicate the popularity. 1.5 Lakh cars in 24 months makes it an average of 6000+ cars every month.

A.S.S makes a lot of difference. Unlike where people spend lakhs to only have vehicle parked in the service center. There are many instances where the Skoda's, Punto's, are waiting repair in spite of getting parked for months and years. I would want to buy a car that is reliable, cheap to maintain and serves my purpose. I would not buy to please someone looking at the car while you drive. Again there are shortcomings in Dzire, I am not ruling it out.

If only the respective design engineers designed the most beautiful car, why would there be these skirting kits, sports bumpers, after market exterior kits.

Last edited by deepakchiniwal : 14th May 2010 at 23:43.
Old 14th May 2010, 23:56   #57
BHPian

I am helping a friend decide on a petrol powered car in the 7-8 lakh range and to our surprise we found that aside from looks (Subjective) and being low on interior space, the Dzire ticks most boxes for your average buyer. Because my friend doesn't like the looks, he's wondering if he should upgrade his budget and go for the Linea!
Old 15th May 2010, 00:06   #58
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by supremeBaleno View Post
@KlubClass, I am not sure, but I don't think WagonR or Estilo come with electrically-operated ORVMs. Even our Swift-Zxi doesn't have it, though my Baleno has it.
The Zen Estilo Vxi had EORVM, Not sure if the new Estilo has it or not.
And according to my guess, even wagonR Vxi version has the EORVM.
Old 15th May 2010, 09:46   #59
Senior - BHPian

1) I agree that sales number doesnt mean a product is excellent. This is applicable to all the cars IMO. So can we generalize that all car that are selling well are very bad cars ? NO. Its all upon individual preferences.

2) Build quality : Well, what is EuroNCAP rating of Manza ? I read in ACI that Vista was to be modified to get 3 or 4 star in Euroncap. Swift already is 4/5 star.

I am really surprised about these build quality claims. Our Baleno is not having a single rattle even after one trip to MP where there are no roads. Its only for SUV, but still not even one rattle. But its EuroNcAP rating of 2/5. Swift, i10, Beat have 4/5. Yes, fit and finish might be a bit compromised, but chassis is not.

3) Which car is having good build quality, good performance ( lively performance ), excellent FE, excellent reliability, cheap spares, entertaining drive, a boot, low price tag, peace of mind, good ride, etc. ?
Dzire fulfills many things while compromising on a few. Dzire is more entertaing to drive than Manza, is better to drive, has wider and better A.S & S. network and better petrol engine. FE is not compromised and the donor car is 4/5 rated.

4) At the end of the day, the comparison will go on, but lets not forget that we enjoy our cars as per our tastes. The straight comparison will never end so IMO, its nice if we just enjoy the cars we love. And selling so many cars is not a joke in Indian market. Appreciate the fact that Maruti gave a sedan at a low cost without compromising on most of the factors. About Manza, one drive makes me feel that the depth of engineering is not as much ( may be due to swift as a base car for Dzire ), but that is me.

Lets enjoy driving cars rather than driving each other crazy!
Old 15th May 2010, 10:55   #60
BHPian

Note from Team-BHP Support : We do NOT tolerate personal attacks. You need to be respectful toward fellow members.

Please read our board rules carefully before proceeding any further.

Last edited by GTO : 18th May 2010 at 10:46.
mohandas is offline   Received Infraction

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks