Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th May 2010, 11:27   #61
Senior - BHPian

I find the whole debate kind of futile.
The main reason for ANY car in India to sell well is the faith that company has managed to establish. Main reason for the average customer to buy model X from company Y is that its from Y so it must be good. Y can be Maruti or Honda or Fiat or even Tata. Well in case of Tata its more because of perception of it being vfm.
Rest of the reasons like powerful engine etc etc we come up with only to satisfy ourselves.
DZire sold 1.5 lakh just because its from Maruti. That is all. Out of those 1.5 lakh there will be at least a lakh who bought it just for this reason.
Old 15th May 2010, 13:10   #62
Senior - BHPian

I am not surprised with so many voices *against* this car. Success always follows criticism.
To all the owners - don't worry, DZire is a VFM car and even though it might be a little less in space then TATA Manza, you gotta realise that its a Maruti and After sales experience of Maruti and TATA is incomparable.

To all the prospective owners - DZire still makes a lot of sense as a practical, value for money sedan. Good boot space, hoot to drive, fuel efficient and reasonable service/spare part costs - a very tempting formula.

For those people worried too much about *Looks*, there are always cars like Chevrolet SRV, Fiat Punto etc for them. Please go ahead and buy these (And make heads turn on road, if nothing else)

Last edited by DCEite : 15th May 2010 at 13:16.
Old 15th May 2010, 21:09   #63
Senior - BHPian

Swift 4 star rated car have following safety features:
ABS, Front seatbelt pretensioners, Front seatbelt load limiters, Driver and passenger frontal airbags, Side body airbags, Side head airbags.

What are the safety features available in Indian spec Swift other than the ones highlighted above? Just curious?
Old 17th May 2010, 11:34   #64
Senior - BHPian

Thanks Guys for supporting me. I am not defending Dzire here but just explaining why it is so popular. My thread is about that only. 1.5 Lacs in 2 years is just an amazing number considering its a sedan car. Few People saying it has few less features. Again its upto you. Dont expect all features available in entry level sedan. Features provided by Zxi & Zdi model, i guess few others dont have all those features as well. So why to compare? Fact is Dzire is most successful sedan ever manufactured by any company in India till now and people are loving it. I guess it will remain same for next 1-2 years.

Please dont fight over Dzire Vs other cars. I never said it is the best. Its most practical car available for sure in the market at that price. That's the secret of its sales numbers
Old 17th May 2010, 11:43   #65
Senior - BHPian

While I agree that the Dzire's rear-job could have been done better, what is funny is people suggesting the Manza as a better-looking option. The Manza's rear actually makes the Logan's rear look better.
Old 17th May 2010, 12:09   #66
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by supremeBaleno View Post
While I agree that the Dzire's rear-job could have been done better, what is funny is people suggesting the Manza as a better-looking option. The Manza's rear actually makes the Logan's rear look better.
hahaha ...

In this segment i guess Linea is the best looking. All others are at par. Everyone has some plus minus points.
Old 18th May 2010, 10:54   #67
GTO
Team-BHP Support

At the end of the day, each manufacturer wants its car to be a best-seller, rather than have only enthusiasts praise it. Remember, the car market isn't about concept cars...its about meeting the needs of the customer in the real world with real cars. And that's exactly where the Dzire does it best. Its a Maruti (well-earned trust & recognition), has superb engines (both, the petrol & diesel are now outstanding), is fuel-efficient, has acceptable ride and handling and is relatively fun to drive.

Does it have flaws? Sure it does, WHICH car doesn't? The build quality isn't great and the interior space is below average by segment standards. But, at the end of the day, it is this car that meets the market's needs the best. Maruti has toiled over 27 years to command the respect & buyer trust that it does today.

I can tell you one thing : If my Dad were in the market for a C Segment sedan, he'd buy the Dzire with his eyes shut. Its the safest purchase out there. Me? I'd pick the Manza instead.
Old 18th May 2010, 15:07   #68
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Does it have flaws? Sure it does, WHICH car doesn't? The build quality isn't great and the interior space is below average by segment standards. But, at the end of the day, it is this car that meets the market's needs the best. Maruti has toiled over 27 years to command the respect & buyer trust that it does today.

I can tell you one thing : If my Dad were in the market for a C Segment sedan, he'd buy the Dzire with his eyes shut. Its the safest purchase out there. Me? I'd pick the Manza instead.
Thanks GTO, i agree with you. Dzire is best practical choice available in market. When i purchased the car, Manza was not there else i would have given the second thought for sure. Inside space is really great in Manza. Better than 1 class above like NHC, Linea, Optra etc. Interiors are also good looking.
Old 18th May 2010, 15:11   #69
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by xingamazon View Post
The Zen Estilo Vxi had EORVM, Not sure if the new Estilo has it or not.
And according to my guess, even wagonR Vxi version has the EORVM.
Dunno about the Zen Estilo, but i own a Wagon-R Vxi and it does have a EORVM.
Old 18th May 2010, 15:15   #70
Senior - BHPian

sorry, but cant understand why in every thread we need to bash maruti for its products, its been 27 years for their products and services across nation and they do understand the market very well which is why they are able to sell their cars in good numbers.
Dzire yes many didnt liked its looks, rear end but after all it is VFM car given in this price bracket with good engines, fun to drive with decent space.
Old 18th May 2010, 15:52   #71
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by supremeBaleno View Post
Depend's on Personal View's.
I find Manza's rear pretty decent,gives that Cadillac look
Old 18th May 2010, 16:14   #72
Senior - BHPian

DZire may be the highest selling C segment car but its nothing 'more' than a Swift with badly done boot job, yes bad compared to Manza also. It's good to defend what you bought but bad not to respect a better product.

Manza is much more than a 'hatch with boot'. Its good to be obsessed with your car's brand but not so much that you loose on experiencing 'what a car' is!!

I don't understand what exactly people mean when they say DZire is VFM and practical car!! Also whey someone will buy DZire over Swift? Just the boot? That's all I can think off.

IMO Manza is a better product then DZire. The only thing which may stop people from buying it is TATA A.S.S. period.

Last edited by HammerHead : 18th May 2010 at 16:20.
Old 18th May 2010, 16:19   #73
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay4587 View Post
Depend's on Personal View's.
Pretty decent, but does not match the rest of the car IMO. Boot (only!) is all straight lines, but the car has curves all around!

I wonder how Maruti will position the DZire if the new Swift goes a segment higher as predicted in the spy pics thread! They cannot move it up a segment, as SX4 is already struggling.
Old 18th May 2010, 16:22   #74
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
OT, Wider tires and lower boot with lesser GC would have given it killer looks. (from the back)
Old 18th May 2010, 16:27   #75
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Pretty decent, but does not match the rest of the car IMO. Boot (only!) is all straight lines, but the car has curves all around!
What?? It does match with the over all curves or lines.

Quote:
I wonder how Maruti will position the DZire if the new Swift goes a segment higher as predicted in the spy pics thread! They cannot move it up a segment, as SX4 is already struggling.
Yeah that's a good point.
The only thing I can think of is new Swift+boot replace SX4 and launch Ritz DZire!!! Just kidding

Last edited by HammerHead : 18th May 2010 at 16:28.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks