Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 18th May 2010, 16:34   #76
Distinguished - BHPian

Guys, the Dzire has achieved a BIG sales milestone and the owners want to have their moment of glory.

You don't like the car? Have your discussion's in some other thread. Why do you want to spoil the party in this thread?
Old 18th May 2010, 16:34   #77
BHPian

Volume of sales does not give you the full picture. Many of us (including me) would choose a maruti product over others simply because of the A.S.S. I mean i've seen brand new vista owners going around with broken ORVM's saying that spare mirrors are not available at the dealership.

With maruti you can be sure that even if u don't find spares from the dealer you will surely find it outside (that also at cheaper rates).
Old 18th May 2010, 17:36   #78
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
I wonder how Maruti will position the DZire if the new Swift goes a segment higher as predicted in the spy pics thread! They cannot move it up a segment, as SX4 is already struggling.
I dont think Maruti will alter Dzire as it is still going really well. They dont need to change it at all for next 1-2 years. They can change small things like interior color to beige or some additional features. New swift will replace current swift only i guess.
Old 19th May 2010, 07:57   #79
BHPian

[quote=GTO;1891437]At the end of the day, each manufacturer wants its car to be a best-seller, rather than have only enthusiasts praise it. Remember, the car market isn't about concept cars...its about meeting the needs of the customer in the real world with real cars. And that's exactly where the Dzire does it best. Its a Maruti (well-earned trust & recognition), has superb engines (both, the petrol & diesel are now outstanding), is fuel-efficient, has acceptable ride and handling and is relatively fun to drive. ]

Could not agree more. And neither looks nor exterior design is the only factor in car buying process otherwise the sales number of smart looking Punto and Linea would have been different.
Old 19th May 2010, 11:28   #80
BHPian

To me the manza is miles ahead of Dzire in space, comfort and Looks (but on refinements Dzire still is ahead). I like the road presence of manza. It looks big and intimidating. Only if TATA could match MASS. But I guess that is small compromise for a excellent and cheap car. If I was in market today I would pick manza over anything (forget Dzire) specially for the price it quotes. No body beats manza's VFM quotient at present ( no... not even FIGO).

Last edited by Ajay_J : 19th May 2010 at 11:29.
Old 19th May 2010, 11:39   #81
BHPian

@Ajay_J, Buying is one time and servicing is many times.
On the outset you may save about 10-15K while buying a new vehicle. I guess you end up spending the same during service. Plus that lost peace of mind for screwed up service. I owned a Tata car (2.5yrs - 15000kms), earlier and I presently own a Dzire (10 months - 12900 kms). That's my sincere opinion.

Last edited by deepakchiniwal : 19th May 2010 at 11:40.
Old 19th May 2010, 14:18   #82
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepakchiniwal View Post
On the outset you may save about 10-15K while buying a new vehicle. I guess you end up spending the same during service. Plus that lost peace of mind for screwed up service. I owned a Tata car (2.5yrs - 15000kms), earlier and I presently own a Dzire (10 months - 12900 kms). That's my sincere opinion.
Absolutely ... I am close to a year now & more than 6 K done, not a single penny send on anything. I am very happy with the performance. Only problem i get is sometimes reverse gear gets stuck & you have to try little bit to put car in that gear. That's it, no other issue till now. Also as far as mileage is concerned i am very happy. On highway i am getting close to 18 with AC & 20 without AC. City also it is good, never calculated as it is no point in calculating in Pune BTB traffic.
Old 19th May 2010, 14:23   #83
BHPian

Quote:
I fully concur Deepak. I too drive a swift and I know MASS is tons better than the rest. I still maintain that manza does not beat Dzire in drivability and refinements. But car per car manza is more practical. Only if manza was a MUL offering .... sigh !
Old 19th May 2010, 14:26   #84
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
No offense, I'm just trying to add a point here.
Sure buying is one time and servicing is many time, similarly servicing is sometimes and driving/feeling/enjoying the car is all the time!!

One will enjoy comfort, space, looks, driving pleasure everyday and servicing/A.S.S once in blue moon. That not only apply for Manza or Swift but for all other cars. That's my opinion
Old 19th May 2010, 14:31   #85
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aniketi View Post
Only problem i get is sometimes reverse gear gets stuck & you have to try little bit to put car in that gear.
Seems like a common problem in many Marutis. My Zen had that issue. The solution was to engage first or second gear and then shift into reverse immediately. (worked in my case) It also eliminated the grinding noise which you hear sometimes when you shift into reverse after keeping it in neutral for some time. (No synchro for reverse gear...)

Last edited by clevermax : 19th May 2010 at 14:33.
Old 19th May 2010, 14:37   #86
BHPian

@Hammerhead, cannot deny that fact of enjoying the drive. When you compare the refinement Dzire is much ahead of Manza. The gear box is lot smoother, the pick up on diesel is awesome (though Manza uses the same engine), turning radius is lot better on Dzire, the AC works well, the noise level is very less or negligible.

The Dzire might not have all the fancy features, but are just adequate for the car in that range.

Plus, agreed Manza has more space compared even to the Honda City. But trust me, the Dzire you may feel little cramped when 6 ft guy is driving and 6ft guy sitting behind the drivers seat. For a person of 5'.5" - 5'.9" it is just fine. I am 6 ft for reference.

On an average of 80-90% we drive either solo or +1. Seldom do we drive with 5 adults. Atleast this is my case.

Net net, not taking away anything from Manza. Might still be better car, but other factors mentioned carries a lot of weight.
Old 19th May 2010, 14:45   #87
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
On an average of 80-90% we drive either solo or +1. Seldom do we drive with 5 adults. Atleast this is my case.

Net net, not taking away anything from Manza. Might still be better car, but other factors mentioned carries a lot of weight.
You definitely have a point there and the same point makes me always think why someone will buy DZire over Swift?

Last edited by HammerHead : 19th May 2010 at 14:56.
Old 19th May 2010, 14:47   #88
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by HammerHead View Post
What?? It does match with the over all curves or lines.

Yeah that's a good point.
The only thing I can think of is new Swift+boot replace SX4 and launch Ritz DZire!!! Just kidding
A sedan of the ritz may actually turn out to be an improvement!\

I guess the the Maruti bashing happens because even though the enthusiast does not approve of some of the Maruti products they tend to well.

I personally find the swif not to my liking too much. So I cant complain about the dezire's looks either
Old 19th May 2010, 14:49   #89
BHPian

I'm still lurking around
Quote:
@Hammerhead, cannot deny that fact of enjoying the drive. When you compare the refinement Dzire is much ahead of Manza. The gear box is lot smoother, the pick up on diesel is awesome (though Manza uses the same engine),
Manza has a higher spec (90 bhp) engine. The DDis is a 75 bhp fixed-geometry turbo engine while the Manza and Linea get a 90 bhp VGT version
of the 1248 cc Multijet diesel.The acceleration can be felt in the Manza as well. But the Manza does not suffer so much from turbo lag as all versions of the FGT Multijet do. Tuning and overall driveability is much more linear.
Quote:
turning radius is lot better on Dzire, the AC works well, the noise level is very less or negligible.
The turning radius is mostly a function of wheelbase. Manza is a much bigger (and more spacious) car.
Old 19th May 2010, 14:56   #90
BHPian

@rpmx100, copying this from GTO's review

India’s “national engine”, the 1.3 Fiat MJD, finds its way into the Manza’s engine bay as well. The diesel is rated at 89 BHP (4,000 rpm) and 200 NM of torque (1,750 – 3,000 rpm). Yup, it’s running the Linea spec engine (with slight changes) and variable geometry turbo here. Translated = No swift-like punchy turbo kicking in. Rather, the turbo action is subtle in nature. Even though the spec sheet says that the torque comes in at 1,750 rpm, you don’t really feel much acceleration until crossing 2,000 rpm (turbo seems to really start spooling only after 1,800). And despite a variable geometry turbo, turbolag is noticeable and definitely takes some getting used to.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post1556652

Most Viewed