Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th May 2010, 11:26   #1
Senior - BHPian

Swift Dzire :1.5 Lakh cars in 2 years

While coming to office today in my very own sweet Dzire i was listening to the Radio as usual. Just heard that its 2nd Anniversary of the Dzire today and there are 1.5 lacs happy owners of the same. I am really very very happy to hear that. So i am part of 1.5 lacs proud owners of the car.

I guess that is creditable for Maruti Suzuki. I don't think any other sedan has achieved this landmark before this, not even Indigo. Selling 1.5 lacs sedans in just 2 years is great. And still there is long waiting going on for the car. It has proved to be a real winner for MSIL
Old 12th May 2010, 11:32   #2
Senior - BHPian

Aniketi : Congratulations on being one of those 1.5 lakhs proud Dzire owner.Heard the same yesterday on Radio while driving my IKON.
Old 12th May 2010, 12:07   #3
BHPian

So that's 1.5 lakh owners who bought into Maruti's horrible conversion of the Swift.
I kid! (or maybe not!)
Old 12th May 2010, 12:11   #4
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by khan75 View Post
So that's 1.5 lakh owners who bought into Maruti's horrible conversion of the Swift.
I kid! (or maybe not!)
Horrible? Why you think so? I will say its one of the most practical cars available in the market. It's an optimum car in all departments like engine, mileage, space, quality, etc and best A.S.S. Also it is priced very decently. If it is not a good car then it should have not sold in such a huge numbers IMO. When others are crying for sales numbers, MSIL is laughing with more & more Dzires of the people
Old 12th May 2010, 12:28   #5
Senior - BHPian

Yes it could be quite possible, considering 10k Dezires sold every month.
Old 12th May 2010, 12:29   #6
Senior - BHPian

Thats hell lot of money for suzuki to take home....
Old 12th May 2010, 12:33   #7
BHPian

When i listened to this ad in the radio (FM channels in chennai), they were repeatedly stressing on
- honk your horn thrice
- rev your engine thrice
if you are waiting in a traffic signal when listening to this in your dzire.

What's the use? Won't it promote unnecessary noise pollution?
Old 12th May 2010, 12:34   #8
Senior - BHPian

Congrats aniketi that your own a car with good sales record.

Dzire is selling well just because its a MARUTI and has a FIAT engine!
Old 12th May 2010, 12:42   #9
BHPian

Hi,

The title is not giving a clear picture - when I read the title I felt it was like 1.5lacs kms done by someone in 2 yrs. Hence I entered this thread.

Anyways yes it is very commendable for Maruti to sell 1.5lacs dzires in such a short span of life.

Kailash
Old 12th May 2010, 12:48   #10
Senior - BHPian

A good thing really for the owners and it gives them a nice feel.

But the Dzire is still the ugliest sedan IMO and I found it quite flimsy built compared to the Swift which doesn't have a great build quality either.
Old 12th May 2010, 14:12   #11
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aniketi View Post
While coming to office today in my very own sweet Dzire i was listening to the Radio as usual. Just heard that its 2nd Anniversary of the Dzire today and there are 1.5 lacs happy owners of the same. I am really very very happy to hear that. So i am part of 1.5 lacs proud owners of the car.

I guess that is creditable for Maruti Suzuki. I don't think any other sedan has achieved this landmark before this, not even Indigo. Selling 1.5 lacs sedans in just 2 years is great. And still there is long waiting going on for the car. It has proved to be a real winner for MSIL

Congrats from a fellow owner.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anachronix View Post
A good thing really for the owners and it gives them a nice feel.

But the Dzire is still the ugliest sedan IMO and I found it quite flimsy built compared to the Swift which doesn't have a great build quality either.
Ugliest? Is there a superlative for another superlative? I think it will retain the ugly tag for a long time to come

That apart, its a car practical nevertheless.
Old 12th May 2010, 15:54   #12
Senior - BHPian

Don't know why people say it as a ugly :( I know its not the prettiest one but for sure it is not the ugliest also. Compared to Dzire, Ikon & Accent looks quite dated now. Nothing new. That way Dzire looks quite fresh. When it is selling like hot cakes (1.5 lacs is not a joke for sure) surely people are liking it. It can't happen that car is the ugliest & still selling in record numbers, creating new records.

Is there any sedan available in market to break this? Even Manza is far way behind (it is also a very good car IMO). Maruti is a sure winner here.
Old 12th May 2010, 16:03   #13
BHPian

Some say it ugly some say it is complete turnoff
The fact is that beauty lies in the eyes oh beholder and among 3 lakh eyes it is a absolute beauty.
Congrats aniketi. I am also part of the same club.
Let the people keep on complaining and keep on cribbing but the fact is being stamped by figures. Dzire is one of the most practical car on Indian roads and with 5.5 lac we are getting a sedan with only option as Ikon and Accent in that segment who have already live their life.

Yes waiting period is an issue and even I had to wait for 3 months for the same but then when it arrived all the pains were forgotten with the ride and revving

Cheers for all proud owners of Swift Dzire.
Old 12th May 2010, 16:22   #14
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aniketi View Post
Don't know why people say it as a ugly :( I know its not the prettiest one but for sure it is not the ugliest also. Compared to Dzire, Ikon & Accent looks quite dated now. Nothing new. That way Dzire looks quite fresh. When it is selling like hot cakes (1.5 lacs is not a joke for sure) surely people are liking it. It can't happen that car is the ugliest & still selling in record numbers, creating new records.
I agree the Ikon & Accent look old compared to the Dzire. The design cues are from the 90s and its obvious that they look old. Looks are of a personal taste, but most would agree that the Ikon & Accent are better looking cars than the Dzire even this day.

Dzire is a practical VFM car and it sells. Simple! Its a good achievement for MSIL. I don't think people buy it for its looks.

Quote:
Is there any sedan available in market to break this? Even Manza is far way behind (it is also a very good car IMO). Maruti is a sure winner here.
I fail to understand this! How come the Manza is far away from the Dzire? By sales numbers?

The Manza is better than the Dzire in
1. Space
2. Looks
3. Features
4. Price
5. Build Quality (except for the few QC glitches)
Old 12th May 2010, 16:49   #15
BHPian

Yes the car is very practical and sensibly priced. But at the end of the day, like many fellow T-Bhpians, I feel the car just looks ugly because of the bulbous boot even though it looks 100 times better than the Indigo!
Nevertheless, the car has done very well in setting sales charts on fire and that has to be applauded.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks