Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th May 2010, 11:03   #16
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by khoj View Post

6. Fairly strong body structure and chassis, based on the crashed Aveos that I have seen in the workshops since 2006.

All the right attributes for the Taxi fleet owners and for the customers too. As they say a 'Win Win' for all concerned! Time will tell.

7. Is available in white

Nirmal
Old 27th May 2010, 10:11   #17
BHPian

Is it possible for someone to post pic of Aveo CNG boot with factory fitted CNG kit fitted? Interested in knowing the residual space in the boot.
Thanks.
Old 27th May 2010, 10:48   #18
BHPian

Maruti will soon be providing factory fitted sequential kits with 3 models ZEN Estilo, SX4 and i forgot the third one SORRY
Now what will happen to the sales of AVEO !
Old 27th May 2010, 13:24   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Navneet View Post
Is it possible for someone to post pic of Aveo CNG boot with factory fitted CNG kit fitted? Interested in knowing the residual space in the boot.
Thanks.
Aveo CNG boot space and under the bonnet.
Attached Thumbnails
GM India launches Chevrolet Aveo CNG EDIT: Mumbai launch details added to Post No. 1-aveo-cng.jpg  

GM India launches Chevrolet Aveo CNG EDIT: Mumbai launch details added to Post No. 1-aveo-cng-front.jpg  

Old 27th May 2010, 21:53   #20
Senior - BHPian

that is indeed very spacious. Surprising to see Team-bhpians giving positive reviews for AVEO cng including me. We all had just about average opinions for this car in its petrol version.
Old 28th May 2010, 17:44   #21
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by khoj View Post
You know, I sincerely hope that this CNG version catches the fancy of the TAXI trade. This car has

1. The most comfortable rear seat this side of 8 lakhs, whether it is at 35kmph over city pot holes and patchy repair work or at 90 kmph out on the highway. Add to that excellent leg room in the rear very important on long drives.
Not so. The Logan & the Manza beat it hollow on rear seat comfort + ride quality. While the Manza isn't (yet) available to the taxi folk, the Logan is. In fact, the car is extremely popular due to its high CNG efficiency. Meru cab drivers insist that the Logan CNG is 40% more fuel efficient than the Indigo CNG.

Quote:
Originally Posted by devarshi84 View Post
We all had just about average opinions for this car in its petrol version.
Because, relative to its petrol competitors, the Aveo was an average sedan. It lacked in a USP. Well, the factory-fit CNG kit is just that!

Last edited by GTO : 28th May 2010 at 17:45.
Old 28th May 2010, 18:30   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
A perfect example of 'too little too late'
+1 - Exactly what I thought when I read the thread's title...
Quote:
Originally Posted by mail4ajo View Post
I believe a Diesel would have been the best option to save this car from crashing.
...and thats the second thing I thought of.

Why is GM not releasing good Diesel cars here, except for the Optra / Cruze? Suzuki got access to Fiat's 1.3 MJD through GM, yet you don't find GM using the same engine in Aveo / U-VA that could have boosted its numbers. They also have their own DMax engines - though these are pretty huge, they can do what Tata did for the Indica and release a smaller Diesel based on it.

It's beyond me why GM is doing what it is doing. I hope they get the Beat Diesel in time, before the car is almost fading away from our minds!

Old 28th May 2010, 19:12   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
A perfect example of 'too little too late'
IMO, its better late than never.

Aveo is still a handsome looking car inside and out that does rides great and handles average. Far better looking than a Verna and much better buy compared to your Accents, Lancers, Ikons, Logans etc.

The CNG kit will make it more attractive. New Aveo may take a another year to come.
Old 29th May 2010, 07:13   #24
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Not so. The Logan & the Manza beat it hollow on rear seat comfort + ride quality. While the Manza isn't (yet) available to the taxi folk, the Logan is. In fact, the car is extremely popular due to its high CNG efficiency. Meru cab drivers insist that the Logan CNG is 40% more fuel efficient than the Indigo CNG. !
The 1.6LT had better hood and bonnet insulation if I am not mistaken. Also I found Logan rear seat to be more upright than the Aveo. No experience of the Manza though. I would say Aveo has a better seat but loses out on FE. Plus the interior quality on the Logan is no match to the aveo's but at 4.5 ex-showroom I am not complaining.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpower View Post
Aveo is still a handsome looking car inside and out that does rides great and handles average. Far better looking than a Verna and much better buy compared to your Accents, Lancers, Ikons, Logans etc.
I suppose that's where Aveo gets lost. It is priced cheaper to C+ segment sedans but more expensive than entry level sedans landing it into no man's territory. Fiesta unlike Aveo was able to carve out a niche for itself though.

It might just click if they peg the Optra against maruti Sx4 and Linea and push Aveo a bit below the current priceline to compete with the likes of Logans, Ikons, accents and Indigo's on price.

Last edited by devarshi84 : 29th May 2010 at 07:15.
Old 16th July 2010, 13:38   #25
Senior - BHPian

The Aveo CNG has been launched in Mumbai at an Ex Showroom Price of Rs. 6,31,257/-. More details and pictures have been added to Post 1
Old 16th July 2010, 13:44   #26
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Met up with Karl Slym, the President and MD of GM India. Some points he mentioned to me at the launch:
  • GM is targeting the taxi and feel market with the Aveo CNG. Infact there is a meeting with fleet owners and the taxi operators later this evening. Expect to see Aveos as your Meru cab ride sometime soon
Good to see that. But can it fight with Ikon TDCI? Lets see.

I am still waiting for a Diesel heart and have no clue why it doesn't happen :(
Old 16th July 2010, 20:09   #27
BHPian

I think CNG and LPG engines will be good for India to reduce dependence on OPEC. To my knowledge our domestic production (mainly reliance) is of gas. Correct me if I am wrong.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks