Team-BHP - Yawn-Civic getting a bit more features from June 1
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Yawn-Civic getting a bit more features from June 1 (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/81794-yawn-civic-getting-bit-more-features-june-1-a-4.html)

I find Civic to be the best looking sedan available in India till date. It's always been my dream car (well, ever since I saw it and took a ride in it). I don't know about the features but I don't think they need to do anything about its looks.

What a joke! This is hardly news. And BTW, didn't Honda only just release a facelift Civic in end-2009? Either ways...

Quote:

Originally Posted by M00M (Post 1898214)
they should offer steering mounted audio controls, hid, electric seats, parking sensors, and put back the 6 cd changed all this with a price cut or no price increase then i feel it would be warrant a tag of bit more features..

Absolutely! If you are going to launch a supposedly "improved" car, make the hell sure that it meets / beats the competition. My '07 Civic V Model doesn't even have split folding rear seats. For heaven's sake, my '96 Esteem VX had them. No MID either. I hope the competition wakes Honda up sooner rather than later. Its about time.

Cool! So what next Honda? Changing the OE tyres and selling Civics? I am feeling that Honda is really taking the Indian market for granted. They should know that the only car ringing their registers would be the City, everything else is way too overpriced.

Civic still doesn't have steering mounted audio controls right??.. Personally would've liked to see them add that atleast..

yes i was getting a bit sceptic with what Honda have been providing in its Civic.
the only way for them now is to remodel it.

Probably its time for them to bring in Acura. Atleast Honda will have different platforms to work on.

Quote:

Originally Posted by thorpe (Post 1898223)
A kinda cosmetic change on both models is the ground clearance will be increased by 1inch or ~25mm.

Huh, wouldn't that make the GC 195mm?? on par with SX4?

Quote:

Originally Posted by RakishRam (Post 1894914)
I heard it quite loud :)

Honda, put back the six CD changes, add electric seats and steering mounted audio controls at the least. That will wake-up a few of us.

And an electic sunroof? A panoramic sunroof would be world's first on Civic but then Indian summers are getting hotter by the year.

BH.

Quote:

Originally Posted by RakishRam (Post 1900277)
Huh, wouldn't that make the GC 195mm?? on par with SX4?

no idea bro, that's what my sales advisor told me.

honda is literally a yawn. as the heading sounds. even the accord needs to be beefed up with lot more goodies its a brilliant car but heavily underspecced. i think i would like to add that fifth tyre in d civic should also get a alloy wheel since corolla comes with it. but all this discussion but i doubt honda ever listens its always the money game for them all their products are down and city will soon be once the etios sedan comes in.

Just saw an ad in 'The Hindu'.

Honda Civic- Massive Savings- Save upto Rs 97,300*/-. Thats a massive one lakh rupees discount at the dealer level!

the current accord is too old man like in terms of design, and still pretty malnourished, heck it even does not have a decent trip computer, and how come the Euros offer a lot, lot more features at a comparably less price?

The Japs have been beaten black and blue by both the Europeans and Koreans in their own game. Civic redesign is delayed by a year and meanwhile worldwide Hyundai has redesigned the elantra twice. Many players are offering GDI and TSI engines and Honda does not hav one ready yet. Their attitude towards diesel mills have already costed them dear.
The accord has been just 2 years old and it looks pretty -outdated- and handles like a boat, with an overpriced tag. No wonder that the superb is eating it in sales figures, skoda's service issues notwithstanding. Look at the new Sonata, why should I buy the accord? Time to look beyond the badge.Honda needs to get the civic redesign fast.

I have to admit one thing-Hyundai's new fluidic sculpture design works perfectly for me, it may be overdone, but at least it looks different and stands out. The more I see the 2011 elantra, the more I drool over it.

seriously, its as sexy as hell and screams presence like anything.

Quote:

Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR (Post 1901657)
Just saw an ad in 'The Hindu'.

Honda Civic- Massive Savings- Save upto Rs 97,300*/-. Thats a massive one lakh rupees discount at the dealer level!

It's a different ad here. EMI of 18000 for a loan of 10L or 25K off. The fine print indicates it's the SBI kind of EMI scheme - low interest rate for the first year.

Stock clearance surely.

I'm under the opinion that this lethargy is due to Honda's wariness of the Indian Market. I'm not sure how much has Honda invested in India till now, but it looks like its not much.

Honda is not investing in local vendors and is mostly importing parts from Thailand, which in turn makes their cars expensive.
They're trying to milk the cow without feeding it.

BTW, someone in the know, can tell us what is the actual investment made by various foreign manufacturers in India?, That should make an interesting comparison and may open some eyes.

just read in the autocar issue of june 2010 where they say that new civic update in june but will also increase price by 15000. disaster continues in the ranks. i dont think honda is serious about being a serious player they want to remain niche and thats about it. sad. city sells mainly due to aspiration value and also that there is no other reliable petrol car in the same price bracket. wake up honda - civic, accord, crv, city all prices should be dropped by a lakh and features should be increased.

The only way to teach Honda a lesson is drastic reduction in sales. Civic monthly numbers should be below 100 from May onward and decline further.