Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 28th May 2010, 07:27   #61
BANNED

Woah! Avante looks sexy as hell!
The front looks like a little civic inspired
side looks like the current gen city
and rear looks Beemer 3Series(ish)

s hyundai having any plans to launch it in India?
Old 28th May 2010, 10:14   #62
Senior - BHPian

Guys when is the new civic being launched in India?
Old 28th May 2010, 12:38   #63
Senior - BHPian

I am not aware about the India bound Civic sedan, but, the Europe bound Civic hatch is spied by Capparazzi photographers. Here is the link:

Euro-only next-gen Civic hatch spied ? Car Reviews, News & Advice - CarPoint Australia

Though Honda is working on the upgrade but they are definitely late this time on Civic upgrade.

I predict it would be an evolutionary upgrade (like Corolla to Altis) rather than revolutionary (outright) upgrade.
Old 28th May 2010, 12:52   #64
Senior - BHPian

The best feature they can introduce into the Civic is the 2.2 diesel at no additional price hike. Else, people are slowly but surely becoming bored of this overpriced car.
Old 29th May 2010, 12:29   #65
Senior - BHPian

May sales figures of Civic and City would be interesting watch.

If both models continue to be where it was in April, then it is death knell for Honda.

City needs to reverse the trend for Honda to resurge.
Old 30th May 2010, 03:12   #66
BHPian

guys i am interested in purchasing a new car to give company to my corolla altis so i went to test drive the accord and the civic and found out how honda has been slowly penny pinching on essential stuff like only one remote key and one extra key comes while corolla came with two remotes and 3 keys if u want extra honda guy said sir rs 14000 for remote key. fifth spare tyre comes without an alloy cost to buy one rs 20000. corolla comes with all five alloy wheels. he said that rear suspension has been improved but on test driving with 4 adults it bottomed out as usual.

accord i really liked though low on features it has lot of space but even it also has only 4 alloy wheels and 1 remote key. i cant understand on a 20 lakh plus luxury car which already has less features in comparison to the competition they(honda) do this. interestingly the import crv comes with all 5 alloy wheels and 2 remote keys so basically honda japan means business but honda india is not only giving less equipment but it is infact taking away essential stuff that most users are not likely to even realise missing.

i dont know when will honda learn that penny pinching on essentials is not the way to go ahead. my cousin reacted that his 8 lakh manza has fog lamps and steering mounted audio controls while civic s does not have them. im waiting to see now what new features are inserted into the civic post june dealer mentioned new car coming on 15th june.

toyota is so much better more equipment reasonable price except camry and prado but they dont penny pinch in ways that will embarrass even the home company. i only wish that the etios sedan was launched quicker so that i could compare notes before buying new car.
Old 7th June 2010, 17:43   #67
BHPian

Honda disappointed again. Seems like only cruise control added with extra 13K Honda relaunches Civic priced at Rs 12.20-13.81 lakhs-Automobiles-Auto-News By Industry-News-The Economic Times
Old 8th June 2010, 01:09   #68
Senior - BHPian

The site (Honda Car India :: Civic) indicates cruise control & ORVM turn indicators added to the S.

They haven't updated the parking sensor feature of the V.

S price hiked by 13K
V price hiked by 10K

So now in the V, one gets a) fogs lamps, b) leather interiors and c) bits of chrome as extra features - for a difference of 87K !!!!
Old 8th June 2010, 02:46   #69
BHPian

Yeah I noticed that too. Just 3 things for 87k. Maybe it is like armani leather, branded fog lamps and chrome!
Old 8th June 2010, 03:02   #70
BHPian

and they have also removed the 6-cd changer. Now only a 1-cd player with USB in both S and V.
Old 8th June 2010, 10:36   #71
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shuvc View Post
So now in the V, one gets a) fogs lamps, b) leather interiors and c) bits of chrome as extra features - for a difference of 87K !!!!
Ooops sorry, that should read:
So now in the V, one gets a) fogs lamps, b) leather interiors, c) bits of chrome and d) parking sensors as extra features - for a difference of 87K !!!!

But I guess Honda can justify this by the 'MRP' of these add-ons. The fogs go for 17-20K, the parking sensor for 15-20K, leather for 30K surely and the loose change for the chrome

Quote:
Originally Posted by captainsokhi View Post
and they have also removed the 6-cd changer. Now only a 1-cd player with USB in both S and V.
The 6 CD was done away with last year, when the 'facelift' arrived.
Old 8th June 2010, 11:30   #72
Senior - BHPian

From ACI website.

Source : Honda Civic gets added features | Autocar India

Article :

Quote:
Honda Siel Cars India has launched an upgraded versions of its popular Civic sedan’s S and V variants. The new version of the SMT variant is now equipped with cruise control which can be operated through switches mounted on the steering wheel. Also new for the SMT variant are the turn indicators on the outside rear view mirrors.

The VMT and VAT variants now come up with back up (reverse) sensors. Other standard features common on all Civic models include ABS braking, EBD with Brake Assist, Dual SRS airbags and seatbelts with pre-tensioners. All Civic models come equipped with a 1.8L petrol engine with i-VTEC technology.

Speaking on the occasion, Tatsuya Natsume, director marketing, Honda Siel Cars India Ltd. said, “Honda Civic has received high appreciation since its introduction in India because of its unparalleled driving pleasure, contemporary styling, and advanced features. We are now delighted to introduce value added features that will make it even more desirable.”

The first Civic was launched in India as early as 2006, Honda recently gave a minor facelift to the current Civic model. A new model is expected to hit the market as early as 2011.

The Honda Civic SMT now retails at Rs12.2lakh while the VMT and VAT variants are priced at Rs 13.07lakh and Rs13.81lakh respectively (all-prices ex-showroom Delhi).
Wow, new Civic coming in 2011 ? I remember reading earlier that Honda is having tough time with new Civic. Honda said that they wanted to keep the footprint same and increase space simultaneously. Tough job. But a new Civic in 2011 is good news.

Last edited by aaggoswami : 8th June 2010 at 11:34.
Old 8th June 2010, 15:10   #73
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by evo View Post
If they are serious about increasing sales, they should introduce the E with all the features of the City V and price it about a lakh above that.

At the current prices (14 Lakhs!) Civic is all hogwash.With or without the Reverse Sensors et al

I dont understand though, Civic was supposed to be a 9 Lakh car and the Accord used to be a 15 Lakh car, how does everything change so fast?

In the small car segment cars are getting cheaper (More goodies same price/more goodies less price) and this segment things are going in the opposite direction.
Rightly put evo. They have changed the segments of all their cars. CRV has also followed in the same footsteps. Bringing in a brand new version and charging higher can still be understood. But you simply cant increase the prices by changing the tail lamps. Come on.
Old 8th June 2010, 19:29   #74
Senior - BHPian

Why can't they just cut the price and get down to selling cars again instead of adding a couple of pillows and spraying perfume inside the car, that no one cares about?

BTW, the last time they came out with an E it didn't sell.

Last edited by GTO : 9th June 2010 at 18:09. Reason: No abusive language please, not even indirectly
Old 8th June 2010, 21:57   #75
Senior - BHPian

I think they are just to proud to resort to price cuts.Either that or they are making loads of profit of even the small volumes that they sell.

Most Viewed