Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th May 2010, 17:41   #16
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technocrat View Post
You mean the Sonata, right?
elantra

Yawn-Civic getting a bit more features from June 1-hyundaielantra_2007_1024x768_wallpaper_08.jpg

and

2010-11
Yawn-Civic getting a bit more features from June 1-hyundaiavante_2011_1024x768_wallpaper_02.jpg
Old 19th May 2010, 17:43   #17
mxx
BHPian

could have guessed there is nothing interesting even without the "yawn".

BTW, read somewhere that the new generation civic is due in 2012. Thats too long considering the competition. toyota already has new altis, and the cruze.
Dont understand why they dont even incorporate the facelifts in the international civic here in India.
If you dont have anything innovative, learn from the leaders. Look at maruti. A model is 2 decades old? no problem. give it a facelift.
Old 19th May 2010, 17:58   #18
Senior - BHPian

Sid but the elantra is no more in India so we cant really compare.
Old 19th May 2010, 18:11   #19
BHPian

Honda management refuses to see beyond its nose. The addition of so called features is a joke, as they should have provided in the 1st place. Even with 'so many extra features' it will not match the competition. so waste of exercise.

And nobody seems to have applied its mind in providing 'cruise control'. This simply does not work in India and is not needed at all. I have it on my Altis and cant use it more than 3-4 minutes on our highways.

Honda has to stop thinking that it is a Rolls among small cars. It is just a better than average brand so cant command more than 5-10% premium over a comparable car. As Civic is now outdated so ideally it should sell at a 10% lower price than the comparable model.
Old 19th May 2010, 18:20   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil View Post
This doesn't even deserve to have a thread. It's a waste of domain space

The least Honda could do is give HID's like the Altis on the V model.
Add to it the steering mounted audio controls which is the gripe of every Civic driver.

On the parking sensors, while the Honda OE cost 20K, the aftermarket one (offered by my dealer) cost a mere 4K and is a lot more appealing with more features.

I would have been a little happy if Honda had decided to give the OEM spoiler as standard equipment on the V.
Old 19th May 2010, 20:51   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pancham View Post
yup i think i missed out the YAWN part.
I heard it quite loud

Honda, put back the six CD changes, add electric seats and steering mounted audio controls at the least. That will wake-up a few of us.
Old 19th May 2010, 21:12   #22
Senior - BHPian

Honda calls that an UPGRADE ??

OMG !! They did not change the shape of the tail lights ?? That has been the USP of the upgraded Civic when they last made a "change" not to forget the smoked headlamps.

I think they may seriously be considering putting triangular lamps on the tail this time around. From round > hexagonal > triangular !!!

C'mon it is a nice car, but if you "have to" upgrade. Do something substantial like making the H resemble the h

Am I allowed another emoticon ??

Cheers
Old 19th May 2010, 21:35   #23
BANNED

Thank God they added cruise control n ORVMs to the base model but they should have added some more things like 8-way lubmar support to driver seat and HID lamps. This could have sweetened the deal more but still, the present deal looks okayish. Now we can shift my focus from V to S and a difference of ~90k bucks. Fog lamps and leather seats is now the basic difference between the two models. Also, the dealer is offering free insurance. This amounts to Rs. 12,20,000 on road for the S Variant. Guys is there any way we can convey our thoughts and requirements to Honda India??
Old 19th May 2010, 22:21   #24
Senior - BHPian

Yes, Civic was all the rage up to 2008. Thereafter it seems to have lost its sheen as far as sales are concerned. But I still find it the best looking Honda in India. I hope they do something more sensible to put it back where it was.
Old 19th May 2010, 22:38   #25
Distinguished - BHPian

No more Sports edition ?! The Indian market is sure to be saddened
Old 19th May 2010, 22:51   #26
evo
BHPian

If they are serious about increasing sales, they should introduce the E with all the features of the City V and price it about a lakh above that.

At the current prices (14 Lakhs!) Civic is all hogwash.With or without the Reverse Sensors et al

I dont understand though, Civic was supposed to be a 9 Lakh car and the Accord used to be a 15 Lakh car, how does everything change so fast?

In the small car segment cars are getting cheaper (More goodies same price/more goodies less price) and this segment things are going in the opposite direction.
Old 19th May 2010, 23:18   #27
BHPian

Nobody's talking about the price increase

If I've understood Honda's management well, they'd introduce a random feature and increase the price by a good bit. That's what they did with the previous facelift (?)
Old 19th May 2010, 23:36   #28
evo
BHPian

@sriramv.iyer

I really doubt that Honda will increase the price this time around since the (new) Civic (sales) are mostly dead.
Old 20th May 2010, 08:23   #29
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technocrat View Post
Sid but the elantra is no more in India so we cant really compare.
Yes Technocrat! However internationally too, new generation Civic has been delayed by a year (5 instead usual 4 years between generations). I guess Honda took its success for granted, and rested a bit.

Addition of such features wont be enough to sell Civic through another calender year, till the next model arrives! Corolla Altis and even Cruze is far ahead in terms of sales.
Quote:
Originally Posted by evo View Post
I dont understand though, Civic was supposed to be a 9 Lakh car and the Accord used to be a 15 Lakh car, how does everything change so fast?

In the small car segment cars are getting cheaper (More goodies same price/more goodies less price) and this segment things are going in the opposite direction.
Honda has done it with all its models. City, Civic, Accord and CR-V, all have seen this price increase. Not to mention the Jazz which was introduced with a heavy price tag. This has heavily affected the sales of all the models except the City, which is still a great package (Although not exactly absolute VFM) in that segment.

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 20th May 2010 at 08:29.
Old 20th May 2010, 10:42   #30
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sriramv.iyer View Post
Nobody's talking about the price increase
Yep. I bet there'll be an increase. Heck they increased the City prices by 5K after adding whatever sensor they had to add for BS IV certification. I would think Civic prices would go up by another 10-15 K surely.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks