Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th May 2010, 11:08   #31
Senior - BHPian

Honda will not do anything in near future to satisfy it's customer (prospective). All their cars are very good for the given segment, but always overpriced form Rs 75K to Rs 700K (Jazz to CRV). Then they could have either correct the price or give additional features (meaningful) for the current price(except CRV). We all know how much that ORVM indicator and Leather seat cover costs in aftermarket. Ok, add a pair of Fog lamps too. How can Honda charge Rs 90K?

If you have Rs 1490K to spend go and buy a Chevy Cruze Auto (OTR, Delhi). You may not complain much

Cheers!
Old 20th May 2010, 11:10   #32
BANNED

Wait till their Alwar plant comes on line. Honda will be scrambling like everybody else.
Old 20th May 2010, 11:11   #33
Senior - BHPian

Hi Guys,

My two bits - purely a personal point of view (no disrespect meant to anyone or their viewpoint) as I TD the Altis and the Civic before settling for the Civic in Feb 2010.
Between the Civic and the Altis - the Altis is surely a buy with the head than with the heart! I am not talking about the Skoda TSI as the less said about Skoda as a company the better.

Whereas the Civic is purely all heart. It does not have all the add-ons the Altis has niether the boot space but who cares!!!
The poeple who buy the Civic (sure maybe sales are low) will continue to buy the Civic whether Honda gives rear parking sensors etc or not.

Between the two cars (Civic and Altis) for someone who really takes pleasure in driving - please start up, put them in first gear and floor the loud pedal - the sheer exhilaration in the Civic will blow you away.
No matter what mood you are in - the CIVIC will put a huge smile on your face - everytime - period!!!

Cheers everyone - enjoy your drive and drive safe!
Old 20th May 2010, 11:24   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
Wait till their Alwar plant comes on line. Honda will be scrambling like everybody else.
but isnt the Alwar plant supposed to be of "Honda Scooters and Motorcycle" and not of Honda Cars?
Old 20th May 2010, 11:29   #35
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil View Post
This doesn't even deserve to have a thread. It's a waste of domain space

The least Honda could do is give HID's like the Altis on the V model.
Agreed Sahil. Why is there a thread for this ?

The civic was very modern looking when it was launched a few years back and it still has the looks BUT I think people just want more and I see too many civic's on the roads these days.

Yep, HID's, Cruise Control, A Black Interior option would be interesting.
Old 20th May 2010, 12:26   #36
BHPian

The all new model is delayed by a year. So this is just a stop-gap measure.
Old 20th May 2010, 12:27   #37
BHPian

To match competition feature wise there is just too much that will be needed in the Civic that it will be more expensive. That is the reason that it is doing such cheap upgrade so that the stupid salesman could say - Look Civic has parking sensors and the Altis does not. (By the way it is essential in Civic although I dont have it as I dont like the pimples on the bumper.)
Old 20th May 2010, 19:44   #38
BHPian

bring in the europe version of civic anyday or replace this one with that and it will sell like good old civic!
Old 20th May 2010, 20:51   #39
Senior - BHPian

This upgrade might just make it the car of the year in terms of features + sales, in fact i'm wondering if people would buy any other car now that this is out.

I wonder if those features might make all C segment buyers upgrade? I believe in all honesty after Jazz this is the best new launch from Honda ever.
Old 20th May 2010, 21:54   #40
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by quattroa4 View Post
bring in the europe version of civic anyday or replace this one with that and it will sell like good old civic!
What European version ? The current Civic Sedan design in India is the latest (choreographically) design - across the world. I dont see any later design across Europe/US/UK. I hope you are not confusing the hatch model of the Civic sold in europe / UK. They wont sell in India (a.l.a the Jazz saga). Honda is yet to release the next gen sedan design for civic AFAIK.
Old 21st May 2010, 01:20   #41
Senior - BHPian

The only difference between indian and north american civic is cometic changes to design.Other than that its the same platform.
Old 21st May 2010, 16:16   #42
BHPian

Just went with one friend to buy civic, sales person said they are not taking any bookings for Civic as production has stopped. He indicated that complete revamp is due for civic and it can be out in 10-15 days. Is this true guys? Or it is just cosmatic changes again at this time.
Old 21st May 2010, 16:42   #43
Distinguished - BHPian

13L + for Civic is exorbitant cost. Like GTO and many others, i too would be wise to look for a clean car for half its original price and just sacrifice on the new car feel and smell
Old 21st May 2010, 16:59   #44
BHPian

they should offer steering mounted audio controls, hid, electric seats, parking sensors, and put back the 6 cd changed all this with a price cut or no price increase then i feel it would be warrant a tag of bit more features..
Old 21st May 2010, 17:07   #45
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam003 View Post
Just went with one friend to buy civic, sales person said they are not taking any bookings for Civic as production has stopped. He indicated that complete revamp is due for civic and it can be out in 10-15 days. Is this true guys? Or it is just cosmatic changes again at this time.
As per Prestige Honda CHD, SMT is coming with Cruise Control + Turn Indicators on ORVM and VMT with Reverse Sensors. A kinda cosmetic change on both models is the ground clearance will be increased by 1inch or ~25mm.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks