Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 25th July 2010, 22:27   #196
BHPian

cuboid, I had a to choose between i10 and ritz as both were 4.75 OTR. I picked i10 sportz! there are many reasons why I did so. i10 has been the largest selling hatch from Hyundai, i am sure it would remain to the be largest selling hatch for atleast a year.
Old 25th July 2010, 22:32   #197
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MutantX View Post
cuboid, I had a to choose between i10 and ritz as both were 4.75 OTR. I picked i10 sportz! there are many reasons why I did so. i10 has been the largest selling hatch from Hyundai, i am sure it would remain to the be largest selling hatch for atleast a year.
I questioned harishnair's comment based on the same logic. I know quite a few folks who has chosen i10 over ritz, those two being in the exact same price point. The proof is - i10 outsells ritz almost 3:1 and IMO it would continue doing so for coming months as well.
Old 26th July 2010, 00:14   #198
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MutantX View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuboid View Post
I questioned harishnair's comment based on the same logic. I know quite a few folks who has chosen i10 over ritz, those two being in the exact same price point. The proof is - i10 outsells ritz almost 3:1 and IMO it would continue doing so for coming months as well.
I never mentioned about i10 being a bad product. My comment was just that if there was an "equivalent" Suzuki product directly competing against the i10 when it was launched then it wouldn't have been such a huge hit (the Swift is not a direct competitor as i10 is a tall boy design). The i10 actually helped Hyundai capture the Indian public attention more than its previous best seller Santro.

Atleast in my POV, the sole reason why I would go for an i10 is if I need an AT transmission.
Old 26th July 2010, 08:06   #199
BHPian

Old 26th July 2010, 08:32   #200
BHPian

This looks good. bigger wheel base (13 incher), enhanced front grill, cool headlamps. Overall the car looks bigger by 15 - 20%. With Kb -1000cc tweaked, Alto is surely a winner. Any dates likely when this is going to be launched?
Old 26th July 2010, 08:35   #201
Senior - BHPian

Whenever they launch, I hope they have ABS on this car from day 1
Old 26th July 2010, 10:49   #202
Senior - BHPian

I'm pretty sure this will rake up a waiting list in no time unless they have increased capacity to cater to its demand. The front has got a "I mean business look". If only they had left the rear untouched.

The 0-100 timing of 13.3 make not look all that great till you realize that the Swift takes 13.5 seconds for the same. I hope MS has upgraded the brakes - calipers, pistons et all because this baby is going to blow the living daylights out of the competition.

As 1100 D mentioned, I hope they have ABS on the Vxi variant at least as a option. You are defintely going to need them if you are in for some spirited driving.
Old 26th July 2010, 10:57   #203
Senior - BHPian

@thainogkok, thanks for that picture.

The car looks awesome - atleast in the snap. Good job on the front.

Not just ABS, we need airbags also as option (atleast).

P.S.: The only thing I hate is the possibility of waiting-list.
Old 26th July 2010, 12:35   #204
BHPian

Test Report from Vicky

Hi Everybody,

Check this link, this guy has test drive review for Alto K10 engine

Maruti Alto K10 – Test Drive and Review | Vicky.in | Indian Automobile Blog | Car Reviews | Bike Reviews | Test Drive Reports | Pictures | Videos
Old 26th July 2010, 12:53   #205
BHPian

Test drive and Review

blog Vicky.in | Indian Auto Portal | Automobile Website | Specification | Prices | Reviews | Test Drive | Pictures | Wallpapers | New Launches has a test drive and review of the Alto K10. They have not published pictures but looks like the one posted above will be the one..

Link to the review

Maruti Alto K10 – Test Drive and Review | Vicky.in | Indian Automobile Blog | Car Reviews | Bike Reviews | Test Drive Reports | Pictures | Videos

Avenger
Old 26th July 2010, 13:01   #206
Senior - BHPian

Any news on interior changes? a source tells me that its the same except the steering wheel is now from the new wagon R.
Old 26th July 2010, 13:56   #207
Senior - BHPian

^^^ Reviewer at Vicky.in did not mention any interior changes!! Not even the steering wheel! Looks like either they forgot to write about it or there are no visible changes inside.
Old 26th July 2010, 14:19   #208
Senior - BHPian

Guys take a look at this ! Spy shots courtesy motoroids
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti plans to relaunch Alto with 1000cc K-series engine-altokseries.jpg  

Maruti plans to relaunch Alto with 1000cc K-series engine-altokseries1.jpg  

Old 26th July 2010, 14:40   #209
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by longhorn View Post
Wow, looks cool in white. Its rear is not that bad as being criticized above I am sure its gonna be a sold-out stuff even before launch with 1-2 months waiting period from first day. Thats how Maruti creates demand and push their sales up.

I can remember all maruti cars have been bashed for bad designs on team-bhp dzire, swift, ritz and all of them have been a super hit in sales. No mention how hard you may say it looks bad or what, it would sell too hot for sure.
Old 26th July 2010, 14:42   #210
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by longhorn View Post
I could see a retro silver alto in front of that wagon-r for straight out comparison to new one. To me personally the new one looks more refreshed and promising.

I am loving the front design and changes to bumper and headlights and bit long bonnet. I think it could be turned out to be a better proportioned sedan as well, much better looking than Dzire, who knows some one at Maruti gives it a shot to make an Alto Sedan, it would look really cool!!

Last edited by sameer551 : 26th July 2010 at 14:54. Reason: spell check
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks