Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 13th July 2010, 20:59   #91
Senior - BHPian

What I am really bothered about is how this would affect the sales figures of other cars from Maruti's stable.
Especially the A Star, until now the only people who bought it was, for the power to weight ratio and the fun it offered. If Alto is going to come with the K-Series then god save the A Star.
Similarly Estilo will also be played a spoilsport, I am sure WagonR will survive the Alto 1L tide.

Maruti to up their sales figures is kind of eating up its own product lines.
Old 16th July 2010, 13:00   #92
Senior - BHPian

Don't know how far its true. Zigwheels reports that the new Alto with the K series engine is being launched on 20th of July. Let's wait and see.
Old 16th July 2010, 13:04   #93
BHPian

well, if it is going to be launched by July 20th then it would be gala time for everyone who plans to get an Alto. Has anyone spotted test mules of the new Alto.

-> New Engine (more hp & torque)
-> New bigger and better exteriors
-> Spacious cabin

Let us wait and see.
Old 16th July 2010, 13:38   #94
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MutantX View Post
-> New Engine (more hp & torque)
-> New bigger and better exteriors
-> Spacious cabin
First two yes, even I am expecting the new Alto to come with interiors which would be far better in terms of quality than the current one.

But for the third, I dont think much can be done with the cabin space, as it is the coming same physical characteristics./
Old 16th July 2010, 16:56   #95
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by xingamazon View Post
But for the third, I dont think much can be done with the cabin space, as it is the coming same physical characteristics./
It is not easy to rectify heredity defects.
Old 16th July 2010, 17:30   #96
BHPian

IMO Maruti did not know what to do with the 1ltr engine when the A-star sales started falling.

Seriously, I think this is a great move. Will boost sales and pust well beyond the reach of any other car to be no.1
Old 16th July 2010, 17:56   #97
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by xingamazon
First two yes, even I am expecting the new Alto to come with interiors which would be far better in terms of quality than the current one. But for the third, I dont think much can be done with the cabin space, as it is the coming same physical characteristics./
Agree that not much can be done with space. And I even doubt they will do much on interiors. But then my concern is solely about the 1litre motor that will power the car and if it turns out to be a FTD car with decent a/c, they have a customer.

I hope they launch this month as someone mentioned.
Old 16th July 2010, 19:06   #98
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by supremeBaleno View Post
Agree that not much can be done with space. And I even doubt they will do much on interiors. But then my concern is solely about the 1litre motor that will power the car and if it turns out to be a FTD car with decent a/c, they have a customer.

I hope they launch this month as someone mentioned.
As long as they don't detune the engine for the Alto, this one will beat all others in the segment lock,stock and barrel. Just check out the power to weight ratio with 68 ps and 705 kg kerb weight and you'll know where I'm coming from !
Old 16th July 2010, 19:37   #99
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by longhorn
Just check out the power to weight ratio with 68 ps and 705 kg kerb weight and you'll know where I'm coming from !
Yeah. thats the sweetest part. You know what, on paper it beats my Baleno in power-to-weight ratio. Ofcourse this is not to say that it will beat a Baleno because there are other things to this than just p-t-w ratio.
Old 16th July 2010, 19:52   #100
BHPian

As longhorn mentioned the new Alto is going to have a higher power to weight ratio than the old 1.1L Vxi (correct me if wrong).

Also it is highly possible that Suzuki will be plonking the K-series engine only in the Vxi variant which will be fully loaded with likely exception of ABS and Airbags. I don't expect any significant change in interior design though.
Old 16th July 2010, 20:05   #101
SCH
BHPian

Do the members think that they would also change the gearbox and put the one which is being used in the New Wagon R. I guess if they do so along with the KB10 engine and Maruti After Sales Service it will sell more then Estilo.
Old 16th July 2010, 22:08   #102
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by longhorn View Post
As long as they don't detune the engine for the Alto, this one will beat all others in the segment lock,stock and barrel. Just check out the power to weight ratio with 68 ps and 705 kg kerb weight and you'll know where I'm coming from !
I pray they don't de-tune the engine. I would love to exchange my one year old Alto for it, depreciation hit be damned!

Quote:
Originally Posted by harishnair View Post
Also it is highly possible that Suzuki will be plonking the K-series engine only in the Vxi variant which will be fully loaded with likely exception of ABS and Airbags. I don't expect any significant change in interior design though.
That is what I feel too.
Old 16th July 2010, 22:29   #103
BHPian

July 20th isnt far away. We would need to wait just for another 4 days to see the all new Alto. For all you know MS might even tweak the name of the car .
Old 17th July 2010, 10:39   #104
BANNED

Excellent news. I still fondly remember my son's VX with the 1162cc engine.
Old 17th July 2010, 10:58   #105
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
Excellent news. I still fondly remember my son's VX with the 1162cc engine.
That was 1061cc engine same as old Wagon-R engine.

But, definitely a cracker in such a small & light-weight car. My neighbourhood uncle-ji had one & his son would do stunts & street races in the car, whenever he could lay hands on the car.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks