Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 29th July 2010, 22:08   #286
BHPian

Alto K10B

More pics from Motoroids/Wheelosphere.com
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti plans to relaunch Alto with 1000cc K-series engine-marutisuzukialtokseriesengine1.jpg  

Maruti plans to relaunch Alto with 1000cc K-series engine-marutisuzukialtokseriesengine2.jpg  

Old 29th July 2010, 22:15   #287
BANNED

They have tried to make the rear look like the Zen.(Inside MULthey know people look upto the Zen)
There is no rear wiper .
No Rear headrests.
Looks the front headrests are part of seat only.
Tyres look to be 12inch.
Inside rear view mirror should be antiglare but seems to lack so.

Last edited by Trust_In_Thrust : 29th July 2010 at 22:19.
Old 29th July 2010, 23:42   #288
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sutripta View Post
^^^
You must give us conspiracy theorists a fair chance!

Actually, it would be educative if someone could post (in a separate thread) the timeline (variants/ prices) of the Alto. And in relation to its competitors.

Regards
Sutripta

OOPS. This was in reply to Techs post, not X'amazons.
I will share some more details, this is my personal observation based on 4.5 years of a 2005 Alto LXi & 7 year of 2003 Alto VXi ownership experience.

Other than that at one point there 6 Altos in my family(cousins, uncles etc) so I have seen almost all of the different avtaars of the Indian Alto

In India Alto was launched in following phases (This is based on my memory, please feel free to correct)

Phase 1

Alto LX (With A/c)
Alto VX (With A/c)

Phase 2 - No changes just introduction of PS variants

Alto LX (With A/c)
Alto LXi(With A/c)
Alto VX(With A/c & PS)
Alto VXi(With A/c & PS)

Phase 3 - VX/VXi variant stopped, A few cost cutting measures were done (some internal panels which could store stuff were replaced with pannels without cubby holes)

Alto LX(With A/c)
Alto LXi(With A/c & PS)

After a while another base variant called Alto was also introduced, this had neither A/c nor PS

Phase 4 - Euro 3 Alto with Facelift (2005)

Alto (No A/c & No PS)
Alto LX(With A/c)
Alto LXi(With A/c & PS)

In between there were a few limited edition models too. Overall with each phase change some or the other minor changes were done.

For all the Alto Variants across globe see this thread
Link

Last edited by Technocrat : 29th July 2010 at 23:44.
Old 30th July 2010, 08:38   #289
BHPian

Guys, with all different points being discussed here no body has mentioned Alto's milage. I Don't want to discuss ARAI figures but my alto gives me 20+(without AC) on any road with stock settings(only change is Engine oil, I don't trust servo, I go with Castrol Magnatech, change every 5000km), so I really hope this new one will be a real winner post the run-in kms are done.
Old 30th July 2010, 08:52   #290
BHPian

guys, anyone who could visually compare the old Alto with the facefilted one? Kinda, a side by side picture would be wonderful. I am not able to do any image editing since I am at office. Sorry!
Old 30th July 2010, 10:07   #291
Distinguished - BHPian

With whatever that is visible from the pics, wonder at what price point would this be placed. I hope its not more than 10K for the LXI version and max another 20K for the VXI.

Rear wiper with rear defogger should have been included at least in the VXi version. Aug 4th is anyways not too far, lets wait for the official launch
Old 30th July 2010, 10:19   #292
BHPian

Called Pratham Motors, they have started booking. 1000cc k series engine, speculated BHP 67, on road speculated price Bangalore 342000. Confirmed Dates - Launch date 2nd August, they are going to display it from that day, delivery starts from 3rd week of August.
Old 30th July 2010, 10:37   #293
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trust_In_Thrust View Post
Another point i would specifically like to mention with so many altos who would buy another one in the normal customer base for the engine alone when spending bit much you get a much more spacious car like Estilo , Santro etc.
Just take a TD when this car is launched and you'll get the answer. You will be like the guy in the Vista Drivetech 4 ad.

Quote:
Another point 3 cylinder is never as much fun as a 4 cylinder motors can be.
Just my take .
For your information the current Estilo/AStar/WagonR comes with a 3 cylinder engine. Only the Santro comes with a 4 cylinder engine.

Quote:
With 3.5 lakh .I would better buy a old Zen plonk in a Esteem motor and i will be good to rip the soul of most cars on road.But that's just me .

My dream relaunch the Zen with 1.6Ltr Motor or 1.3 Ltr for about 5 Lk and i will buy my delight.

Regards
Maybe you have the time and resources for that. For me I'd rather get a brand new Alto K10 without any hassles for that money. Anyways it will rip the living daylights out of any car in the A & B segment barring the Swift, and I'm talking about the K10 in stock condition.

Last edited by longhorn : 30th July 2010 at 10:38.
Old 30th July 2010, 10:43   #294
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by longhorn View Post
Just take a TD when this car is launched and you'll get the answer. You will be like the guy in the Vista Drivetech 4 ad.

Anyways it will rip the living daylights out of any car in the A & B segment barring the Swift, and I'm talking about the K10 in stock condition.
+1 to that, I own an Alto since Jul 2007, with 45K kms done, and I am really looking for the new one, if I get what I am looking for, Come September I will have a New Alto. What I am looking for -

Power - should be 60BHP+
Power windows
Little more space than the current Lxi
Tyre size, if it comes with 13", I hope I can upgrade to 14" frm the day 1
and the last one, I don't like the A-star like seats, so if I can get a deal to fit old Alto style seats, or New Waganor seats..
Old 30th July 2010, 10:51   #295
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by asdon View Post
Guys, with all different points being discussed here no body has mentioned Alto's milage. I Don't want to discuss ARAI figures but my alto gives me 20+(without AC) on any road with stock settings(only change is Engine oil, I don't trust servo, I go with Castrol Magnatech, change every 5000km), so I really hope this new one will be a real winner post the run-in kms are done.
FE will be at least as good as the current Alto, with the probability of bettering it being on the higher side. With 5k on the odo you should be consistently seeing 20+ figures on the highway.

Quote:
+1 to that, I own an Alto since Jul 2007, with 45K kms done, and I am really looking for the new one, if I get what I am looking for, Come September I will have a New Alto. What I am looking for -

Power - should be 60BHP+
Check - 66 Bhp in stock
Power windows
Check - Available for front windows in Vxi trim
Little more space than the current Lxi
Check - Rear legroom is improved with an intelligent seating arrangement.
Tyre size, if it comes with 13", I hope I can upgrade to 14" frm the day 1
Check - 13'' wheel with tubeless tyres standard.
and the last one, I don't like the A-star like seats, so if I can get a deal to fit old Alto style seats, or New Waganor seats..
Unfortunately you'll be getting i10 style seats up front with integrated head rests.

Last edited by longhorn : 30th July 2010 at 10:59.
Old 30th July 2010, 12:23   #296
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by xingamazon
I guess the front grill is borrowed from the Baleno, it reminds me of that.
Yep, reminded me too of the Baleno's grill.

Quote:
Originally Posted by asdon
Called Pratham Motors, they have started booking. 1000cc k series engine, speculated BHP 67, on road speculated price Bangalore 342000. Confirmed Dates - Launch date 2nd August, they are going to display it from that day, delivery starts from 3rd week of August
Is this for the LXi or VXi ?
Old 30th July 2010, 12:35   #297
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by supremeBaleno View Post
Yep, reminded me too of the Baleno's grill.

Is this for the LXi or VXi ?

Must be the Lxi.

Vxi would be atleast 35K more (my guess) taking the OTR in Chennai to around 3.70 L-3.75 L

Not bad, and i am quite seriously thinking of getting it. Going to check with ABT tomorrow
Old 30th July 2010, 13:19   #298
Senior - BHPian

@Mi10, you are giving bad ideas to MSIL. :-)

The Estilo-Vxi is just 22K over the Lxi trim and for that it has a whole lot of features packed in - almost everything except ICE. And given that Alto VXi has just PW, parcel tray and some basic stuff, why 35K more ? I would think 10-12K would be adequate.
Old 30th July 2010, 13:20   #299
BHPian

Quote:
Called Pratham Motors, they have started booking. 1000cc k series engine, speculated BHP 67, on road speculated price Bangalore 342000. Confirmed Dates - Launch date 2nd August, they are going to display it from that day, delivery starts from 3rd week of August.
The current F8 Alto Lxi OTR is 3.45 Lakhs (with out any discounts). I think the new K10 Lxi may be atlest 15-20 K higher than F8 Lxi.
Old 30th July 2010, 13:29   #300
BHPian

Well if F8 and K10B are going to sell together, then we can expect a price difference of 12-15K.

The point is, if both has similar FE with the latter having a new aluminium engine, better & slightly bigger interiors and exteriors, wider tyres (better profile) there is no reason why F8 will sell only in 3 digits!

Very very tricky situtation for MSIL. My take is that, they might offer the F8 is in the LX varients (with/without PS) and start offering K10B only from LXi/VX/VXi versions.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks