Team-BHP - Baleno Idle Rpm
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Baleno Idle Rpm (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/8201-baleno-idle-rpm.html)

Hi. I recently noticed in my new Baleno, when the car is in neutral the rpm is around 1100. Is this normal ?

That's actually quite a problem.

At the moment my Baleno idles at 900-950 RPM i.e less than 1000 RPM. Even with AC it's almost 1000 not more.

I have only got my first service done till now(Car's done 3.7K).

But i am sure the car was idling at 1000+ RPM when it was new i.e before the first service. (at <1000 Km)

Looks like the Service guys of MUL decreased the Idling at Neutral , dunno why though.

Let's see what Idling speed the majority has.

my idling rpm is around 700-800 with a/c on.

Hey guys I just noticed that the RPM is high when the engine is cold (like when you start the car in the morning), but it goes down to 700-800 when the engine temp. rises to normal.

my baleno always idles at between 800 and 1000 rpm.most of the time its about 900 to be precise.

Rev

If it's idling at 1100 even after the engine has reached it's optimum temp, then you might wanna get it checked.

It's normal for an mpfi engine to over revv when the engine is cold.

Drive the car for a few kms and then check this.

Shan2nu

WIth my baleno - it's between 400-500 usually to around 900 at times.

btw - have any baleno owners noticed clutch slippage - i just got mine fixed so wantto find out if it's a common thing . Also one of the driveshafts also had to be changedunder warranty :(

zaphod

usually when you start the car it should be 2000 but when its got hot it should be 800..you get it checked..

I asked the service incharge of an auth dealer of maruti (saboo) in hyderabad when i took my car (zen ) for servicing, since i too find the engine racing the moment i start , but this is not constant sometimes its high sometimes its low ... (dont have a tacho .. so cant tell in rpm).

It seems that the rpm will depend on the temperature of the engine. If the engine is cold the idle rpm will be high, but if the engine is hot, idle rpm should reduce ...

Good that you guys can measure, what about those million MPFI cars that cannot measure rpm ? So just chill and dont worry about +- 500 rpm ( BTW whats the factory published idle rpm, and does it differ for cars ... ) ?

I am not sure but I guess the idling at optimum engine temperature for 4 Cylinder cars should be 800 rpm without the AC on. I shall confirm and revert.

IMO, the rpm should be below 1K ... thats what I have noticed ...

Checked again for the Baleno specifically.

A cold engine ( > 6-8 hrs for rest) idles at 1000-1100 at start.

After you drive it and the engine becomes warm it idles at around 500 rpm without Ac and around 600 RPM with AC.

In fact on the weekend i had taken it to the hills.
It stood for around 34 hrs in the cold at rest. There was frost all around the car, very cold to touch.

The engine cranked in the first attempt and idled at 1100. After 2-3 minutes idling speed went down.

Also i confirmed with the service station, they did not(and the dealer said they usually don't) touch the idling speed during service.

Quote:

Originally Posted by imjimmy
Checked again for the Baleno specifically.

A cold engine ( > 6-8 hrs for rest) idles at 1000-1100 at start.

After you drive it and the engine becomes warm it idles at around 500 rpm without Ac and around 600 RPM with AC.

In fact on the weekend i had taken it to the hills.
It stood for around 34 hrs in the cold at rest. There was frost all around the car, very cold to touch.

The engine cranked in the first attempt and idled at 1100. After 2-3 minutes idling speed went down.

Hmmmm. This is exactly what is happening in my car. So I'm happy lol:

My car idling is beetween 600-700 (no AC) and 700-800 (with AC) after warming up...starts around 900 RPM @ the first crank in the morning