Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st October 2005, 10:46   #1
AGP
BHPian

Colour Choice : Metalic or Solid

I have booked Silky silver VXI swift on 6th June. Dealer says you have to wait till november 2nd week for the delivery. They also offered me Black color which I don't want. Also then they offered RED or Azure Grey VXI..

Now that I like Red color but it is solid not metalic. i don't have personal cover parking but open parking..Does this really make a difference? I know in open parking solid color will fad soon but practically what should be the criteria to select the solid color?
Old 21st October 2005, 14:09   #2
Senior - BHPian

Never buy a solid coloured car (especially darkish colours) if you don't have a proper covered parking space.

Metallic paints work best for Indian conditions. Minor sratches are hidden well and they have the ability to retain their visual freshness.

Though, i don't think you should experience any colour fade as such. The newer solid paints are said to be fade proof.

While our Vtec and Innova are Metallic, the Wagon R has a solid paint and the difference is un-believable.

The Vtec looks a lot newer in comparison to the Wagon R even though the Wagon R was bought some 7 months later and has done just 14K kms compared to the Vtec's 52K kms.

If i were you, i'd rather wait, than crib about it later.

Shan2nu

Last edited by Shan2nu : 21st October 2005 at 14:13.
Old 21st October 2005, 16:07   #3
BHPian

If you personally like the silver best (since thats what you booked) and its metallic, I would suggest you wait ...Novmber 2nd week is not that far.

Dont rush into something you might regret later like Shantanu says.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks