Team-BHP - Lamborghini, Ferrari, Maserati & Bugatti to enter the Indian Market
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Lamborghini, Ferrari, Maserati & Bugatti to enter the Indian Market (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/8205-lamborghini-ferrari-maserati-bugatti-enter-indian-market.html)

TOKYO: They are the million dollar babies from across the globe, and they are revving on the passage to India. Aiming to ride the boom in demand for super-luxury cars among high-networth Indians, a host of manufacturers — from Lamborghini to Ferrari-Maserati and Bugatti to Aston Martin — are readying plans to drive into India with million dollar mean machines.

These firms are attempting to tempt the hearts of well-heeled Indians with their range of passenger cars that will join the burgeoning crorepati car club.

"India is today among the few markets across the globe witnessing a surge in demand for such super-premium cars. It’s a market that cannot be ignored any longer," Dominik H Hoberg, corporate image director for Automobili Lamborghini SpA told TOI at the ongoing 39th Tokyo Motor Show.

"We are in talks with some Indian companies for setting up a distributordealer network to roll our full range of cars," Hoberg said. The firm intends to roll out entire Lamborghini range — including Gallardo Spyder, Gallardo SE and Murcielago. The cars are expected to carry an entry-level price of around Rs 1.5-2 crore.

But the car that’s slated to set the pulses racing will be Bugatti’s Veyron. Retailed in Europe for Euro One million, the car will easily be the most expensive set of wheels on Indian roads with a price tag of slightly over Rs 10 crore. "We are seriously studying the Indian market as we feel there’s a growing demand for such super-premium cars," a Bugatti Automobiles SAS representative said.

The firm is also exploring the option of using the dealership network of its sister firm — Bentley — for cracking Da Automobile Code. The two-seater Veyron is powered by a 1001hp engine helping it attain a top speed of 407 kmph.

TOI Article - http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/a...71,curpg-1.cms

ahhh....now i have a fair choice. i can finally decide on my purchase.
rl: lol:

:D

I will pick 2 Ferraris, and ummmm.. 1... no.. 2 Lambos....
that will satisfy my power hunger... ;)

lol hell rider :)

Frankly these things dont make any difference to normal buyers like us...
coz in any case if I could afford to spend 1 crore on a car, definitely I can afford to pay the duty etc too.....

Off-topic frustration: Will somebody enter the Indian market to build the roads to drive these machines on????. The way things are going in bangalore, we will soon have to revert to bullock-carts as nothing else can traverse the sorry excuses for roads we have here. Most other cities also seem to be in the same shape..

I can see it right now: A bugatti Veyron follows a convoy of 2 dumper trucks, one road roller and an army of 10 men, to the lay the road before the Veyron drives over it.

and when a cyclist of pedestrian bangs into your beauty it will be at the workshop for a month and burn a deep hole in your pocket. LOL!

And what about our hawaldars telling the Bugatti owners " Rs 100 for no parking saar" :uncontrol !!!!

A few lamborgini and ferrari's will disappear into our football field size pot-holes. lol:
If the manufacturer's of these cars have any brains, they shouldn't launch these cars here. It will a insult to the capablities of these lovely machines if they are driven on our 5 kmph roads.

Quote:

Will somebody enter the Indian market to build the roads to drive these machines on????. The way things are going in bangalore, we will soon have to revert to bullock-carts as nothing else can traverse the sorry excuses for roads we have here. Most other cities also seem to be in the same shape..
Hey nitin, I totally agree with you on our cumbling infrastructure. I find it funny when people/politicians claim that India is going be the next super-power. A country where you spend 2 hours to cover 15 kms, and thats on a good day!, talks about being a super power.
I have started driving to work and back here in Toronto and find the difference with India huge. At 9 pm it takes me 10-15 minutes to travel approx 18kms from work to home. Ok I take the 401 to home but still thats something I can't do in India even at 2 am in the morning! And it's not like I am driving some super car like a M5 or Ferrari! Normally I drive down in the Golf/Jetta TDI or the Jetta 1.8 Turbo. Average speed on the 401 is about 100-130kmph depending on traffic. The difference is in smooth roads and disciplined drivers.

But guys looking at the whole scanario in a different angle, the influx of these supercars will coerce our government into ramping up the condition of our roads...donno how far thats gonna happen but these giant automobile makers Im sure would push our government in an inevitable situation saying " If you spend few crores mendingup the roads, you will earn lotz of crores as road tax and import duties coz of these cars".......................Im sure our ministers will love that proposition and start wagging their tail with immediate effect!!!

Quote:

But guys looking at the whole scanario in a different angle, the influx of these supercars will coerce our government into ramping up the condition of our roads
Hey wolf buddy, you are so naive! Please don't over estimate our "efficient" governments.

Quote:

If you spend few crores mendingup the roads, you will earn lotz of crores as road tax and import duties coz of these cars".......................Im sure our ministers will love that proposition and start wagging their tail with immediate effect!!!
Our ministers give two hoots to companies like Lamborgini, Ferrari Masaerati. Roads should have been improved because it's good for the country to have efficient transport systems. The roads in India will NEVER be on par with international standards. There is too much of money invovled in making roads over and over and over again. Sure they can spend a few hundred crores and make smooth roads that last for a long long time but the mantri's can earn more by giving tenders to contractors who grease their palms and do a shoddy job. Next year the process can be repeated. Our mantri's have heard the story about not killing the goose that lays the golden egg.

its frustrating even driving a maruti 800 or riding a bike on mumbai's roads - forget about these cars. if anything, launch of these cars is a cruel joke.

a true enthusiast who has the money to buy one of these, would realise that he would only end up frustrating himself by buying one of these.

As it is, these are not "practical" daily use cars. Add to it the fact that you never end up driving them, makes it all the more impractical.

i'd rather buy a small chopper. (if i had the money of course rl: lol: )

Bugatti Veyron- My other vehicle is a Bajaj Auto. :)

Good news for India.I have heard that Ferrari had discussions with indian companies about setting dealers.
Need tracks to drive those cars.