Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 11th June 2010, 21:27   #271
Distinguished - BHPian

... and then it detects that the key is in the car, and lets you start it.
Old 11th June 2010, 22:03   #272
BHPian

The downside of this is anyone can open the door and drive the car away, if the person holding the key in the pocket is nearby, dozing off;-} Is this possible, or the engine will stop if the proximity sensor detects the key is no longer avlbl?
Old 11th June 2010, 22:39   #273
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minardi View Post
I think the ad said chamatcar
Oh ok, my bad then :( Need to look at it again.

But still, I think they should be using the proper word, proximity sensor or something. For creational purposes, they should use some other tagline. 'Chamatkar' word somehow gives me a feeling that they think Indians are ignorant of the new technologies.

Last edited by gupta_chd : 11th June 2010 at 22:43.
Old 12th June 2010, 11:36   #274
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanjayc View Post
The downside of this is anyone can open the door and drive the car away, if the person holding the key in the pocket is nearby, dozing off;-} Is this possible, or the engine will stop if the proximity sensor detects the key is no longer avlbl?
Yes..that is dangerous.
Guess even Hyundai Sonata has this feature.
Any sonata owners here? please explain how it works or there too the danger of misuse persists.
Old 12th June 2010, 11:41   #275
Senior - BHPian

I don't know but I am really tempted to buy this car.

simply because of this:

New Nissan Micra : Full details & specs. EDIT - Launch on 14th July!-d-28.jpg

paisa vasool.
Old 12th June 2010, 11:54   #276
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidindica View Post

simply because of this:

Attachment 365436

paisa vasool.
+1
This is one of the coolest thing about the Micra that made me drool over it

Though the whole experience would be a let down because instead of a throaty growl you would hear a soft purr may be

Last edited by Gooney : 12th June 2010 at 11:56.
Old 12th June 2010, 12:44   #277
BHPian

Same here its just the features of this car and different looks (you like or hate but it looks different and stands out in the crowd just because of its looks) that I may consider booking this car in near future.
Old 12th June 2010, 21:45   #278
BHPian

I've had an interesting experience with Nissan's start/stop feature in a Nissan Altima in the US. I was out on a drive to a beach, parked the car and came back after 1/2 hour only to realize the engine was running all the time. I guess the key was within the proximity of the car all the time. But the engine was so smooth that i never realized the car was idling untill we went near the car.
Old 12th June 2010, 22:50   #279
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

simply because of this:

Attachment 365436

paisa vasool.

By the way, some ambassador diesel taxis in Calcutta have the same feature. .
Old 13th June 2010, 10:59   #280
Senior - BHPian

Can someone please share the link for of the Nissan India website? The only one I can find is what I think is the South African one (.co.za). Looking forward to a detailed review of the Micra..
Old 13th June 2010, 13:50   #281
Distinguished - BHPian

How strange... Google used to give it for a "Nissan India" search! Anyway, here it is:

Nissan India

As for a "detailed review", though, you will be very dissapointed: there is almost nothing there. Even the downloadable brochure is not much. As a marketing exercise it scores a resounding Zero!

You'll get more from the photos and comments on this thread!

EDIT: This is the Nissan Micra site:

http://www.nissanmicra.co.in/

Last edited by Thad E Ginathom : 13th June 2010 at 13:52.
Old 13th June 2010, 19:15   #282
Senior - BHPian

Impressions and OTR Bangalore Prices

I went to Shahwar Nissan to check out Micra today. My wife liked the pictures, and the car was appealing to her. She kind of made it her first choice as were considering a new hatch to replace our 8 year old Palio (that's a new different thread altogether).

Anyway continuing....

About the showroom. I was quite underwhelmed by the showroom, and my first concern would be Nissan's capabilities of ensuring good quality/timely services considering they might be selling 10x cars than they do now. The staff was courteous and was helpful, especially considering the fact that the showroom was practically full and everyone wanted a piece of the Micra. The security guard even tried to entertain my kid by showing her the aquarium, while we were checking out stuff. overall score: avg for facilities, full marks on service.

About Prices

here's the indicative prices from Bangalore, as given in the leaflet (they have put a disclaimer that it could change)

Model Ex. OTR
XE 3.99 4.85
XE+ 4.45 5.38
XL 4.85 5.85
XV 5.31 6.45

Good part is that everything comes with driver side aribag. Kudos to Nissan. Bad piece is that top end model is more expensive than Swift Zxi (OTR Bangalore is 6.41L with some corporate discount in addition). Nissan has a funky color, brand value, better build quality and some gimmicks (push button start et al). Swift has alloys, better service options, a much better engine and steering wheel music controls. Personally i would go with swift. This from a person who's not a Maruti fan. . Another big grouse - need power windows? You gotta spend minimum 5.85L for XL version as its not available in base.

The big piece thats missing is the driving - will start only in July. They said they deliveries would take time as their 100+ stock is mostly sold out. Any new booking is expected to be delivered in August.

Quote:

panel gap on the bonnet line was a bit large, questionable.
Attachment 355410
This is very prominent at the first glance, and concerning.

Micra is out of our shortlist. You should have tried a little harder, Nissan!

Last edited by SkyWalker : 13th June 2010 at 19:21.
Old 14th June 2010, 12:35   #283
Senior - BHPian

I had an eye opener sort of experience yday, I was talking to my dad about the good features of this car, I told him there is a button, where one can start the car with help of button,
My dad immediately gave a quick response, he mentioned this is not a new technology all the MTC (I mean Chennai local buses) have these option, and that is actualy going backwards not forward, if this technology is to be adopted.
Then I recalled what is says is actually true, all big busses start the with a button press. Can someone explain how different is the MTC busses from the Micra's push button start.
Old 14th June 2010, 13:02   #284
Senior - BHPian

And the buses could be key less too ! (including doors)
Old 14th June 2010, 13:29   #285
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by xingamazon View Post
Then I recalled what is says is actually true, all big busses start the with a button press. Can someone explain how different is the MTC busses from the Micra's push button start.
@xingamazon: The MTC buses don't have any proximity sensor and the key has to be physically put inside a keyhole. Only the cranking part is moved to a seperate button. In Micra, there is no need to put the key anywhere, just have it in your pockets when you get into the car and you should be able to start the car.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed