Team-BHP - New Nissan Micra : Full details & specs. EDIT - Launch on 14th July!
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   New Nissan Micra : Full details & specs. EDIT - Launch on 14th July! (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/82241-new-nissan-micra-full-details-specs-edit-launch-14th-july-2.html)

Is this the same company that produces the Skyline GT-R ?!

Thanks Sid, for the info and pics. Nice to see airbag (driver's side ) being offfered on all the variants. I also liked the cool features like electric folding mirrors, touch sensors for the doors and the hatch. Btw does the car have driver's seat height adjust?
The negatives? Well personally I didn't like the rear seats. Neither the recline angle is proper nor the head rests are height adjustable. And the colours offfered are going to make this car look more bland.

Quote:

Originally Posted by theMAG (Post 1904970)

Mag, Why are you having this doubt? :D

EDIT: The 'Skyline' tag has been dropped, right?

Sid, Amazing scoop once again.
Kudos to Nissan for offering Driver's side airbag as standard in all variants! :thumbs up

To me, it looks like a red martian from the front

@Sidindica--Thanks for the very detailed pictorial presentation.

Nissan has got the pricing right, but they should have provided alloys atleast in the top variant. Micra XV should easily find buyers as it is more VFM compared to i10 or Swift Vxi which are priced in the same range.

Nice scoop Sid!
I personally like the Airbag on all variants, and touch sensor/pinch sensor/auto fold mirrors on xv.
What I dislike - upright rear seat/no adjustable headrest on rear seat/roof design can be tricky to clean and dress/no alloys on xv.
Pricing is also good IMO.
Nissan should be all ready to force its way into the bustling hatch market with this baby!
Now if only they give us a diesel + cvt please:

remote key less entry on XE! What about XL?

Good car, mostly good feature list, and good pricing.

CVT would have been a key differentiator. Only i10 auto is available in this range, and i am sure Nissan can kick the i10 auto butt when it comes to FE. They must bring it fast.

And needless to say, the diesel as it works magic in India. IMHO, they should have released it with diesel rather than waiting for Sep.

Thanks Sid!

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2cents (Post 1905075)
  • remote key less entry (XE)
  • intelligent key with push button ignition* (XV)
remote key less entry on XE! What about XL?

Exactly what I was wondering!! :D

PS. Got an email from Nissan stating that bookings are open in Bangalore at Shahwar Nissan, Queens Road. Test drive anyone?

I seriously think that MICRA will be a hit and with all these standard features, maruti and hyundai will have sleepless nights till they update their feature list.

Awesome specs!

The Polo and Figo will feel some very serious heat! The pricing seems great and the base version does not seem unbuyable.

Hats off to Nissan for distributing the features so well. They could have added Alloys and a bit of jazz for the top end, but I am not complaining.

The front looks good! The rear is ugly.

@Sid

Show-off! :D (merc pic)

Thanks a lot for the scoop.

What about their wafer thin dealer network. Are they looking to improve it quickly or it's on the back burner right now.

A great scoop yet again sid.
It is no doubt a great product by Nissan and add to that the loads of features and awesome pricing, the Micra sure is a well-rounded hatch.
But IMO the side profile doesn't look good or as funky as the front end, and the small boot space is a disappointment when compared to the Figo/Punto/i20.
But overall a product which will surely sell like hot cakes.

Quote:

Originally Posted by theMAG (Post 1904970)

Quote:

Originally Posted by pulsar56 (Post 1905028)
Mag, Why are you having this doubt?

May be, nay - surely - this is why...:D

Quote:

Originally Posted by echo77 (Post 1905030)
To me, it looks like a red martian from the front

Nice details Sid! Decent level of equipment! And I like that they have not forced alloys down the customer's throat! I feel alloys and ICE should always be avoided as it gives the customers options to choose from aftermarket! Nice pricing too! But Sid, how does the grey interior look like?