Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 25th May 2010, 23:46   #31
Senior - BHPian

Looks yuck! Very childish and immature.
Old 26th May 2010, 00:09   #32
BHPian

I think something is missing here. No mention about XL for these features?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidindica View Post
Comfort and Convenience:
  • power windows front and rear with anti pinch function on driver's side (XE, XV)
  • central door lock (XE, XV)
  • remote key less entry (XE)
  • intelligent key with push button ignition* (XV)
Old 26th May 2010, 00:19   #33
Senior - BHPian

Amazing list of features for a car that is priced just 4.65L!! Nissan has hit the sweet spot.
The only thing that will deter a buyer from buying the Micra is the design. It's downright ugly! Even the interiors aren't really that good. But I like the funky central console. In all, this is an amazing package for the price, and that is what most Indian buyers look at. Practicality.
Thanks for the scoop Sid!

Last edited by theragingbull : 26th May 2010 at 00:24.
Old 26th May 2010, 01:11   #34
BHPian

Wow ..this is incredible from Nissan.

For all those people who are bashing the design/looks of the car, I am sure they will change their opinion once they will see the car in flesh. This is not a bad looking car and you will like it once you will see it in reality. It's more like beetle so you can't really complain.

Anyway its good for the indian buyers that they are getting so many options in the hatchback segment.

Hyundai and Maruti are really worried now.
Old 26th May 2010, 01:25   #35
BHPian

This is an excellent package from nissan.

Looks, for me, are good. May not be smashing, but is definately not ugly. A cross between Beetle, Porsche boxster and Mini Cooper cannot be ugly, it is flattening to be compared with those legends

Airbags on all variants are a great addition from Nissan. Shows they really value safety. This car has some cool features, hopefully other manufacturers will learn something from Nissan.

Removing the door pockets from the back doors is a good move. They are not used often on back seat and can liberate a good 3-4 inches of space. This, if used intelligently, can make hell of a difference in back seat comfort of a hatch, especially with three adults.

It ticks all the right boxes for me. All considered, I think Micra will do really good in our market.

Last edited by SunilM : 26th May 2010 at 01:29.
Old 26th May 2010, 04:50   #36
Senior - BHPian

The instrument cluster resembles the one on the GTR!
Old 26th May 2010, 06:33   #37
Team-BHP Support

The car looks a good deal. Need to watch out, on how it handles? That would be selling point.
Old 26th May 2010, 06:45   #38
BHPian

looks good, featured well and priced reasonably too. if nissan stick to their reputation for good quality and provide good service this car may be the next big small car in India.
Old 26th May 2010, 08:22   #39
Senior - BHPian

Fantastic packaging by Nissan.

Buttt (IMO) the looks of this car is definitely not going to be broadly accepted. I am not saying it is bad or ugly, it is refreshingly different, but not universal. The prospective buyers would be those who are looking at Chevy Beat, Ritz and A-star.

@Sidindica, are you employed in the Daily Mirror or News of the World ?

Last edited by sandeepmdas : 26th May 2010 at 08:25.
Old 26th May 2010, 08:40   #40
BHPian

Yesterday evening got this Micra brochure in email from the dealer I have booked the car. SP was stating that Micra XV would approximately cost 5.6 Lakhs on road in Hyderabad.
Attached Thumbnails
New Nissan Micra : Full details & specs. EDIT - Launch on 14th July!-micra-1.jpg  

New Nissan Micra : Full details & specs. EDIT - Launch on 14th July!-micra-2.jpg  

New Nissan Micra : Full details & specs. EDIT - Launch on 14th July!-micra-3.jpg  

New Nissan Micra : Full details & specs. EDIT - Launch on 14th July!-micra-4.jpg  

Last edited by vikram.vns : 26th May 2010 at 08:42.
Old 26th May 2010, 09:05   #41
BHPian

Friends,

Sorry, I was unable to upload the PDF format of the brochure in the previous post.

PFA of the e broucher I received from Lakshmi Nissan, Hyderabad.

Regards,

Vikram
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Micra_e-brochure[1].pdf (1.52 MB, 2030 views)
Old 26th May 2010, 09:14   #42
BHPian

The only sore point is that there is no automatic transmission which i would have loved as i want to change my i10 at
Old 26th May 2010, 09:21   #43
Senior - BHPian

Nice comprehensive coverage. Thanks.

The temp gauge might be digital with blue & red light.
Old 26th May 2010, 09:24   #44
BHPian

good features for a hatchback - kudos to Nissan for bringing in this car.

A few points to note:

Design wise: Looks like a mish mash of a Spark (wonder why no one commented on that - i am sure there has been a platform sharing between GM and Nissan). Looks b$%t ugly IMHO though in India all kinds of design sells.

Feature Wise: Heat is on Figo and Beat and Estillo mostly. Airbags in hatchbacks (all variants) is a first. Very very commendable.

Price: No complaints but could have been a little lower. Could have obliterated others in the segment.

Handling - What I have heard the baby has decent handling in the city but on a highway is a lil suspect. Surprising because the last Nissan I drove (350Z) was mindblowing. The DNA was changed I guess in the middle of all cost cuts

Service: These days its the service that helps sell a product (whether it is a SW or a HW or even a car). People opt for the Maruti and Hyundai (a great 5 amongst those) because of the service network and low cost of services. With a miniscule service network i wonder how Nissan hopes to cater to the segment if it sells well. Let it not be a case where high demand and acute shortage of the product ultimately killed the brand/product (happnened to a brand of chips in the early part of this decade).

Would be great if someone can post the price basket of regular service and accidental parts of this car.
Old 26th May 2010, 09:36   #45
mkh
Senior - BHPian

Great pics indeed, gives a very detailed view of what to expect. Clearly the hatch segment is hotting up big time.
Just on the first look, i think the i20,Punto,Polo and even Figo are bigger cars as such overall. Beat,Ritz,Swift and i10 are priced lower or around the same but still with a few 1000s more if a person gets loads of features, why not. Those are the cars i feel which this is going to take on big time.
The rear seat comfort may come into play again, as an urban commuter with a family of 4 may like what the Figo and i20 is giving.
Nissan has a potential winner, the car does look like a small hatch and will appeal to the entry level hatch buyer for sure. I can also see a few people who are frustrated with the 6 months wait on the polo and looking at a second car going to nissan showrooms(i hope nissan planned exepcted demand well)
Consumer choice has doubled almost over the past 2 years and with more launches in this segment planned(toyota to name one) we can surely expect very interesting developments on the monthly sales charts!!
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks