Team-BHP - New Nissan Micra : Full details & specs. EDIT - Launch on 14th July!
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   New Nissan Micra : Full details & specs. EDIT - Launch on 14th July! (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/82241-new-nissan-micra-full-details-specs-edit-launch-14th-july-5.html)

@sid - How realistic are the prices since you are saying that they are 'Expected Price'? Moreover, if the price you mentioned is true, then the top of the line XV will sell well as its got more features than even the Polo. The inclusion of a standard driver side airbag is a very good move. It will win the heart of customers.

Push-button start is just a fad... we have even seeing people here ask how they can convert their car to have it. On the other hand, it is a harmless one, though I agree, it is not of great value. Is this keyless? that would be cute --- but if one still has to put the key in a slot and turn on the ignition, then we actually putting the clock back fifty years!

The old routine was: insert key, turn to turn on ignition, pull button to activate starter motor. Then the new, modern, great thing was incorporating the start and the ignition.

What will they think of next? Giving us back the manual choke control, perhaps, and claiming it as the great new thing!

<cross-posted with basilmabraham and others>

..ok, if it is keyless it is cute, although this vicinity of the car thing gives me security worries.

So, you can use the button to stop and start the engine when stationary? Good... but hey, they key does that too! rl:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain Slow (Post 1906227)
As much as I hate to say this,
From the pics the build quality and overall car seem way better than the figo!
Ford is in for some serious competition.
The engine on the 1.2 Micra might also be better than fords 1.2 which is powered by donkeys.

Lets wait and watch if Nissan cuts prices on spares like how ford has.

Yes you are right Captain Slow.: The FIGO Petrol will now flop for sure. As the FE people are getting is 11 in city and that is way below the expectation. I feel now FIGO would only sale in Diesel version.

Quote:

Originally Posted by sidindica (Post 1904794)
Comfort and Convenience:
  • intelligent key with push button ignition* (XV)
*with an intelligent key fob in your pocket, you ca start the engine at the push of a button and lock and unlock the doors just by touching the request switch on the door handle. And for an added measure of security, the engine immobilizer prevents anyone without the key from starting the car.(KEYLESS GO)

Sid and the brochure says there is keyless entry and keyless start and drive. I think the only other car with this feature this side of 20 lakhs is the Cruze. This to me looks a real cool feature.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom (Post 1906243)
..ok, if it is keyless it is cute, although this vicinity of the car thing gives me security worries.

So, you can use the button to stop and start the engine when stationary? Good... but hey, they key does that too! rl:

This is a security concern, but a managable onw I think. I remember some one in Trivandrum had to face a nightmare with this on his Cruze, dont know where that thread is.

The car that would be hit most is the i10 if Micra clicks. One can expect the usual Hyundai discount schemes to counter this.

Quote:

Originally Posted by basilmabraham (Post 1906277)
Sid and the brochure says there is keyless entry and keyless start and drive. I think the only other car with this feature this side of 20 lakhs is the Cruze. This to me looks a real cool feature.

Keyless entry and keyless start & drive is also present in Nissan Teana. I assume, Nissan has adopted that in Micra as well. IMO, it could be one of the important USP for the sales as well.

Cheers,

Seems like a real good deal from the features perspective. What I really feel is good about the features is -

1. Driver Airbag standard across variants.
2. Rear wiper and defogger in XL and XV (VW - take a note here)
3. ACC in XV.

Some not liked features -

1. Rear space and rear seat ergonomics (at least from sid's pics)
2. 226L boot (smallest among the new offerings this year, save Beat)
3. Absence of a dead pedal (c'mon how much does this cost?)

Nissan should start expanding across the country and cities to fulfill the demand of this car. From the map, the east doesn't have a single dealer. The only thing that can break or make this car from now on is Nissan themselves (cost of ownership, A.S.S. quality and spread).

Now waiting to relish GTO's TD report...

Quote:

Originally Posted by designersf (Post 1906231)
@sid - How realistic are the prices since you are saying that they are 'Expected Price'? Moreover, if the price you mentioned is true, then the top of the line XV will sell well as its got more features than even the Polo. The inclusion of a standard driver side airbag is a very good move. It will win the heart of customers.

price was quoted by the dealer.

Only the rear doesnt click with me. Might compete with Ritz's rear for the worst rear looks. Otherwise, its not all that bad but a tad feminine though.

Great packaging and pricing. Eagerly waiting for GTO's review.

@sid - one question with respect to the rear space:
How bad or good is this compared to the i10/Polo?

Personally not impressed by the looks or specs. May survive with a 'poor man's beetle' tag.
The rear is nothing but hideous.

guys,
the launch of micra has added to my confusion.i had somehow settled on getting a swift zxi and now the micra is attracting me.Can some of you who have seen both cars weigh out the differences on both engines and features.

I think it's a decent enough car with decent equipment list for the price. But somehow, I hate the shiny silver centre console. Think it'll make a good urban commuter.

:OT
I wonder about something. I didn't find even a single comment bashing the driver side only airbag offering, as in the i20 thread. (Before somebody flame me, I believe that standard on all variants maybe the keyword here, but still)

Quote from the thread
1. (http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...etails-13.html)
"And I wonder if India is the only market where cars are sold with only 1 airbag i.e. the driver side one.

I guess these companies believe in making cars safer for the drivers only."

The exterior is growing on me and I think it will look good in lighter colours.

If they launch the CVT it would be a perfect car for my mom (in white). Pricing looks really competetive.

But interior is simply too plasticky.

Quote:

Originally Posted by A350XWB (Post 1906660)
But somehow, I hate the shiny silver centre console.

Yep, Looks like a cheap chinese boombox that I had in college(CD player)

Sid,

Thanks very much for the report. I had seen Nissan March in Japan. looked quite cute to me like VW Beetle.

Quote:

decklid with nissan logo and touch sensor which opens the boot, in conjunction with smart key/keyless go.
I really liked these funky gadgetry features. Also I loved the central console. Something very refreshing.
Any news of diesel or a AT box?

Quote:

Originally Posted by rajivn (Post 1906537)
Only the rear doesn't click with me. Might compete with Ritz's rear for the worst rear looks. Otherwise, its not all that bad but a tad feminine though.

Great packaging and pricing. Eagerly waiting for GTO's review.

Yes. it doesn’t look as good as Punto Polo or i20. But when it comes to Indian market IMHO it's the pricing, FE and A.S.S matters. Look at Manza, Dzire or Ritz or even Figo which has confusing plane look. They don’t look so good but sell in good numbers due to VFM

Any news of Nissan expanding their A.S.S network?