Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 28th May 2010, 12:54   #121
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidindica View Post
[b]New Nissan Micra 1.2 petrol

On Sale Date: July 1st week.
Sid you are a real Scoopmaster, Can't count how many occasions you have come out with a real scoop, also one mightily written multi page post on Indian small Car history.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dipen View Post
The car that would be hit most is the i10 if Micra clicks. One can expect the usual Hyundai discount schemes to counter this.
Well I completely Differ on this count. First of all i don't think any car is going to be really threatened by micra at all. Indian customer are not that easy to deal with and they don't give really a newcomer much of a chance especially with high involvement high priced products. If at all A.S.S. and Dealer ship will be available it will be i20/Punto/Polo that will feel the heat, swift customers are the most conservative and they wont switch their loyalty to a newcomer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by arun1100 View Post
The Micra looks CUTE in real. Looks very puny in pics but not so.

Top end in Bangalore on road is 6.3L. I would rather buy a Punto!
I would have done the same, Punto it is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpower View Post
I remember when the original round light Santro came out, everyone said its ugly, open mouth pig etc etc.

It went on to become a smashing success.
Arun, not to forget the benevolent contribution from "King Khan" who came out of "Advertisement Hiatus" to make that product look "Zexy". If only Nissan can pull out someone from Boolywood, of his stature who hasnt touched any endorsements so far.. Very rare commodity i would say, Hyundai was smart and lucky.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nithi View Post
Expected prices ex showroom Delhi - from the First Page of this thread

* XE: Rs. 3,75,000
* XL: Rs. 4,25,000
* XV: Rs. 4,65,000

Ex - showroom price posted by ntneo

XE - 395000
XL - 480000
XV - 525000
Quote:
Originally Posted by DEEPAKSURI1 View Post
[*]XE: Rs. 3,75,000 [*]XL: Rs. 4,25,000 [*]XV: Rs. 4,65,000[/list]Specifications:
Was that a duplication Deepak, We have already received two set of pricing above. Somehow It seems the one posted by NTNEO is more accurate pricing, unless Nissan Decides to lose some money in indian market to gain a foothold.

Quote:
Originally Posted by arnabchak View Post

1) Thought that the pricing for the product is a tad high. The main reason is that the Micra will compete with the likes of established players like Hyundai and Maruti and here by the first point advantage-the pricing plays a huge part.

2) The limited network will have an impact on the sales. I hope Nissan can work towards that quickly and eliminate the inordinate delays. A page to learn from Ford here, I guess!! The Figo deliveries are a good thing for the company.
I think that is the consensus so far on the forum.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarunp View Post
For me the absence of the CVT option at launch is a deal breaker.
Dittos my thoughts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aryashiv1 View Post
I somehow find it very difficult to understand the way some people on this forum think. When Polo was launched most of the forum members liked it. They were like German car well built notwithstanding the 3 Pot engine there, very few service centre. However here in case of Micra they started blasting it saying who will pay 5.6 L for a 3 Pot. if you compare specs of Micra and Polo I think Micra win with fair margin being approx. 50 K less priced (if the prices given are correct). We need to give Nissan a fair chance without coming to conclusion. Waiting for GTO's report.
Wait for the customer verdict Shiv, Indian customer don't believe in giving chances when it comes to high priced product. They give a chance only if they get a price point by which they can compromise on other important aspect, A.S.S. and covers their risk of buying from a newbie on the block (read Logan and Daewoo), On that yardstick alone Nissan loses out. Thankfully they have their export market, Europe, to take care of their capacity thing atleast. they can keep gaining foothold in this market in future years. Not likely to happen right now. I mean in nissan's place I would be happy if with this price point i somehow outsell, Punto or Jazz probably.

Last edited by anu21v : 28th May 2010 at 12:58.
Old 28th May 2010, 13:47   #122

Communication received from Nissan

Guys,

Here is the exact email sent out by Nissan to folks who enquired about Nicra on their website (www.nissanmicra.co.in):

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

date: 26 May 2010 17:44
subject: Invitation
26 May (2 days ago)

Dear Sir / Madam,

We thank you for your enquiry for purchase of Nissan Micra.

We are pleased to announce the launch of Nissan small car for Nissan Micra yesterday (May 25, 2010). Micra received overwhelming when car was displayed and bookings opened yesterday. There were 400 telephonic calls and around 80 walk-ins throughout the day. We booked orders for 15 cars on the first day and this trend is certain to continue.

Please find attached specifications of Nissan Micra for your kind purview.

Tentative pricing would be as under:
New Nissan Micra : Full details & specs. EDIT - Launch on 14th July!-micra.jpg

Prices are indicative only. Final prices as applicable at the time of delivery will have to be paid by customer.

Delivery of the vehicle would commence by July 15, 2010. We expect availability at the rate of 75 vehicles per month.

Booking has commenced and booking amount will be Rs 50000/-. Terms and conditions of supply will be as per contractual document to be signed at the time of booking.

Car is on display in showroom at number 15, Queen’s road, Bangalore.

We invite you to kindly have a look at the car and consider our car for your purchase.

Thanks & regards,
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Me planning to have a look in flesh this weekend. However, have seen this and been impressed by it quite a bit in Europe. & going by the pix released so far, looks pretty similar to the European version.

Cheerio!

Mods - Have removed the names of the persons this email was addressed to for reasons of privacy. However, have retained ids and phone numbers of sales staff. Please remove if inappropriate.

Last edited by Samurai : 17th June 2010 at 22:44. Reason: remove identity/number of the sender
Old 28th May 2010, 14:47   #123
BHPian

great scoop sid and great pivs too!
The micra does look like a nice compact city car and only a test will tell how its on the highway.
BTW the look on your face does say that this car might be the ideal replacement to your punto
Old 28th May 2010, 15:03   #124
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vkochar View Post
How is the Nissan Dealership Scene ? Do they have in other small town or still limited to metros. I am sure with this small car launch they need to cover all cities.
AFAIK, Nissan's dealer network is growing. Nissan's Kochi dealer, EVM, are setting up a new 3s facility in Calicut. I don't know about other small cities in India, but since Calicut is not a very big city, I'm assuming that Nissan is expanding into B & C-Class cities as well.

They'll need it, considering the fact that they have high hopes for the Micra. Nissan will definitely get brownie points for that from small car customers!
Old 28th May 2010, 15:40   #125
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolnawab View Post
Guys,

Here is the exact email sent out by Nissan to folks who enquired about Nicra on their website (www.nissanmicra.co.in):
Nissan Micra XV 3Cyl Petrol : Ex-Showroom price 5.25 L
Figo Titanium TDCi: Ex-Showroom price 5.29 L

and thus ends the argument.
Old 28th May 2010, 16:23   #126
BHPian

I see the Micra every day here in Japan where I'm right now on a business trip. It is known as "March" here. The car looks feminine - I would not buy this as a first car - probably may buy as a car for my wife. From the outside at least the car does not look spacious.

As for the price, how come it is priced on par with Figo diesel?
Old 28th May 2010, 16:35   #127
Senior - BHPian

My family and I have owned and driven 2 generations of the Maxima, Altima and the Quest in the US.

The Xtrail, in India, did not do quite well in competition and sadly the Micra - with its pathetic little toy design is simply horrendous in every way, interior and exterior.
Where lean, mean and aggressive looks are the IN Thing, what is up with this bubble design? I wonder what has gone wrong with Nissan's design team?
Old 28th May 2010, 16:53   #128
BHPian

That is one fugly car! Thanks - but I wouldn't want to be seen dead in one of these!

Quote:
Originally Posted by basilmabraham View Post
1. I think it comes as part of the keyless entry system. You can actually start and drive the car without using the keys. All you need is to have the keys in the vicinity of the car.

2. You could also use the start/stop button to turn off and turn on the car when waiting at the signal. You could save some fuel here. In cars sold outside India, this feature is automatic, the engine stops when you stop at a signal and it fires again when you press the accelerator. May be Nissan will bring this feature to India in the Micra aslo.
Lets say I park at the theater and am moving away - but still in the vicinity (or just have my back to the car) and someone walks up, opens the far side door a tad and waits for me to disappear - then walks away with the ice. wth?

Another case in point - car stops at the signal. I turn off the engine (or it automatically turns off - whatever). I'm in the car and therefore the "security" device is certainly in the vicinity. Someone can just open the far side door and walk out with the laptop/phone/whatever - so much for central locking?

Is there a manual override somewhere? Is this really suitable for Indian conditions?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2cents View Post
Nissan Micra XV 3Cyl Petrol : Ex-Showroom price 5.25 L
Figo Titanium TDCi: Ex-Showroom price 5.29 L

and thus ends the argument.
+1 to that - it does to me! Add to this the fugliness quotient and this is one short argument for me!
Old 28th May 2010, 16:55   #129
BHPian

Nice pics and details, sid.

Yet another hatch-back in Indian market, making the already tight competition in the segment.

The product and the price look to be very attractive. The dealer network and cost of ownership is yet to be seen.
Old 28th May 2010, 17:00   #130
BHPian

Somehow the Micra does not appeal to me, I just feel it's too small from the inside everytime I look at the photos, have not seen it in person, but it's definetely not my type of car.
Old 28th May 2010, 17:54   #131
BHPian

Its a Cake Walk for Chevy BEAT to BEAT this one as well...

Styling is non appealing to young buyers (atleast to me), as well pricing is on higer side . Interior plastic quality is like the one used in Maruti 800 in early 90's and zero score on interior styling !

Good For: Airbag, Push Button Engine Start, Sensor Enabled Door Lock !

Last edited by bblost : 29th May 2010 at 11:21. Reason: No more than 2 smileys per post. Thanks.
Old 28th May 2010, 18:44   #132
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sary View Post
Its a Cake Walk for Chevy BEAT to BEAT this one as well...

Styling is non appealing to young buyers (atleast to me), as well pricing is on higer side . Interior plastic quality is like the one used in Maruti 800 in early 90's and zero score on interior styling !

Good For: Airbag, Push Button Engine Start, Sensor Enabled Door Lock !
I second your thought.

In terms of interior and styling none of this new vehicles comes closer to Beat, i20 and Punto. damn...
Old 28th May 2010, 20:38   #133
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
I'm really looking forward to the Micra; the Japs are masters of packaging small cars. The Micra will be the second affordable Japanese hatch in the market (after Maruti's range, Jazz is hardly a mass-market product).

The only thing that works against Nissan is their wafer-thin dealer network.
+1 to that.

And yes, we are looking forward to your review, GTO. Don't tell us it will not happen this time. Because now I get that sinking feeling!
Old 28th May 2010, 21:27   #134
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Guys,

Here is the exact email sent out by Nissan to folks who enquired about Nicra on their website ... ... ...

Not having many dealers is one thing; being illiterate is quite another.

Do I want to buy a car from a company that can send out garbage like this?

Doubts set in...
Old 28th May 2010, 23:58   #135
BHPian

Quote:
We expect availability at the rate of 75 vehicles per month.
Is it a joke or I misunderstood something?
Closed Thread

Most Viewed