Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 26th May 2010, 09:42   #46
Senior - BHPian

They should have brought the diesel first and killed the competition! All the best to Nissan.

Good one sid.
Old 26th May 2010, 09:51   #47
BHPian

Really nice to see Nissan providing a driver's side airbag as standard on models. I think we should really appreciate them for doing this, instead of reserving this safety apparatus for only the top end version. It would have been great if the passenger airbag was also standard, but I guess they are on the right track.

The audio system and automatic climate control look a little quirky but its at least different from the stale old designs commonly seen in other cars.
Old 26th May 2010, 10:01   #48
MAS
Senior - BHPian

Great pictures Sid.

The car looks "okay" in the pictures. May be i should go to Sheriff Nissan in Velachery to check out the car in flesh.

The pacific blue Car in the brochure looks like a A-Star.
Old 26th May 2010, 10:02   #49
BHPian

Yes, giving airbags as standard on all versions is really really commendable

However, I'm one of those who finds this design quite ugly. Worse than A-star in fact
Old 26th May 2010, 10:20   #50
Senior - BHPian

I think this pic should make for a good poster/outdoor advertising campaign.
Attached Thumbnails
New Nissan Micra : Full details & specs. EDIT - Launch on 14th July!-d-47.jpg  

Old 26th May 2010, 10:58   #51
Senior - BHPian

The car looks like a piece of trash, personal opinion. Buy the really dark coloured options if Nissan is the only brand one wants. Otherwise, more practical cars are already out there.

Two things I liked about the car:

a. The driver side airbag across models.
b. Nissan shows it's seriousness about the Indian market with this launch, I don't like this car, but I have driven some better Nissans recently (not strictly true, since one was an Infinity G35) and their engineering pedigree is rock solid.
Old 26th May 2010, 11:10   #52
BHPian

Kind of OT.
Did any of you try googling for 'Nissan' or 'Nissan Micra'. I could not even find their webpage on the first page of the search results. May be this is another thing that Nissan has to improve in this internet age. An average buyer would want to look in the internet before taking the big decision. Me thinks.

Edit: finally found the website, but was not the easiest task.

Sid, hope to see this pic of yours in some hoardings across the country.

Saw this dealer network in their website. Is this all they have?
New Nissan Micra : Full details & specs. EDIT - Launch on 14th July!-nissan.jpg
or does the website needs an update. I hope its the latter.

Last edited by basilmabraham : 26th May 2010 at 11:23.
Old 26th May 2010, 11:35   #53
BHPian

The Micra looks a real cutie, almost femine kind of car. However I doubt that anyone who takes their motoring seriously would like to be seen inside this bug eyed automobile, no matter how many airbags it has, unless it sports a VW logo. This vehicle belongs to the niche` confused small toy car bracket shared with Beat & Estilo. I dare say all three look like upscaled hotwheels models.
@Sidindica, I seriously do not see a cayenne or a boxter in it from any angle.
Nyways, the resemblence to the rebadged Suzuki A-Star made in the Maruti plant at Manesar that Nissan sells abroad as Nissan Pixo is striking.
Attached Thumbnails
New Nissan Micra : Full details & specs. EDIT - Launch on 14th July!-nissanpixo02.jpg  

Old 26th May 2010, 11:53   #54
Senior - BHPian

I frankly could not relate this car's design to any Porsche or a Beetle except maybe the overall round treatment and that too because the OP thought of these great designs to compare to. Just 1 word that comes to mind 'HORRIBLE'. Is this the same company that gave us the Skyline, Murano and the Maxima? Difficult to believe. The matte silver plastic center console and the over all design treatment looks like been outsourced to a Chinese imitation car design company who was told to make things as round and ugly as possible. Equipment level is quite good but then Nissan is no Maruti to make best sellers out of ugly cars like Dzire and the Swift.

Last edited by SPARKled : 26th May 2010 at 12:01.
Old 26th May 2010, 14:09   #55
Senior - BHPian

The car doesnt look bad at all as I expected, but it is nothing extraordinary, both in terms of pricing and in terms of styling.

I mean they have proved that the car is good, but dont see it becoming a game changer.

I am still not fully able to understand, how much utility a push button start is gonna do. Come on, one will crank only once during the start, moreover, unlike other things cranking once is not big effort to have an electronic alternative.
Can someone explain what purpose does it serve other than being a good to have option.
Old 26th May 2010, 14:15   #56
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by xingamazon View Post
Can someone explain what purpose does it serve other than being a good to have option.
I read somewhere that its typical of Nissan offerings.
Old 26th May 2010, 14:33   #57
Senior - BHPian

I for once think this car will sell in good numbers.. As long it provides a good engine, FE, interior quality and more car for the money (all ingredients to become a success story), most people won't care a hoot about the looks when buying a VFM hatch.. Also, IMO, it does not look that bad as some people had expressed, but yes, it won't win any beauty contest for sure! I also recon that it will handle and drive better than other competing cars in that price bracket (being a NISSAN).
Old 26th May 2010, 14:53   #58
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by xingamazon View Post
I am still not fully able to understand, how much utility a push button start is gonna do. Come on, one will crank only once during the start, moreover, unlike other things cranking once is not big effort to have an electronic alternative.
1. I think it comes as part of the keyless entry system. You can actually start and drive the car without using the keys. All you need is to have the keys in the vicinity of the car.

2. You could also use the start/stop button to turn off and turn on the car when waiting at the signal. You could save some fuel here. In cars sold outside India, this feature is automatic, the engine stops when you stop at a signal and it fires again when you press the accelerator. May be Nissan will bring this feature to India in the Micra aslo.

My 2 cents.
Old 26th May 2010, 15:02   #59
BHPian

What Engineering Detailing. Nissan for the masses.

Off the line, the car appears to me like some 'fisher-price' toy.
Old 26th May 2010, 15:02   #60
Senior - BHPian

As much as I hate to say this,
From the pics the build quality and overall car seem way better than the figo!
Ford is in for some serious competition.
The engine on the 1.2 Micra might also be better than fords 1.2 which is powered by donkeys.

Lets wait and watch if Nissan cuts prices on spares like how ford has.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks