Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 1st June 2010, 00:02   #166
BHPian

Personally I didnt like the looks. But there are lot of things in the car other than the looks that is impressive.

Please set up the poll.

Last edited by shuvadips : 1st June 2010 at 00:06.
Old 1st June 2010, 01:45   #167
Senior - BHPian

So close to launch and still no major ad campaign.I guess they are opting more of word of mouth and discreet advertising.Or is there an ad blitzkrieg on the cards?
Old 1st June 2010, 02:31   #168
Distinguished - BHPian

This is the sort of thing I find very off-putting:

Nissan India
Quote:
The period for the New Vehicle Warranty is 24 months or 50,000 km ( whichever comes first ) from the time the vehicle is first registered or put into service (whichever occurs first).

The New Vehicle Warranty covers all parts and components of each new Nissan vehicle except for those items listed under the section entitled "WHAT IS NOT COVERED" in the Warranty Information and Maintenance Booklet, and the tyres and battery which are the subject of separate warranties.
Nissan UK
Quote:
We've got you covered For longer than you think.

We think you will enjoy your Nissan car for a long time. So long, in fact, that we've made our warranty last for 3 years or 60,000 miles. And just to keep you Nissan looking as fresh and gorgeous from day one, we protect it with our standard 3 year paint warranty and 12-year anti-corrosion warranty...
The UK one I had to type. E&OE! My bold in both cases.

We're being short-changed again.
Old 1st June 2010, 09:15   #169
BHPian

I was really waiting for the Micra but quite frankly i find it way too boring.it feels like

Micra = i10+A Star, nothing in its looks suggests a quick stylish appeal,the way one feels in a punto,swift or figo. As many have said the interiors also look quite boring, just like a non OEM (the way we put skins on Winamp!)

Not to forget the A.S.S. ,hope nissan have in mind the value of a good A.S.S. in India. I would still go in for Swift,Punto,figo anyday.
Old 1st June 2010, 12:23   #170
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
This is the sort of thing I find very off-putting:

Nissan India

Nissan UK

The UK one I had to type. E&OE! My bold in both cases.

We're being short-changed again.
The thing here is that Indian cars are not given the sort of coating given abroad in the paint shop. I'm not entirely sure of the name though. It is manily to save on cost and due to harsh Indian conditions, manufacturers do not want to risk offering such warranties. If you check the site of any other manufacturer, you will see the same. Many dont offer comprehensive warranties in India save for luxury brands like BMW.
Old 1st June 2010, 12:36   #171
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by avishar View Post
So close to launch and still no major ad campaign.I guess they are opting more of word of mouth and discreet advertising.Or is there an ad blitzkrieg on the cards?
There was an ad about the Micra being available at the Queens Road Nissan dealer, for inspection and booking (saw this in today's 'The Hindu' and 'Deccan Herald'). Those interested can check it out. Iam not.

Last edited by WindRide : 1st June 2010 at 12:38.
Old 1st June 2010, 13:47   #172
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by designersf View Post
The thing here is that Indian cars are not given the sort of coating given abroad in the paint shop. I'm not entirely sure of the name though. It is manily to save on cost and due to harsh Indian conditions, manufacturers do not want to risk offering such warranties. If you check the site of any other manufacturer, you will see the same. Many dont offer comprehensive warranties in India save for luxury brands like BMW.
But are not Nissan manufacturing Micras here for Indian market and export? Are we really getting an inferior version on sale here?

I think too much is made of "Indian conditions" as if it is an acceptable excuse for manufacturers to offer less. I do not believe that it is.
Old 1st June 2010, 18:33   #173
NIP
Senior - BHPian

Checked it out at the showroom couple of days ago. IMO looks fugly inside out ! Park this next to the VW polo and it will look like something from Appu Ghar.
Old 1st June 2010, 19:06   #174
Distinguished - BHPian

I'm wondering just now, as a new car is becoming likely... Nissan or Polo?

I guess step one is to see them both.
Old 1st June 2010, 20:46   #175
Senior - BHPian

I for one like this car. Once the Mrs learns to drive, i would love for this to be her 1st car. Biggest reason - in 3.75 lac, this car comes equipped with an airbag. That in itself is a big selling point. Given the traffic situation and the wild ways of some folks on the road, I rate safety above FE, looks and everything else. Besides, I like the way it looks.

The dealership network is a cause for concern though. Hope Nissan pulls something similar to Ford in terms of mass inaugeration of service centers.
Old 1st June 2010, 23:52   #176
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NIP View Post
Checked it out at the showroom couple of days ago. IMO looks fugly inside out ! Park this next to the VW polo and it will look like something from Appu Ghar.
hahaha appu ghar byproduct that looks too true.I think in the race for different looks, cars are now becoming more funny and bland. Given a thought i still love the good old Zen and Honda city, they actually feel like something that would actually perform.
Old 2nd June 2010, 02:07   #177
BHPian

Boot space will be a constraint, and the looks definitely do not appeal to all. In trying to make a compromise between aping the VW Beetle and retain modern lines, I think the Micra just doesnt make the cut.
Old 2nd June 2010, 04:33   #178
BHPian

Nissan Micra...Appu ghar like....naaah... thats being harsh..atleast not from the pics on this thread ! Frankly, I like what I see...with every new model the manufacturer is pushing one more value item for competitive pricing...Micra is no different. I like the front styling (very Porsche like) and I find the rear styling quite cute (reminds you of the cabs that you get in london and our very own amby tail lights somewhat). Even though the front to rear there is a design concept mismatch, on the whole it still doesnt look that bad..it is refreshingly different. I like the simple interiors, with hatchbacks they need to non obstrusive and Nissan seems to have covered this one well. It has some mart features and very thoughtful space and functionality management. SRS Airbag as a standard is a brilliant first time offering. The rear wide windscreen is very helpful too. The 1.2 Lt spec engine inspires confidence that it won't lack basic city and highway performance. The OE stock stereo unit looks a bit tacky and makes the front dash look a bit comlicated, but at the end of the day they tried something different and it not all that bad, assuming it sounds decent. This car has certainly raised the bar in my book (assuming the ride quality/comfort and engine performance is upto market standards). If Nissan provides decent A.S.S, this baby should be able to eat into some of the more established players

- B4W
Old 2nd June 2010, 04:57   #179
Senior - BHPian

Marginal dealership & service support will be the greatest impediment for this car to success. Personally for me the design looks quite girlish , I think the female driver might prefer this car.
Old 2nd June 2010, 06:39   #180
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
I think too much is made of "Indian conditions" as if it is an acceptable excuse for manufacturers to offer less. I do not believe that it is.
I disagree with you here. India-specific constraints largely affect how a company might place their warranties.
(Although, it does not pardon them short-changing us)
Potholed roads, adulterated fuel, disinterested owners... everything works together to ensure that no car in India remains trouble-free for more than an year.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks