Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 3rd June 2010, 15:57   #196
BHPian

A lot of people don't like like the looks of the Micra.
I think it looks cute.
Unfortunately I'm not in the market for 'cute'.
I'm in the market for 'Awesome'!!!
Old 3rd June 2010, 17:12   #197
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kadanaJ View Post
A lot of people don't like like the looks of the Micra.
I think it looks cute.
Unfortunately I'm not in the market for 'cute'.
I'm in the market for 'Awesome'!!!
Very well said. somehow the cute look is out of fashion in this era of Cut throat competition. I myself will rather go for "awesome" or some looks that says i am aggressive.
Old 3rd June 2010, 18:03   #198
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai View Post
Driver airbag in every variant of a small hatch? Wow, that is a first!
"A great move" i thought, but a few moments later i was second guessing it...

- I hope the possible large cost of replacing that airbag (mostly not covered by insurance) doesn't become a dissuading factor.

- I hope this isn't more unsafe for Indian drivers, since a lot of them still do not wear seatbelts, and the airbag is designed to be a Supplementary Restraining System (SRS).

cya
R
Old 3rd June 2010, 18:34   #199
BHPian

i know its off topic but cant help but inform my friends here that Nissan have roped in none other than Ranbir Kapoor to endorse the Micra. They shot the TVC 4 days back with Kites director, Mr Anurag Basu
Guess Nissan is really bullish about their car...
Old 3rd June 2010, 18:39   #200
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rutvij View Post
Don't underestimate Micra's build quality. I happen to check out both cars one after another as their showroom's are stones throw away from each other.

Personally I was quite impressed with Micra than Polo. ... ...
Thank you, rutvij, that is a very useful comparison.

Just on the basis of online brochures and T-BHP threads, so far, I like the size, exterior looks and equipment levels of the Micra best. However, the Polo dashboard and interior looks would keep my eye happier for years to come.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rehaan View Post
- I hope this isn't more unsafe for Indian drivers, since a lot of them still do not wear seatbelts, and the airbag is designed to be a Supplementary Restraining System (SRS).
I think it is still better to hit an airbag, rather than the windscreen and/or the steering wheel.

Last edited by Thad E Ginathom : 3rd June 2010 at 18:42.
Old 3rd June 2010, 20:30   #201
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by designersf View Post
It is not as spacious as the Vista but you need to check it out in person to believe how big it actually is. I see you are in Kingston, in which case you need to wait till September-October to check it out
True. I agree that pictures do not convey the whole story.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zimbly View Post
Hey amartya, agree on ur viewpoint about the vista. the micra isnt as spacious as a vista per se, however to find a comfortable driving position i didnt have to push the drivers seat all the way back, (unlike the punto in which i did have to push it all the way back that would make the punto a 3 seater with me driving).in this comfortable drivingposition the rear seat offers ample space.
I have an indica vista and space in that car is indeed voluminous.
the pics of the micra does not do justice to the package it provides. i would suggest take look at it in flesh, it tends to grow on u.

Sure, fair enough. I would also like your perspective on the under-thigh support on the backseat.
Old 3rd June 2010, 20:35   #202
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitverma123 View Post
i know its off topic but cant help but inform my friends here that Nissan have roped in none other than Ranbir Kapoor to endorse the Micra. They shot the TVC 4 days back with Kites director, Mr Anurag Basu
Guess Nissan is really bullish about their car...
They must be betting to be a volume player then but it doesn't show from the delaer network and proposed availability.
Old 3rd June 2010, 21:14   #203
Senior - BHPian

Well they certainly have the capacity of being a volume player.Dealership should have been increased,like ford did before launching the Figo.Somehow i have a feeling nissan is not doing this correctly.
Waiting for GTO's test drive.
Old 3rd June 2010, 21:21   #204
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amartya View Post
Sure, fair enough. I would also like your perspective on the under-thigh support on the backseat.
One thing i didnt mention was that the rear seat is rather narrow, seating 3 would be a squeeze. Under thigh support at the rear is decent.
Old 3rd June 2010, 21:32   #205
BHPian

I remember newspaper ads by Nissan which came up 3-4 months ago, seeking new dealers in our state. I hope few pops up pretty soon
Old 4th June 2010, 15:00   #206
BHPian

btw micra looks like a enlarged alto from the back
a welcome addition is the standard airbags
hope this inspires all the companies to come out with airbags as standard equipment
Old 5th June 2010, 18:20   #207
BHPian

I just came back from the showroom & trust me guys, this car is dift in pics, it looks BIG when you practically see. It actually looks good...

Its elegant & as many of you have told, the rear seat under thigh support is not at all commendable. I also feel 3 people there would be tough.
Old 6th June 2010, 16:22   #208
Distinguished - BHPian

Saw the car in he flesh today ---well, in the metal, at least

It was at a busy exhibition, and was not the right time to assess the exterior looks, but, in so far as I did look at the outside, it looked fine to me.

Had the chance to sit inside for a few minutes. I was surprised at the amount of knee room. I'd say, no chance of my knees bumping the wheel, or anything else. Good, solid feel to the controls, and the central console is much less ugly than it looks in photos. For gadget-detail lovers, there is a multiple-speed control for intermittent wipe.

Minus points for a feeling that the top of the winscreen/roof is very close to the head. That, although the car seems generally spacious, makes for a cramped feel.

(also checked out the Jazz, and because it is so expensive might as well also see the City, on the Honda stand. VW had a Jetta on display, along with something much bigger (passat? I didn't look... already my "small car" requirement is beginning to creep up the size scale), but, disappointingly, no Polo. I think the company only has one for display, and wants to keep it in the showroom. Whilst sitting in the Jazz didn't do a lot for me, it is hard not to be tempted by the bigger-car comfort of the City or Jetta. By the way, the Jetta comes with the European-standard twelve-year corrosion warranty.)

But this is about the Micra. Will pay a showroom visit soon. Could certainly be happy with that car!
Old 8th June 2010, 13:15   #209
BHPian

I LIKE the Micra! Good overall features, decent safety features for its class and a nice design.

I read a couple of comments comparing its looks to the Ritz and Beat. IMO, the Micra is not comparable to either. The Micra's design is old-school, unlike "new-age" designs of the Ritz and Beat that make them look Frankesteinian. I won't be surprised if my grandchild goes hunting for first batch Micras in garages to add to his collection, or takes up a Micra restoration project with his pals

The fuel lid should have been round; would have gone well with the backlights and overall design.

Last edited by Gooney : 8th June 2010 at 13:17.
Old 8th June 2010, 16:56   #210
Senior - BHPian

Report & Pics: Nissan India appoints Ranbir Kapoor Brand Ambassador for its cars

Nissan India today announced Bollywood actor Ranbir Kapoor as Brand Ambassador for its cars at an event held at the Taj Lands End in Mumbai. Going by the success Ranbir is enjoying these days, I think its a smart move by Nissan to cash in on his popularity.(Similar strategy to what Hyundai did in 1998 with SRK) A hit especially with the ladies.

The event began with a presentation on the key features of the Micra. This was followed by Ranbir coming onto stage with 'Bachna Ae Haseeno" playing in the background. I have never seen female reporters of various new channels going into a frenzy like this before. Thats why my earlier line "Smart Move by Nissan".

Ranbir along with Mr Kiminobu Tokuyama, CEO Nissan India and Mr Abhijit Pandit, Vice President for Marketing and Operations Hover Automotive India, unveiled the Nissan Micra to the media on stage. I must admit that this car exceeded my expectations. I never really liked it in the pictures but in the flesh, its really a nice looking car. Its quite big too, somewhere in the range of the i20 in terms of size. Headroom at the rear impressed me a lot and I liked the centre console too. Stylish of you ask me. The boot space however could have been better.

A funny line by Ranbir at the event " Few years ago when I was studying in the USA, I had the chance to drive cars like the 370Z and the GTR" I'm sure you know the reason for my grin.

I had the chance to chat up with Mr. Abhijit Pandit over lunch about Nissan's future plans for India. Some important points worth a mention:
  • A total of 9 models in India by the end of the fiscal year 2012.
  • A production of 1,00,000 cars per anum by end fiscal 2012.
  • Nissan plans to have 100 dealers all across the country by 2013.
  • The Teana and X Trail will both go the CKD way soon. Fantastic move IMO.
  • The Micra will be exported to all of Europe and the Middle East from India.
  • The petrol Micra will soon by followed by the diesel model powered by a 1.5 litre engine. No news on CVT yet but I seriously feel this car has a good potential with a CVT box.
  • 400 cars have been booked since the car has been displayed at various showrooms.
  • Nissan will begin a multi media ad campaign starting June 10th 2010. This will also include TV commercials featuring Ranbir. We had a preview of two ads which would be hitting TV screens in two days time.
Some pics from the event

Mr Abhijit Pandit, Mr. Kiminobu Tokuyama with Ranbir Kapoor

New Nissan Micra : Full details & specs. EDIT - Launch on 14th July!-01.jpg

New Nissan Micra : Full details & specs. EDIT - Launch on 14th July!-02.jpg

New Nissan Micra : Full details & specs. EDIT - Launch on 14th July!-03.jpg

Last edited by Dippy : 8th June 2010 at 16:58.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks