Team-BHP > Electric Cars

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 28th May 2010, 19:45   #31
Senior - BHPian

Mahindra has stated in an interview that the R&D of reva and mahindra will be kept different."Reva R&D is a small bunch of passionate people that needs to be kept just that"

First products:The maxximo light carrier and NXR.
Old 28th May 2010, 19:55   #32
BHPian

New look?

The pictures on the first page kindda look cool. I am not much of an admirer of Reva's current design seen on Blore roads. I wonder if anyone else has the same opinion.
With this buyout, we might see more Reva's across the country. My friends and relatives used to give a 'whats-that-tiny-car' look when they came visiting here.
Old 28th May 2010, 21:00   #33
BHPian

very smart move by mahindra . I can see a E-LCV and a electric bike from mahindra 2 wheelers. Since Reva's motor was small anyways , how about a electric super bike mahindra?
Old 29th May 2010, 00:33   #34
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ancientmariner View Post
The pictures on the first page kindda look cool. I am not much of an admirer of Reva's current design seen on Blore roads. I wonder if anyone else has the same opinion.
The older Reva is surely unconventional in the looks. But it has been designed to be the best electric vehicle on the road. So the focus is on minimizing unnecessary frills that would add weight or affect the aerodynamics.

FYI the Reva started offering tubeless tyres much before they became mainstream on the hatches. Low rolling resistance.

Point is, you may not like the design but it works. When you see it from the other perspective, I am sure you would appreciate it. And to me the older Reva looks cute!
Old 29th May 2010, 02:52   #35
BHPian

Saw this New On Testing Reva in BLR :
Looked faaarr better

Mahindra acquires majority ownership of Reva (Electric Cars)-1.jpg

Mahindra acquires majority ownership of Reva (Electric Cars)-2.jpg

Mahindra acquires majority ownership of Reva (Electric Cars)-3.jpg

Mahindra acquires majority ownership of Reva (Electric Cars)-4.jpg

Mahindra acquires majority ownership of Reva (Electric Cars)-5.jpg
Old 29th May 2010, 03:43   #36
BHPian

I don't know if it's the pics or the colour or what? But somehow, I do not like this all that much. Any idea what model this is?
Old 29th May 2010, 11:19   #37
BHPian

Photoshop artists please show us how the new reva under M&M look with the trademark toothed grill.
Old 29th May 2010, 13:05   #38
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by honeybee View Post
Mahindra have already launched a Micro-Hybrid version of the Scorpio, with a battery pack in the rear.
Mahindra's Micro Hybrid is different from battery power. It simply switches (shuts) off the engine while idling. Please refer the below link:

Mahindra Micro Hybrids, First Drive Mahindra Micro Hybrids - Special Coverage - Zigwheels

But I would love the option of buying an affordable hybrid SUV/MUV . With the acquisition of Reva (okay majority stake only) it seems possible in future.
Old 29th May 2010, 13:34   #39
Senior - BHPian

Mahindra-Reva stand to gain from their complimentary competencies. Reva can leverage Mahindra's procurement, marketing, technical and distribution channels, while future Mahindra vehicles - light commercial, UVs and 2 wheelers will borrow technology from Reva. Sensible investment for Mahindra.
Old 29th May 2010, 13:35   #40
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CARDEEP View Post
Mahindra's Micro Hybrid is different from battery power. It simply switches (shuts) off the engine while idling. Please refer the below link:

Mahindra Micro Hybrids, First Drive Mahindra Micro Hybrids - Special Coverage - Zigwheels

But I would love the option of buying an affordable hybrid SUV/MUV . With the acquisition of Reva (okay majority stake only) it seems possible in future.
OMG, is it so? I remember reading in an auto mag (last year) about a Scorpio that had a battery pack in the back. It was more of testing than a production-ready vehicle. I was under the impression the Micro-Hybrid would be the same.
Old 30th May 2010, 00:18   #41
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Car-Agey View Post
Photoshop artists please show us how the new reva under M&M look with the trademark toothed grill.
I'm no photoshop expert, but couldn't resist trying my hand at this.
Must say it looks a lot more ugly with this grille.
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra acquires majority ownership of Reva (Electric Cars)-untitled1.jpg  

Old 30th May 2010, 05:39   #42
BHPian

@Neur0t0xin - A very good attempt. M&M can resist putting their toothed grill on Reva cars too. The picture on first page is very cool.
Old 30th May 2010, 20:45   #43
BHPian

Mahindra surges forward

Quote:
Originally Posted by devarshi84 View Post
Mahindra is on a Roll. first Kinetic's 2-wheeler business and now RECC. Also news are doing the round that Mahindra is looking to take up stake in ICML.
......And Now comes the news that Mahindra submits letter of intent for Ssangyong Motors

Mahindra submits letter of intent for Ssangyong-Automobiles-Auto-News By Industry-News-The Economic Times

This is really encouraging news..If this deal goes through, Mahindra will also get state-of-the-art technology for SUVs as well as footprint in japanese,korean and other south east asian markets...
Old 30th May 2010, 22:17   #44
Senior - BHPian

In one liner- Mahindra's have secured their future!
Old 31st May 2010, 11:01   #45
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adg_andy View Post
......And Now comes the news that Mahindra submits letter of intent for Ssangyong Motors

Mahindra submits letter of intent for Ssangyong-Automobiles-Auto-News By Industry-News-The Economic Times

This is really encouraging news..If this deal goes through, Mahindra will also get state-of-the-art technology for SUVs as well as footprint in japanese,korean and other south east asian markets...
What about the Ruias, they too were in race for Ssangyong. I believe there are more international players as well.
I think we are going to see a round of intense bidding at the international level, similar to JLR.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed