Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th May 2010, 20:32   #1
BHPian

Car expressions

Hello friends,

Have you ever been to a pet-shop to buy a puppy? Well, I have! There may be 25 different puppies, only 1 or 2 will impress upon you. Why? It is simply because of their expressions. It may be the tail-wagging or being friendly; but sure enough, the decision is definitely made by their expressions. You will take home the smartest looking, friendliest and healthiest puppy. Well, can that be compared to automobiles? You bet!
How can cars have expressions when they are inanimate? Trust me! Cars are not inanimate. When the engine is running, they are alive and awake. When the engine is not running, they are alive and resting. When you select a car in a show-room, the experience is very similar to that of a pet-shop. The car you buy has impressed upon you because of the same qualities as a pet; the looks, friendliness and health.
2 cars of the same make and model will not look exactly alike. Why? Their expressions are different.
Recently, after a long drive, I was hungry and I stopped at a restaurant. When I got back to the car, I was surprised at the way my car looked! It looked tired and not very happy. I decided to stay the night and resume my journey the next day. In the morning, I found the car already washed by the garage boy where I parked and the car looked clean and well-rested. Did I detect a smile? I sure did!

Cars have many different expressions. With the variety of cars that are on the roads to-day, with a little observation and a little imagination, we can actually feel the individuality and personality of them. They may vary from sober to aggressive; lazy to hard working. Some times it can be hard to decide whether it was a beauty or the beast!
What do you think

Last edited by Technocrat : 28th May 2010 at 20:09. Reason: Only 2 smilies per post allowed, please read the board rules carefully, thanks
Old 27th May 2010, 20:43   #2
Senior - BHPian

LOL!! Good discussion topic.

I feel the Spark has a cute smiley face. Its as if its welcoming you to drive it around.

In contrast I feel i10 has an angry face with a french beard type bumper design (no offense to i10 owners)

This is just me!
Old 27th May 2010, 20:48   #3
BHPian

Interesting topic. When I was a little kid, I used to draw cars and buses with happy face, sad face etc. My mom says I also used to get scared of vehicles with their mouth wide open (i.e. front radiator grille missing).

Indeed, when cars look at you, they are either smiling, being sad or just indifferent.
Old 27th May 2010, 20:49   #4
Senior - BHPian

Nice thread.

My good old Fiat was hibernated for almost a month because of rains in Bangalore. On Tuesday, when I opened the garage door, I really felt like the FIAT was saying me thats its bored sitting in the garage for soo long.

I immediately connected the battery terminals and took her for a long drive to Bengaluru Airport POM POMing her Jalwa horns all the way.
Old 27th May 2010, 20:56   #5
Senior - BHPian

My favorite car Premier 118 NE was in a garage for suspension overhaul for two weeks.

Yesterday when I went to take the Delivery I felt like my NE was missing me a lot as I drive her daily.

What a feeling it was when I started driving her. The engine(with FFE) sounded like my NE was screaming in happiness and when I drove her in potholes it was like my NE was jumping in joy.

Last edited by funkykar : 27th May 2010 at 21:07.
Old 27th May 2010, 20:56   #6
BHPian

Whenever a car like Amby is parked in front of a green bush/shrub, to me it looks like the car is eating grass :P

The happiest front has to belong to Nano. Its always smiling (-:
Old 27th May 2010, 21:08   #7
Senior - BHPian

My other car is Premier Padmini S1. I had some rally type stickering done and also added a sunshade. When I saw her at the garage today, I felt it said, I am sporty, yet I look classic
Old 27th May 2010, 21:17   #8
BANNED

Cant we put some photos of individual cars and explain the expressions.

Pictures speak louder than words you see

Every time i take out my Bug , it says.

" So Buddy, how many smiles are we gonna spread out to the world today"
Attached Thumbnails
Car expressions-dsc_6594.jpg  

Old 27th May 2010, 21:22   #9
Senior - BHPian

^^This yellow bug made me SMILE now.

Few cars have CHARACTER and such cars tend to express their feelings more.

Some people might feel funny while reading this thread, but yes cars too have feelings and expressions which it's true lover(s) can feel and understand them.!
Old 27th May 2010, 21:46   #10
BANNED

Another car that caught my attention.

My friends NE (With me Most of the Time)

Has the Best Executive expression seen on any car so far.
Attached Thumbnails
Car expressions-118ne-1.jpg  

Old 27th May 2010, 22:16   #11
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAVAN KADAM View Post
Another car that caught my attention.

My friends NE (With me Most of the Time)

Has the Best Executive expression seen on any car so far.
Undoubtedly. It has a executivish royal exppression . The house at the background, completes the picture.
Old 27th May 2010, 22:44   #12
Senior - BHPian

Every old gen car gives an expression. Even some old time trucks and buses too. The headlamps look like eyes, side mirrors like ears, grill like a nose/mouth.

Out of all, when I were a kid, I always felt the Herald sported a grinningly angry look
Old 27th May 2010, 22:59   #13
BHPian

The indicas smiley grill is one happy face.
Spark and Nano are the cutest.most modern designs though look too uptight and mean.
Old 28th May 2010, 01:21   #14
Senior - BHPian

To me the new Audi with their trade mark angry looking eyes (frowning upon commoners on road) and aggressive grille represents the Brute Force Of Capitalism. Almost as if saying(and true also in most cases) that the owner of this car bulldozed his way through the masses and reached where he/she is. Get out of the way before the predator consumes you also. Ahem. Ok I think I went overboard.
Old 28th May 2010, 01:58   #15
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The happiest front has to belong to Nano. Its always smiling
Very True!

Car expressions-dsc_0110.jpg

Why so serious? Let's put a smile on that face!
Car expressions-dsc_0221.jpg

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks