Team-BHP - Lancer slashes prices by 90K
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Lancer slashes prices by 90K (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/8256-lancer-slashes-prices-90k-3.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by lamborghini
8L on road. That is what we paid for as COMPANY REGISTERED car in Mumbai, after finance and BETTER TYRES.
btw BUFFETFAN,
According to ACI, the difference b/w the lancer and baleno's FE is just 0.1 kmpl in the baleno's favour.
Trinadha,
the 1.8L auto is a real rip off agreed but the prices quoted for the 1.5 were really high.
Oh and the LX in the lancer does not qualify it directly to the base model. We are talking price wise where it compares to Baleno VXi.

lamborghini...can you let me know which of the Lancer features put it way above Baleno Lxi???

(which again..is not a riped off base model). The Baleno Lxi comes with Electrically adjustible mirrors, Tilt steering, Power Windows and central locking as standard!!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by devarshi84
and yeah mitsubishi's asset care program is a bonus.

so while you get your lancer at a cheap price with the remaining money get is modified for more power and looks.

btw just to not get much carried away. With the update just round the corner it is better to wait

is 3 year / 50 k warranty better than the 4 year / 80 k that you will get with the Maruti??? By just paying Rs 4k extra and you can easily negotiate this too as part of the deal

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buffetfan
lamborghini...can you let me know which of the Lancer features put it way above Baleno Lxi???

(which again..is not a riped off base model). The Baleno Lxi comes with Electrically adjustible mirrors, Tilt steering, Power Windows and central locking as standard!!!

all these features are available on the lancer lx that you mentioned above. Please get me a seat height adjuster in the baleno lxi as a matter of fact.

pay 4k more at HM and you will get more warranty but you wont get the asset care program on baleno.

You own a baleno no doubt and it remains a good car. I own a lancer no doubt and it remains a good car.

so lets stick to the topic whether lancer makes a great buy at the new price or not.

discuss the baleno/lancer comparision on the other thread. :)

you can purchase a new seat that will fit!!! not that I miss it :)..

Yes, Lancer remains a good car and I like its loks over the Baleno...still maintain that I cant trade the performance of the Baleno over the looks of lancer

delete this post. double posting.

This is what lamborghini wanted to say. People are underestimating this car.

Lancer is not just about good looks. It is comfortable, It handles well is equally Fuel efficient and equally powerful

bsmotoring's tests show lancer to be faster than the baleno(different drivers, different styles, different engine conditions, Different car suitability)
Autocar show FE of baleno to be 9.6 (DOnt tell me you never crossed double digits)
Autocar shows Lancers accelration to be around 13secs to the ton( I know its faster)

If NHC can be Fast with 1077kg weight and just 77bhp then why cant a lightweight lancer with 87 bhp be faster????

As I said I am not tryin to sell lancers. NO. Dats not my motive here. I am trying to show that lancer is a highly underestimated car, thanks to HM's marketing policies.

I would agree with Devarshi. I have been with Lancers and Esteem for quite a while.
I love the Lancer.
It just not the emotion to the car. But the way the car performs.
The numbers do give away the car, giving an impression that it is under powered.

Recently a friend of mine took his lancer diesel on the ECR highway that connects. Chennai and Pondy

He cruised at 140+ without any vibrations or anything on the car.

If you plan to do a quater mile on the car, you are bound to lose.
But it is a pleasure to drive.

The maintanence on the vehicle is also low, if you know about your car.

If you are a person who prefers to go authorised service centers only and would drop your car at the garage and pick it up without paying attention to the changes then Lancer would prove expensive.

I am not trying to sell the car though. I am only expressing my views on this aging legend

Quote:

Originally Posted by raajks
The maintanence on the vehicle is also low, if you know about your car.

If you are a person who prefers to go authorised service centers only and would drop your car at the garage and pick it up without paying attention to the changes then Lancer would prove expensive.

Rightly said. These showroom guys make hell lot of money in services with the help of insurance claims. Find out a good relaiable alternative for the company showroom & I bet you will spend not even 20% of the amount you spend for servicing/reparing in showrooms.

Maintaing a Lancer has become pain until we find an excellent alternative.

I disagree on the view of not servicing the cars through authorized dealers.

I have had a horrible experience with not going to an authorized dealer for service and that was the first and the last time I experimented.

dealers quality also differs from dealer to dealer. some are good and some are bad. for eg people find sureka auto to suck but I have found autonova to be real good.

lancer has a 3 year service plan with asset care now so you don have to pay even for spares. so I dont have to worry unless the dealer is not reputed. I am satisfied with my service at the autonova imtsubishi ahmedabad.

RaajKS the pity is many go with numbers on the spec sheet. Lancer is a highly underrated car in the Indian market today because HM sucks at their marketing policies. Many still dont know about the lancer 1.8 when its been selling for a year now.

Thanks for that. I did hear that asset care is taking care of Lancers for 3 yrs.

I have a personal mechanic who services all cars. I have known him for 2 yrs.
I sit in the garage and work with his team when they work on the car.

This increases my knowledge factor and I can give them right feedback as we take it for a test drive. I feel this has increased my knowledge about cars.

As I work more with cars the love I have for them has increased. This is when I realise that Lancer is an awesome machine.

I would have saved atleast(ATLEAST)

I would have saved atleast 20 K on the car. I am sure the Authorised dealers would not let you in. nor will they give you the small tips that would help you to better understand your car.

Different people, Different views. But I am glad that I found a Lancer lover in Dev

Only get free services done at the lancer place.
The remaining at Swadi, Mumbai where i can sit and see what they are doing to the car.
But am plnning to get the remaining services from outside as the lancer people can't do s***.

Mods,
can you merge the following with my post above?
Thanks

For Buffetfan and the likes -
Lancer LX OTR Mumbai - 7,20,000 (after discount)
Baleno VXi OTR Mumbai - 7,27,000 (after discount)

Both prices taken from JMD and discounts on an outright purchase.

Now,
the Baleno clearly wins feature wise as it offers Alloy wheels, tubeless tyres, spoiler and an MP3 player along with the usual lancer features. Oh and a climate control.
Now for 27K extra one can get all those stuff fitted in the lancer except the climate control. So the price difference equates to roughly 20K between these two cars. (I have included a KnN filter in the figure which increases performance and FE)
Now,
In order to make up the 20K extra and the climate control a.c.,
the lancer will offer you better warranty, better FE, equal performance (remember, i have added a KnN to the list), better handling and stability at high speeds (what is the point of having a high performance car if it makes you s*** in your pants everytime you take it over 120 kmph?), better looks, better interiors (both in design and quality), a more upmarket tag, a more refined engine, and a much, much better car o drive and even learn in.

Now Maruti on the other hand, will offer you a dealership everywhere you turn your head, cheap spares and a whole bucketload of crap excuses to why the Baleno is a better buy and most importantly, a better quality brochure. Oh and a better ride but only slightly and the ALL IMPORTANT climate control a.c.
Think about it.

Any lancer owner here check out www.thelancerclub.com?
It is well.. a... a lancer owners club and you get special rates on a few stuff here and there. Can someone check it out please as it isn't opening on my comp for some reason.
Thanks.

Hey lancer owners,

I have seen my lancer bonnet opened and my doors pads out and the rear seat out at the authorized dealers. I sat at Cama motors for hours for the window motors(they are a bit weak). I sat there and learnt how they repair the car. I also do the same at kataria maruti and respect the repairing guys to educate me better on the cars.

my a/c on the car was not running cool after some years. the guy asked me to splash the readiator with water to clear up the dust particels and bingo. It was chilly during the long ride we took that day.

Now I can solve most of the minor knick knacks myself thanks to them.

I dont know why you have not been allowed in the service centers.

PS:- (off topic) I have seen a mercedes benz s-class being serviced and it was awesome. They plug in a laptop to the car and then just run a check. Superb chhe. clap:

One clarification on the Asset Care program.

As per the website, the free service/sparesare not applicable to the LX model. It's for the higher models.

http://www.lancerinindia.com/diff/af...ost_petrol.asp