Team-BHP - Lancer slashes prices by 90K
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Lancer slashes prices by 90K (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/8256-lancer-slashes-prices-90k.html)

Is it that still they sell their Bharat Stage II variant. They say they have slashed their price & also mentioning they have increased the cost for Bharat Stage III

http://inhome.rediff.com/money/2005/oct/24hm.htm

Maybe they just want to create a bit of space for the Cedia pricing .. that is if they are planning to sell both the current version and the Cedia parallely.

Lancer price cut is for BSII only.

Nice but we somehow only paid 20K more oTR for a company registered car in Mumbai.
Did they have a price hike in the middle?

they aer taking the old price into account. The lancer LX was previously available for 6.93.

but 6.59 is too good a price to resist. The lancer is newer and better than baleno)except power) and has more features too.

The price cut is certainly to bring in the new cedia and help this lancer survive. Wonder if they will increase the prices after this current lancer is redone.

Quote:

Originally Posted by devarshi84
but 6.59 is too good a price to resist. The lancer is newer and better than baleno)except power) and has more features too.

@Devarshi, could you elaborate on that a bit .. I mean a few points in comparison between the Lancer LX features and the current Baleno VXi (6.76 Ex-showroom).

Price wise I'm not sure if HM has any offer on insurance and regn ... if not, then the OTR would be around 7.2 for the Lancer

The VXi can probably be had at approx the OTR price, if not slightly less .. insurance is still free + 15K discount + finance discount

This is considering the finance discount for both cars ...

That is an awesome news, this price cut means. The second hand Lancer prices would also drop.

I am planning to get a second habd Lancer....Cool. Thanks for sharing the info.

Shuvc -
It is like this -
As we also own a lancer and were thinking of baleno before this -
Lancer -
Better handling stock
Better looks stock and modified
Engine can be modified to any extent
Perfect gearbox and steering
Better Quality interiors
Better 14" tubeless tyre - not alloys

Baleno -
More Power
More comfortable
Cheap 13'' tubed alloy wheels.

Average is the same but the lancer engine feels much more refined and driveable. They both have a spoiler but lancer has a better image (both for young people and status wise) and 14" wheels which i think are tubeless.

Quote:

Originally Posted by lamborghini
Shuvc -
It is like this -
As we also own a lancer and were thinking of baleno before this -
Lancer -
Better handling stock
Better looks stock and modified
Engine can be modified to any extent
Perfect gearbox and steering
Better Quality interiors
Better 14" tubeless tyre - not alloys

Baleno -
More Power
More comfortable
Cheap 13'' tubed alloy wheels.

Average is the same but the lancer engine feels much more refined and driveable. They both have a spoiler but lancer has a better image (both for young people and status wise) and 14" wheels which i think are tubeless.

Thanks.
What I was interested in was a feature match, vis-a-vis the price at which we are getting it .. between the Lancer LX and the 'new' Baleno VXi .. both in stock form ..

Btw, current VXi has 185/65 R14 tubeless alloys and climate control ..
And, I saw a brand new Lancer LX today with 175/80 R13 tyres .. didn't note whether they were tubeless though .. does the base Lancer come with 14" wheels ?

Quote:

Originally Posted by shuvc
Thanks.

I saw a brand new Lancer LX today with 175/80 R13 tyres .. didn't note whether they were tubeless though .. does the base Lancer come with 14" wheels ?

no the base lancer doesnt come 14'' wheels . it comes with 13'' tubetype tyres 175/80/r13 :D

Quote:

Originally Posted by bhp
no the base lancer doesnt come 14'' wheels . it comes with 13'' tubetype tyres 175/80/r13 :D

hmmm .. and I also recall that they were MRF's.

How will you compare the lancer with Honda city ? I guess the later has the better mileage advantage . Why should some one opt for lancer against city ? I have no inputs on both the cars. Hence asking,.

90k is a huge discount..but i don't think it's gonna improve their sales a LOT cuz of the tough competition from optra,baleno, city, corolla etc. it doesn't have a chance with these cars in terms of comfort(except baleno)

the optra 1.6 takes all other cars by their horns when fully loaded. Otherwise the lancer is better than NHC or baleno. HM is updating this lancer completely(not the cedia but the old one).

Lancer LX comes with 13inch wheels which helps in ride but 14" are available at a minute cost. I dunno much about the 14" wheels on baleno though and the website doesnt mention it. maybe available now though.

the lx is the complete basic model introduced by HM to help the dealers keep less inventry.modifications are completely possible from the dealers at a cost(dealers take the unused parts back at the same price) which is not possible on baleno.

Against the baleno

pros of baleno

auto AC
performance better than lancer
ac is more powerful and cools faster(better than the mercedes)

pros of lancer

stills holds the poise and luxury value which the baleno misses out.
engine is extremely silent( baleno engine is a touch noisy in comaprision but silent though)
sporty design and robust desing(body is shared with evo 6)
best ride and handling
more space and comfort
dual a/c vent( no dual compressor just extra ventsbut helps in equal cooling)
you can modify to any extent both the body and the engine
refined engine keeps up with the baleno and is more driveable in the city with flat torque
(bsmotoring rated lancer's engine just a second off the 1.5 OHC but rated it better in handling than the OHC)
comes with a mp3 cd player/cassette tuner system which baleno misses out

NHC against the lancer

pros of the city

new design(Its still a debated issue whether the car looks good or bad but looks fresh)
better interiors

pros of the lancer

equally Fuel efficient
equally comfortable and spacious
more powerful
more sporty and more modifications possible
lancer looks loved by all but NHC looks are still a debated issue
better ride and hanling
low NVH levels while driving compared to the city
dual vents A/c is better than the NHC

now check for yourself and tell me which makes for a better car to buy. I have tried to be as impartial as possible to give a real picture.

Quote:

Originally Posted by devarshi84
Lancer LX comes with 13inch wheels which helps in ride but 14" are available at a minute cost. I dunno much about the 14" wheels on baleno though and the website doesnt mention it. maybe available now though.
comes with a mp3 cd player/cassette tuner system which baleno misses out

Well , I actually got tired of waiting for some official ad from MUL .. hence I wrote to them regarding the changes .. MUL responded and said that the VXi changes are (as already discussed in the New Look Baleno thread) ... Climate control AC, 185/65 R14 tubeless, MP3/CD player + the tail lamp wish wash :)
So I guess, feature wise, the VXi is now fully loaded when compared to what one gets in a Lancer and the City (both at a slightly higher price i.e. more than 7L OTR. Baleno is <7L OTR).
Note here that I am talking in terms of a price point, so the Optra is not in the picture.