Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 2nd June 2010, 18:45   #16
BHPian

Well The rear windows roll down only 50% in quite a few hatchbacks.
Old 2nd June 2010, 18:51   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wonderwheels View Post
Price hike ?!! the figo has just been launched and selling close to 10,000 in a very short time does not justify the hike. I have booked mine on 15th April and awaiting delivery, does this mean I have to shell a couple of thousands more for my dealers lethargy ! come on Ford be a sport !
You'll probably have to pay the OTR price at the time of delivery. That's how it usually works in car sales. Hope Ford does right by its customers.
Old 2nd June 2010, 18:55   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vishnurp99 View Post
Well The rear windows roll down only 50% in quite a few hatchbacks.
could u please name a few just for my info
Old 2nd June 2010, 19:22   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MileCruncher View Post
Also please remember Swift DDiS is a Rattle King after some time
I'm not sure if I my car (Swift VDi) has reached the time you had in mind, but I dont hear any rattles in my Swift which has done 30K. Atleast not rattles that are loud enough to get them noticed.
I have had people complaining of rattles in Swift but I for one not have experienced in my Car and in my friend's VDi which has done about 5K now. Just my 2 cents!
Old 2nd June 2010, 19:34   #20
BHPian

The Punto and Palio have rear glasses which don't roll down fully.

There are 2 ways they do it . for cars like swift the rear windows itself are very small so that the glasses go down fully. Some car makers don't prefer this since it gives a claustrophobic feel. So they have windows which don't roll down fully. I agree that they can be better designed. I prefer the airiness of the windows rather than a claustrphobic feel.

Last edited by vishnurp99 : 2nd June 2010 at 19:38. Reason: needed to add more info
Old 2nd June 2010, 19:51   #21
Senior - BHPian

Is the price increase both on the petrol/diesel variants ?

I really had expected a price increase when the prices were first announced - the fact that sales have been really excellent have encouraged Ford on a price hike without much concern about the possible drop in sales.
Old 3rd June 2010, 00:19   #22
BHPian

Even with a window that goes down only 60 p.c. of the way, power windows make sense. In some situations, such as when 3 people are riding in the rear seat or you have to pay the guy at the toll booth, it becomes cumbersome to wind down the windows by hand
Old 3rd June 2010, 00:33   #23
BHPian

I feel that power windows should had been the provided at least on the Titanium even if they went down 60%,and alloys and fog lamps should be there on the top model.Also tilt steering is missing.

A customer would be ready to shell out more for these features,and off course a version with a more powerful 100 hp engine for the driving enthusiasts.
Old 3rd June 2010, 04:34   #24
Senior - BHPian

I would tend to agree with Spindoc, having rear power windows even with the windows rolling down only 60% is a good option. The main question is, at what cost. If the cost is not prohibitively high(which I am sure it isn't), I think Ford India would eventually raise the price (As is said in this thread) and offer this feature.

On the other hand, this might happen when they have a model refresh later on.
Old 3rd June 2010, 08:35   #25
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam_sant2005 View Post
What I have heard is that Maruti has used all top quality injectors, precision tuning and stuff along with the engine and hence got so much for that car.
And for that 'feel' and refinement you gotto give special marks to Swift.

I test drove i20, punto, i10, vista, ritz, figo and finally the Swift and hence i didnt have much problem in deciding the king of diesel!
PS: Iam booking my Swift today
Congrats on your swift. Agree with most things you said except the one quoted above. The Ritz feels tuned differently because of its bigger catalytic converter to meet BSIV norms. Even the BSIV Swift feels different than the BSIII ones if you have driven both. Nothing to do with quality/precision tuning stuff.

Swift for young?... But Swift is old!! Just kidding

Quote:
Originally Posted by wonderwheels View Post
Price hike ?!! the figo has just been launched and selling close to 10,000 in a very short time does not justify the hike. I have booked mine on 15th April and awaiting delivery, does this mean I have to shell a couple of thousands more for my dealers lethargy ! come on Ford be a sport !
Every manufacturer does this especially in the hatch segment. Thats how they create the initial response. I think you should be eligible to get the car at the present price if you book now. Do contact Ford Customer Care for First Hand information.
Old 3rd June 2010, 08:54   #26
BHPian

Quote:
could u please name a few just for my info
Hey man, you cant call it a bad design. It is the compromise between styling and practicality. There is always a trade-off. In the Swift, the rear windows are small (and the rear window is actually split into two separate ones) and thus the intrusion of wheel arches doesnt really matter. In the Spark, the rear windows only wind down by 60-70%.

Last edited by designersf : 3rd June 2010 at 08:56.
Old 3rd June 2010, 12:12   #27
BHPian

Quote:
PS: Iam booking my Swift today
Whats the wait time Sam ?
Old 3rd June 2010, 12:25   #28
BHPian

Quote:
For many who don't know the reason for that => Its because the rear wheel arch of Figo is so badly designed (wheelbase compromise) that it doesnt allow the glass to slide full down.
i tried my best explaining the same many months back.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post1701631
please check if it explains properly.
Old 3rd June 2010, 18:38   #29
BANNED

Quote:
??? Any truth in this? What about the price?
I was kidding about the limited edition figos . Normally Ford does a limited edition with more features for the same price or lower prices .
Old 8th June 2010, 07:59   #30
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranjith.rajaram View Post
Whats the wait time Sam ?
30 to 45 days is what they said for my chosen colour - Azura Grey. Though he said some colours like Silver etc are readily available (RAC ). As and when my loan gets thru I will go for any one which is on offer except black!

Most Viewed