Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd June 2010, 16:01   #1
Senior - BHPian

Hyundai increases labour rates again

Maintaining a Hyundai just became more expensive.
Yesterday my santro became dirty and stale, stinking like anything and today I went to a Hyundai A.S.S. to get it washed and seen that as against Rs. 287 I used to pay earlier, I now have to pay Rs. 320. Thats daylight robbery.

The Periodic Maintenance Service of santro and I10 is whopping Rs. 830, an increase of about 10 percent as compared to 750 earlier.

And we thought that maintaining Hyundai is cheap..

The labour rates were increased from June 1, 2010 (yesterday) at an average of 10-15 percent depending upon the job to be done.
Old 2nd June 2010, 16:30   #2
BHPian

Then I was just saved by the bell. I did my third service on the 28th of May and was charged old rates. But this is definitely bad news. A hike of 10% to 15%. I would expect them to send a communication to this effect to its customers. Thanks for posting this useful information.
Old 2nd June 2010, 16:34   #3
BHPian

Servicing a Hyundai was never cheap when compared to Maruti/TATA. Its just become more expensive in that case.

My Getz will certainly go for service outside of Hyundai, unless its for something major. I'm in the process of finding a good mechanic outside and have a year more to go before warranty expires.
Old 2nd June 2010, 16:47   #4
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by krish3 View Post
Servicing a Hyundai was never cheap when compared to Maruti/TATA. Its just become more expensive in that case.

My Getz will certainly go for service outside of Hyundai, unless its for something major. I'm in the process of finding a good mechanic outside and have a year more to go before warranty expires.
My bro has a Getz 1.3 and we did the 3rd free service around 20th May. Do you feel it is wise to get these newgen Hyundais serviced outside of
Hyundai A.S.S ?
If it is Rs.830/- for paid service for a Santro, probably it will be closer to Rs.1000/- for the Getz.
Old 2nd June 2010, 16:50   #5
BHPian

Maruti dealerships charge Rs 200-250 for wash and vaccuum and a hike of 10-15% is just too much on Hyundai's part.
Old 2nd June 2010, 16:55   #6
BHPian

Why do you go to the A.S.S. for just a wash and not a car-wash centre which is much cheaper in any case?
Old 2nd June 2010, 16:57   #7
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhay View Post
Why do you go to the A.S.S. for just a wash and not a car-wash centre which is much cheaper in any case?
Last time at the free check up camp, they gave me a free dry cleaning coupon which I had to avail, and yesterday's stinkiness to my interior meant that I had to avail that facility.
They dry cleaned my car FOC (job well done by capital, noida, as usual), but I paid for washing/cleaning.

Last edited by sidindica : 2nd June 2010 at 17:01.
Old 2nd June 2010, 16:58   #8
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by krish3 View Post

No way man. Maruti labor is much moer expensive than Hyundai. I had a taste of both recently. My Gypsy was at Maruti Service Masters, Okhla and Getz at MGF, Okhla.

MSM charged 675 each for all four shockers replacement, 900 each for front and rear suspension over haul (leaf spring), 700 for opening dashboard (to fit air-vents). I don't remember other labor charges, but it were very high.

On the other hand, MGF charged me 250 per shocker for replacement. Once the vents in Getz were closed, due to leaves stuck in them. They removed the dash board, and cleaned cwol assembly - for 250.

I'd say Hyundai is much more reasonable than Maruti.

Nitin
Old 2nd June 2010, 17:48   #9
BHPian

My story for Hyundai Sales service.

1. Unjustified charges, the Service center Guy on my 5th paid service (charges Rs 2500) he said that Brakes are not checked in regular servicing added charged Rs 850/- in jobsheet to which i said i have much better knowledge than you and this is not 1st time am getting my car serviced with you people.
2. Wheel alignment after a checking with him he added another Rs 1600/-
3. Tyre Rotation he added another Rs 250 /-

By this time i lost my temper and shouted loudly " kitna Loote ho public ko Mujhe sirf Wheel alignment karke dena aur servicing ki koi jaroorat nahi " to which he started pleading " apke brake ka problem hai and all blah blah ".

Gave it only for wheel alignment, it was 9.30 am in the morning i was assured that i will get call around 3 pm for collecting my santro. waited till 5.30 pm no call from their side so called them service advisor kept my call on hold finally again 10 mins wasted no result disconnected called again and asked receptionist whether my car was ready to which i got reply yes. Went to service Center, met service advisor saw my bill the amount for wheel alignment was earlier Rs 1600 was only Rs 380 with taxes plus free tyre rotation and car washing and free polishing as a compliment from them.

Paid money did not check for alignment issue after 3-4 days the problem again started with car moving to Left side. Informed my Father to which he said try something different than Hyundai Service Center. Called our local garage mechanic who looks after maintenance of 118 NE addressed all the problems to him gave him car took 2 days all the problems solved

Since thereafter giving my Santro and Sumo Grande for Servicing to him he does nice job without any hassle plus free pick-up and drop service.

Prior to this i had very good experience with them, a Service advisor named Uday use to take care of all the things and never duped me for anything irrelevant. unfortunately he had left the job.
Old 2nd June 2010, 18:11   #10
Senior - BHPian

I too did find hyundai service more expensive compared to the other brands of cars I've owned, recently I got the accent serviced at 25k kms, I provided the engine oil for replacement and had categorically told them not to add any extras (bardhal engine flush, bardahl engine additive etc) and not to perform any alignment and balancing, the bill came to about 4500/- just for a plain service without any replacement of parts or complaints.
Old 2nd June 2010, 18:31   #11
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by driving_smartly View Post
My story for Hyundai Sales service.

2. Wheel alignment after a checking with him he added another Rs 1600/-
3. Tyre Rotation he added another Rs 250 /-
How on earth can somebody quote Rs 1600 for wheel alignment? It costs around 300 in the best garages/alignment shops.

Did that fellow give you a written estimate for this? And did you agree to the alignment job for Rs. 1600? If the answer to the second question is yes then I will surely advise you to visit some good garages to get an idea about regular servicing job rates.
Old 2nd June 2010, 18:53   #12
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cesc View Post
How on earth can somebody quote Rs 1600 for wheel alignment? It costs around 300 in the best garages/alignment shops.

Did that fellow give you a written estimate for this? And did you agree to the alignment job for Rs. 1600? If the answer to the second question is yes then I will surely advise you to visit some good garages to get an idea about regular servicing job rates.
Yes it was quoted in their job-sheet provided to me. Yes i did agree for the same rate as i wanted to get it done badly, because the next day i had to leave for Pune which was all of sudden decision and could not search for any other option by then.
But then bashing him up with words did some trick, while receiving the car he did charged reasonably and that was my last experience with those people, but bashing them does not work always and do not care for people who try to swindle around.
After which i shifted to local garage who is well equiped with all the facilities and does pretty good job at reasonable rates, much better than hyundai's Exorbitant rates
Old 2nd June 2010, 20:06   #13
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntomer View Post
No way man. Maruti labor is much moer expensive than Hyundai. I had a taste of both recently. My Gypsy was at Maruti Service Masters, Okhla and Getz at MGF, Okhla.

MSM charged 675 each for all four shockers replacement, 900 each for front and rear suspension over haul (leaf spring), 700 for opening dashboard (to fit air-vents). I don't remember other labor charges, but it were very high.

On the other hand, MGF charged me 250 per shocker for replacement. Once the vents in Getz were closed, due to leaves stuck in them. They removed the dash board, and cleaned cwol assembly - for 250.

I'd say Hyundai is much more reasonable than Maruti.

Nitin
Labour for a gypsy might be more. Please check the maruti labour chart for Swift/Dzire labour charges and compare with Getz. Gypsy is a different category altogether.
Old 2nd June 2010, 20:38   #14
Senior - BHPian

Labour charges for accent were 7xx something last december,any idea what they will be now?
same as i10 and all or more?
Old 3rd June 2010, 00:59   #15
BHPian

1600 for alignment is unheard of.You were taken for a ride by your service centre.300 is what is the maximum you pay.
did you check the standard Hyundai rates for this job?I feel that this is not Hyundai's rate.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks