Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 3rd June 2010, 14:07   #1
Senior - BHPian

Honda 2CV caught?

Just a while back, I was passing Honda plant at greater Noida, and turned right just adjacent to it.

Honda 2CV caught?-dsc04844.jpg

The second pic shows a typical stockyard with many bold beige Citys standing.

Honda 2CV caught?-dsc04848.jpg

Now, look at the third pic. I was driving on the opposite side of the adjoining road (the other side is under renovation so both sides traffic is on the same road as of now)

Honda 2CV caught?-dsc04849.jpg

A white civic was going and behind it were these 2 small cars (DEAD SURE NOT THE JAZZ as it appeared to be much smaller in size and had a flat roof) which all of a sudden took a turn and hide themselves, only a part of the roof and antenna (marked by circle and an arrow) is visible.

I was driving my jazz, of course, so I think that these could be the first shots of the 2CV, but still not sure/confirm.

for that 10 seconds I had a glimpse, one was white and the other was probably red, was much smaller and maybe looked similar to the concept. The silhouette appeared to be cab forward and the dimensions appeared much smaller. This I clicked with maximum zoom, that's all I could do.

I waited there for 15-20 minutes and nothing happened. Roamed back again and-no sight. All of a sudden, they disappeared the time I came back for the second round.
Maybe better luck for me next time..

Last edited by sidindica : 3rd June 2010 at 14:23.
Old 3rd June 2010, 14:15   #2
BHPian

but are'nt the two small cars in the picture pointing towards the opposite direction of the civic?
Old 3rd June 2010, 14:15   #3
BHPian

ANHC has the same view, I think it's of ANHC.
Old 3rd June 2010, 14:22   #4
Senior - BHPian

That's the reason I have put a question mark on the title. maybe. maybe not. Silhoutte looked like hatch. Visibility beneth those high walls was almost close to none.
They are opposite to that civic, because hey took a sudden U-turn after that civic passed.. But they also appear to be much lower. The civic has a lower height than the ANHC.
Old 3rd June 2010, 15:40   #5
BHPian

I dont think Honda would leave the 2CV undisguised, even inside their plant. Think the number of visitors and vendors visiting there everyday. Had it been the 2CV, it would have definitely been disguised.
Old 3rd June 2010, 16:30   #6
BHPian

@Sid

Don't you think they could be just employee cars? So many cars have that short antenna.
Old 3rd June 2010, 16:47   #7
Senior - BHPian

Why did they name it the 2CV? Reminds me of that wobbly old Citroen. LOL

Shan2nu
Old 4th June 2010, 09:27   #8
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shan2nu View Post
Why did they name it the 2CV? Reminds me of that wobbly old Citroen. LOL

Shan2nu
The old Citroen 2CV was also called as the "Ugly Duckling"
Old 9th June 2010, 20:53   #9
BHPian

Honda will never leave their yet to launch vehicle in their parking. More over IIRC their small car is to be built from their Rajsthan factory, where they transfered some of their trouble making employees.

One thing is important to note that a car manufacturing process require a great amount of water while Rajsthan has scarcity of it.

HSCI has a big think tank but it is difficult to understand why they bought land in Rajsthan for a car manufacturing unit.
Old 10th June 2010, 00:01   #10
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joy73US View Post
Honda will never leave their yet to launch vehicle in their parking. More over IIRC their small car is to be built from their Rajsthan factory, where they transfered some of their trouble making employees.

One thing is important to note that a car manufacturing process require a great amount of water while Rajsthan has scarcity of it.

HSCI has a big think tank but it is difficult to understand why they bought land in Rajsthan for a car manufacturing unit.
I don't think u are right. If thats true Chennai will not have so many manufacturers...
Old 10th June 2010, 01:43   #11
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruiser_1982 View Post
I don't think u are right. If thats true Chennai will not have so many manufacturers...

What is the total amount of water used to manufacture a new car, including tires?

39,090 gallons per car.

Source :- Water Trivia Facts

Also HSCI plant in Greater Noida started production in less than 2 years that too when UP has a lot of political unstability. This Rajsthan Plant news started in May 2007 and as per the news on internet it will start its production by 2012 but may delay further as the Greater Noida facility is capable to meet the current requirement.
Old 10th June 2010, 09:37   #12
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruiser_1982 View Post
I think Car plants in chennai are well outside city / suburban area to face water shortage and these areas do not face water shortage in summer.

2CV is the code name for this car? Hope it is not the final name when launched. At first when I saw the title I thought it was a typo for LCV

Most Viewed