Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 30th October 2011, 18:08   #406
BHPian

re: Mahindra Testing sub-4 meter XYLO. EDIT : Fresh PICS on Page 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr_ark View Post
Thank You so much for the info Ajay.
So we can expect the Mini Xylo by March-April 2012. It was tough to make up my mind to wait for 6 more months for the Mini Xylo. I shall be cancelling the vista I've booked.
@dr_ark: Have you already canceled your booking? Could you please elaborate on why are you betting big on mini xylo? Do you have the specs? Please PM me if you have details on mini xylo.
Old 13th November 2011, 15:24   #407

Hi Ajay.
Any news ???
Old 13th November 2011, 19:21   #408
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr_ark View Post
Hi Ajay.
Any news ???
Not this year for sure. Most likely launch will be around Auto Expo (Jan 2012). At the time Maruti Ertiga is also expected to be launched. Personally I will wait till Auto Expo.
Old 13th November 2011, 19:43   #409
Senior - BHPian

Isn't Ertiga a competition for the Innova? Or the normal size Xylo? Where does the mini-xylo figure in this?
Old 13th November 2011, 20:21   #410
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashutoshb View Post
Isn't Ertiga a competition for the Innova? Or the normal size Xylo? Where does the mini-xylo figure in this?
These vehicles (Mini-Xylo & Ertiga) are suited for a family of 4 (2 of them kids) and occasional guest travelers (friends/parents etc.) in 5-8 lakh segment. Innova does not justify its price tag for the purpose, while Bolero etc are too crude and uncomfortable. Besides both have TAXI image. Mini Xylo's high GC will be a bonus for traveling on our broken roads.
Old 13th November 2011, 20:50   #411
Senior - BHPian

From the reports, it appears the mini Xylo will be a seven seater, but it'll have jump seats in the rear instead of a forward facing third row, which the Ertiga has. But still, lets see both the vehicles in the flesh, only then one can tell.
Old 13th November 2011, 21:44   #412
BANNED

Saw a mini-Xylo covered in all white cloth heading towards Mumbai yesterday. I could not take a snap as it just passed me, I was heading towards Nashik. I think Mahindra is planning to display it at the Auto Car performance show (just a guess).
Old 14th November 2011, 13:06   #413
Senior - BHPian

I think they have parked them just at the entrance of the Kandivali plant; I saw 2 of them there. But someone, they looked big to me and I assumed that its the facelifted Xylo and not the mini.
Old 15th November 2011, 11:11   #414
Senior - BHPian

Had a chance to meet a person who was involved in this project. According to him lot of built to cost 'jugaad' done in this vehicle (internal components) and vehicle may not be reliable in the long run. His advice "never buy this vehicle"

According to him MM may shock the market with killer pricing just like the XUV

Last edited by Latheesh : 15th November 2011 at 11:31.
Old 15th November 2011, 11:27   #415
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latheesh View Post
Had a chance to meet a person who was involved in this project. According to him lots of built to cost 'jugaad' done in this vehicle (internal components) and vehicle may not be reliable in the long run. His advice "never buy this vehicle"

So is the XUV also made of all the "jugaad" stuff??

I just hope not. Because if Mahindra is doing so, it may affect the Mahindra image badly.
Old 15th November 2011, 13:00   #416
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latheesh View Post
Had a chance to meet a person who was involved in this project. According to him lot of built to cost 'jugaad' done in this vehicle (internal components) and vehicle may not be reliable in the long run. His advice "never buy this vehicle"

That is a really poor remark from the person. I sure doubt his credibility of involvement in the project. Now what kind of a person working in a project would advise anyone to "never buy this". Mate I think it would set the cat among the pigeons.

But a killer pricing just like the XUV is a big welcome for any Indian customer. We would anyway know the kind of vehicle it is only when we have it in flesh.

P.S. - No offense meant to anyone or to defame any person, just my opinion on reading the post
rajess_in is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th November 2011, 13:08   #417
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajess_in View Post
That is a really poor remark from the person. I sure doubt his credibility of involvement in the project. Now what kind of a person working in a project would advise anyone to "never buy this". Mate I think it would set the cat among the pigeons.
Absolutely. On the contrary, a person directly in the design team had vouched for it, and had asked me to wait for it!
ajay0612 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th November 2011, 14:12   #418
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajess_in View Post
He just mentioned long term reliability due to some "jugaad" designs used. Hope he is wrong!

Last edited by Latheesh : 15th November 2011 at 14:16.
Old 15th November 2011, 16:58   #419
BHPian

Knowing Mahindra and their growth ambitions I would beleive Mahindra will come up with a killer and also they would be eyeing markets abroad once it clicks in India.

Again Ertiga will be a 7 seater and will handle a different segment altogether not Sure it will compete with mini xylo. I guess it will be like a mini Innova.

Last edited by vinukm : 15th November 2011 at 17:01.
Old 16th November 2011, 13:25   #420
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinukm View Post
Knowing Mahindra and their growth ambitions I would beleive Mahindra will come up with a killer and also they would be eyeing markets abroad once it clicks in India.

Again Ertiga will be a 7 seater and will handle a different segment altogether not Sure it will compete with mini xylo. I guess it will be like a mini Innova.
You know how it goes in measuring the lengths of a skirt, if mini Xylo is mini then the Ertiga might be a mid(i) and the Innova and Xylo the Max(i)
ranc is offline   (2) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks