Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 16th January 2012, 11:15   #511
BHPian

re: Mahindra Testing sub-4 meter XYLO. EDIT : Fresh PICS on Page 38

I am also one of those eagerly awaiting the mini-xylo. However it's important at what price point it will be launched.

I did some calculation and to me the base version of the car will be priced at around 5.7 Lakh, if we assume Mahindra will save 20% in manufacturing and another 12% in taxes. What do you think about these calculations and the assumptions?
Attached Images

satishchugh is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th January 2012, 12:46   #512
BHPian

Big Launch by M&M today

According to sources, M&M is gearing up for a big launch today afternoon.

But, it still needs to be ascertained whether its the face lifted Xlyo, or the all new Mini-Xylo, which will be launched today. I feel it will be the mini-Xlyo, as they are said to be launching a new vehicle.

Eagerly waiting to see what M&M is adding to its stable today !
Old 17th January 2012, 13:53   #513
Senior - BHPian

Re: Big Launch by M&M today

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhas View Post
According to sources, M&M is gearing up for a big launch today afternoon.

But, it still needs to be ascertained whether its the face lifted Xlyo, or the all new Mini-Xylo, which will be launched today. I feel it will be the mini-Xlyo, as they are said to be launching a new vehicle.

Eagerly waiting to see what M&M is adding to its stable today !
Typical Mahindra Launch preparation starts at least 30 days from launch date with everyone knowing about it. We also see at least a week before the launch date we have soft launches on websites, forums etc. We are seeing no such activity now. So I do not think there is any launch that is planned for today.
Old 17th January 2012, 13:54   #514
Senior - BHPian

Any news on this? What sources are you referring to?
Old 17th January 2012, 17:39   #515
BHPian

It is something to do with Scorpio. Just received an email from Mahindra with this link - :::::: THE BIG DADDY :::::::

Between, any comments on my calculation of mini-Xylo pricing?
Quote:
Originally Posted by satishchugh View Post
I am also one of those eagerly awaiting the mini-xylo. However it's important at what price point it will be launched.

I did some calculation and to me the base version of the car will be priced at around 5.7 Lakh, if we assume Mahindra will save 20% in manufacturing and another 12% in taxes. What do you think about these calculations and the assumptions?
Old 17th January 2012, 19:57   #516
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by satishchugh View Post
It is something to do with Scorpio. Just received an email from Mahindra with this link - :::::: THE BIG DADDY :::::::
It merely pertains to the release of the animation film “Scorpio as The Big Daddy of Cars” – Created by fans for all Scorpio fans!
(Source: mahindra scorpio - Wall | Facebook)
Quote:
any comments on my calculation of mini-Xylo pricing?
It appears to be quite reasonable.
I have learned from sources that some NVH issues are holding up the launch. Armed with the success of XUV M&M is taking it easy on resolving the issues too soon.
Old 31st January 2012, 16:51   #517
Distinguished - BHPian

So here comes the latest update from IAB.
Quote:
We’re informed by sources that Mahindra engineers are told to work on the powertrain to cut out vibration and noise after the management was unsatisfied with the results during periodic evaluations
New and exclusive set of mini Xylo/Compact Xylo spyshots!

Mahindra Testing sub-4 meter XYLO. EDIT : Fresh PICS on Page 38-minixylo1300x225.jpg

Mahindra Testing sub-4 meter XYLO. EDIT : Fresh PICS on Page 38-minixylo2300x225.jpg

Mahindra Testing sub-4 meter XYLO. EDIT : Fresh PICS on Page 38-minixylo3300x225.jpg

Edit:: Hormazd [ACI] updates that the refresh / face-lift Xylo [normal] will be out in a month's time & the test production started on 29 Jan 2012! He also mentions that there will be improvements all around!

Last edited by swiftnfurious : 31st January 2012 at 17:00. Reason: Adding "Edit: portion
swiftnfurious is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th February 2012, 04:00   #518
BHPian

These spyshots from testing in Europe give clear shot of the vehicle without cloth disguise, export versions? The front seriously needs a change, the facelift spotted at the stockyard in an another thread was much better.

Mahindra Mini Xylo spied cold weather testing - Photos
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra Testing sub-4 meter XYLO. EDIT : Fresh PICS on Page 38-13092278071345383911.jpg  

Mahindra Testing sub-4 meter XYLO. EDIT : Fresh PICS on Page 38-1691668073245689596.jpg  

Mahindra Testing sub-4 meter XYLO. EDIT : Fresh PICS on Page 38-1717160566405831079.jpg  

Last edited by RIC.BURNS : 5th February 2012 at 04:01.
RIC.BURNS is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th February 2012, 15:35   #519
Distinguished - BHPian

Oh freak! This has the same face as the current Xylo. When they have already worked on the face-lift version which looks better, why haven't they changed the nose of mini-Xylo ?
Old 5th February 2012, 16:01   #520
BHPian

May be Mahindra & Mahindra will continue to Manufacture the Xylo Mini with old nose and Current Xylo with the changes as spotted in dealers stock yard in other thread of team-bhp.

Also we cannot deny the fact that Xylo's new facelift design would have come at a later stage or in designing stage during the manufacturing of these test mules and therefore Mahindra used the same old design in Xylo Mini

There is also possibility that the Xylo mini will come with new facelift, but for that we need to see it in flesh
Old 5th February 2012, 19:55   #521
BHPian

^^ or maybe they want to launch the Mini Xylo with in the current avatar and later (Maybe a year down the line) to boost the sales, come out with the facelift?
Old 5th February 2012, 20:33   #522
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by driving_smartly View Post
May be Mahindra & Mahindra will continue to Manufacture the Xylo Mini with old nose and Current Xylo with the changes as spotted in dealers stock yard in other thread of team-bhp.

There is also possibility that the Xylo mini will come with new facelift, but for that we need to see it in flesh
Having mini Xylo & Xylo with two different "looks" should cost more when it comes to production cost. From what I understand, the more part sharing, lesser costs & better profit.

Again, if the mini Xylo is going to come in the facelifted version, why would they test the old design. I believe change in design might result in change in structural parts and hence doesn't make sense to use an old design for testing, if they don't plan to bring it in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsessedByFIAT View Post
^^ or maybe they want to launch the Mini Xylo with in the current avatar and later (Maybe a year down the line) to boost the sales, come out with the facelift?
Ahh, so first screw up the sales with the old design & then boost huh? But that would be an expensive move. I know a lot of people reject Xylo for it looks. And I believe M&M realized it and worked on the face lift version, what's the point in bringing another vehicle with the same looks? To me, design of the car in that segment is very important for sales.

But then, as said, we can only speculate till we see in flesh!

Last edited by swiftnfurious : 5th February 2012 at 20:35.
Old 5th February 2012, 20:38   #523
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
Ahh, so first screw up the sales with the old design & then boost huh?

But then, as said, we can only speculate till we see in flesh!
Not to screw up actually. May be to make it look different from the new gen Xylo. Else the shorter one would look just like the bigger one has been chopped at the back!!

And since the Dyes and machinenary is already setup and functional, it will help in lowering the production costs.

Just my 2 cents worth!
Old 6th February 2012, 10:21   #524
SRK
Senior - BHPian

Guys,

I tried cracking this one.

Front grill might be a mix between the New grill and the Genio's grill.
Bumpers could be the old one with new fog lamp cladding and a blackened center grill. (thats what I could make out from the spy pics)

By the way, what do you think this one would be named?
How about JUNIO??

Source: IAB

Mahindra Testing sub-4 meter XYLO. EDIT : Fresh PICS on Page 38-xylo_mini.jpg

Regards,
SRK

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsessedByFIAT View Post
Not to screw up actually. May be to make it look different from the new gen Xylo. Else the shorter one would look just like the bigger one has been chopped at the back!!

And since the Dyes and machinenary is already setup and functional, it will help in lowering the production costs.

Just my 2 cents worth!
Yup! Feel same.
It wouldn't be wise for them to keep the same looking face on the bigger one and the Mini.
Atleast I as a customer would want them to make some differentiation. The front end of the Mini Xylo is going to be a mix and match stuff to create a new refreshed look, while still keeping the development cost low, thats what I think.

All in all, the product does look quite good, will sure takes sales figures of M&M higher

Last edited by SRK : 6th February 2012 at 10:30.
SRK is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th February 2012, 00:54   #525
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RIC.BURNS View Post
The front seriously needs a change, the facelift spotted at the stockyard in an another thread was much better.
Agreed 100%. This front looks but-ugly and come to think of it, I have been waiting for this launch with such excitement!! This is a huge dampener, if true.

Let's hope M & M has better sense than to release this one.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks