Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 31st May 2011, 20:33   #301
BANNED

re: Mahindra Testing sub-4 meter XYLO. EDIT : Fresh PICS on Page 38

Its height is causing the disproportion. A flattened design like the following may help, IMO:
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra Testing sub-4 meter XYLO. EDIT : Fresh PICS on Page 38-mahindracompactxyloside.jpg  

Last edited by romeomidhun : 31st May 2011 at 20:35.
Old 31st May 2011, 21:26   #302
BHPian

Re: SCOOP! Pics of an unknown test mule. Please help me identify it

Quote:
Originally Posted by beejay View Post
Where did you take these pictures? The ghats, where?
Yes, I spotted the test mule on the ghats. It was heading towards Ooty from Masinagudi.
Torque123 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 1st June 2011, 01:22   #303
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluengel180 View Post
Looking at the side profile.There is NO way this is 5+2,i wonder why the the thread title was changed without any proof
Watch the picture below carefully & you'll get the Answer by yourself that why everyone here is calling it a 5+2 seater.

ANS: The Rear foot-step.
IMO its smallish boot-section might be having the small Jump-seats, meant for kids only.
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra Testing sub-4 meter XYLO. EDIT : Fresh PICS on Page 38-mahindracompactxylorear.jpg  

CRtorquefan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st June 2011, 14:17   #304
Senior - BHPian

^^ Good observation, CRtorquefan

I too was wishing, like Romeomidhun, for a flatter height with a stiffer suspension for slightly better handling.

Eagerly waiting for test drive reports, if and when a BHPian gets hold of a test mule / early production model !
Old 1st June 2011, 15:23   #305
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by romeomidhun View Post
Its height is causing the disproportion. A flattened design like the following may help, IMO:
I can say this looks nice. For me it looks like the have reduce the wheel size so that the height of the over all car become less. But for me they have done a chop up job at the back. Sudden end or the rear. Better they have shrink the whole vehicle proportionality would have give better look.
Old 1st June 2011, 15:30   #306
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRtorquefan View Post
IMO its smallish boot-section might be having the small Jump-seats, meant for kids only.
Incorporating jump seats in so little space is only possible if the rear seat is pushed forward and that'll reduce the leg space for rear seat occupants. Doesn't seem like a good idea to me.
Old 1st June 2011, 16:01   #307
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by directinjection View Post
Incorporating jump seats in so little space is only possible if the rear seat is pushed forward and that'll reduce the leg space for rear seat occupants. Doesn't seem like a good idea to me.
Xylo is already having huge legroom for each row & there's nothing harm in taking 1 or 2 Inches from the middle row to accomodate the set of jump seats in the boot. Even after that It'll remain more spacious than its targetted rivals.
IMO, For this car Mahindra seems to be having plans to target bigger families also, in addition to present it as lifestyle vehicle for singles.
Old 1st June 2011, 16:54   #308
Senior - BHPian

^^I dont see how reducing 2 inches from legroom can accomodate jump seats, but then I hope it is also available without these jump seats for smaller families who dont neeed them (and could do with the additional leg room in the rear seat itself)

I hope they havent put in face to face seating at the back instead of the rear seat! just kidding
EDIT: spotted the side foot step extends to the rear side doors

Last edited by selfdrive : 1st June 2011 at 16:55.
Old 1st June 2011, 17:09   #309
Senior - BHPian

I had seen the test mule couple of months back on NICE road. No way it can accomodate 7 in comfort. It is best suited for 5 people + good luggage space. I agree with some of the comments here, it looked like a grown up Santro.

Mahindra have been following other manufacturers till now. For a first time they are trying to enter a segment where no competition exists. So I wont be surprised if they are able to sell 6-10 K per month. :-)
Old 7th June 2011, 11:54   #310
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

I feel that the 5 + - 2 seater and cab options that M&M are working on in various version of the Xylo will do well for the company overall. It is a new segment at a new price point and it is good to see them take first shot out here at it.

There are so many possibilties as such that this can explore. It will porbably not excell at any one task but be reasonably effecient at many and that should sell as a value proposition in India
Old 7th June 2011, 13:53   #311
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACM View Post
I feel that the 5 + - 2 seater and cab options that M&M are working on in various version of the Xylo will do well for the company overall. It is a new segment at a new price point and it is good to see them take first shot out here at it.

There are so many possibilties as such that this can explore. It will porbably not excell at any one task but be reasonably effecient at many and that should sell as a value proposition in India
Yes, the pricing will determine that, though I think its mostly targeted for the rural markets unless the (serious) identity crisis puzzle is solved at launch.

How about the safety aspects - especially wrt the centre of gravity for a sub-4 metre "hatch" this tall?
Old 7th June 2011, 14:05   #312
Senior - BHPian

Mahindra will need to launch this soon so that it can gain a foothold before Maruti launches the Rlll.
Old 7th June 2011, 17:29   #313
BHPian

Saw the car being tested on the Trimbakeshwar road under wraps this sunday. i felt it delivered a good road presence and not as awkward a stance at it seems to deliver in the pictures. also it seemed a little less likely that it will be able to accommodate seats in the third row, it simply wasnt long enough! yes, there was a spare tyre on the rear door.

the wraps were so properly fitted (as it was just existing the Mahindra premises there) that it looked like a car with stripes painted on it.

sorry no pictures though.
Old 8th June 2011, 15:29   #314
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Equus View Post
How about the safety aspects - especially wrt the centre of gravity for a sub-4 metre "hatch" this tall?
Note that it is a MUV converted to a small car category vehicle by reducing length only with a 1.5L diesel engine.

Hence, the drivability, body roll, suspension, ground clearance,etc. will be typical to the MUV vehicles and one can't expect a small car level.

The sloping roof profile, though puts a question mark on the headroom for the jump seats though.
Old 15th June 2011, 01:45   #315
BHPian

Recently came across the Exclusive first review from DWSmember, posted on their website page
Spy shots, exclusive first drive of Mahindra Mini Xylo | DWS Auto India

IMHO, 3-cylinder engine is a Big letdown but overall the car seems to be promising.
FE quoted there is 18kmpl Overall.

Last edited by CRtorquefan : 15th June 2011 at 01:46.
CRtorquefan is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks