Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 6th April 2012, 10:18   #586
Senior - BHPian

Re: Mahindra Testing sub-4 meter XYLO. EDIT : Fresh PICS on Page 38

Looks like they have given this the New Xylo look (a good thing). I wonder why the vehicle has not yet launched though. We've been spotting test mules for quite sometime now.

We need a replacement for our Bolero and this one is definitely on the list.
Old 6th April 2012, 13:28   #587
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by parrys View Post
Hello Guys,

A friend of mine spotted this Test Mule on his way to Shirdi near Igatpuri.
I assume the car is almost ready to be launched since the person driving the car is from the upper management team.
Notice that the model has alloys and not the regular wheels which are used during testing. The new front grille can also be seen.
My friend also mentioned that the spare wheel is mounted at the rear to give a distinct SUV look.
Attachment 912242

Thanks to Jiten Valmiki for the image.
Also look at the rear seats, they have plastic protection on them, that normally is in cars which are ready for sale and not on trial cars
Old 6th April 2012, 16:45   #588
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nbr View Post
Will the new mini Xylo be called X300, because as per attached pic, on the rear glass on the top,there is a small label as X300 .I like the name X300 , Mahindra might be trying to use the goodwill recieved through X500 . Image source : Motoroids.com
Guys

X stands for "X"ylo and 300 is the prototype number. As mentioned by somebody else, 302 is not a different variant but yet another prototype.
If it were a scorpio prototype, it would have been named S--- and a B--- for a bolero test prototype.
Cheers
wild child is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th April 2012, 18:03   #589
MAS
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by parrys View Post
Hello Guys,

A friend of mine spotted this Test Mule on his way to Shirdi near Igatpuri.
I assume the car is almost ready to be launched since the person driving the car is from the upper management team.
Notice that the model has alloys and not the regular wheels which are used during testing. The new front grille can also be seen.
My friend also mentioned that the spare wheel is mounted at the rear to give a distinct SUV look.
Attachment 912242

Thanks to Jiten Valmiki for the image.
The so-called "Mini" Xylo looks BIG. I feel that it will compete against the Ford Ecosport and Renault Duster. I hope Mahindra has got the driving dynamics spot on. This looks as tall as the Xylo, but shorter and narrower (may not be). I am worried if the CG of the car is too high for medium-fast cornering.
Old 6th April 2012, 19:05   #590
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wild child View Post
Guys

X stands for "X"ylo and 300 is the prototype number. As mentioned by somebody else, 302 is not a different variant but yet another prototype.
If it were a scorpio prototype, it would have been named S--- and a B--- for a bolero test prototype.
Cheers
But Xuv 500 was named as W201 as the code.
You meant to say they would be numbered as X300,X301 etc?
Old 7th April 2012, 08:28   #591
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashley2 View Post
But Xuv 500 was named as W201 as the code.
You meant to say they would be numbered as X300,X301 etc?
Good question Ashley.
To add on, the scorpio pickup being exported was code named w408 during testing.
So as far as I see, «W» might denote World SUV.
Old 7th April 2012, 10:59   #592
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by don_carmaster View Post
hello mates!,
to reveal that whatever the designs are shown out here will actually not be in the production line and they are just for the testing purposes, they want to keep the looks as asurprise, as they have learnt from the reaction they have received from people coming to buy the XUV. Considering that part, they would like to design it more contemprory than functional.keeping my fingers crossed! and expecting for a new wonderful design.

Cheerio
that if true is indeed good news! i too had a feeling that whether Mahindra use the Xylo name since it has been the only under performer in its stables (Boloero, Scorpio & XUV are still doing well). Theres also a lot of talk about new compact SUV being worked in M&M and may be this is a disguise to fool lot of people.

Anyway looks like an interesting battle coming in the Compact SUV (Even before even one serious contendor is released)! Lets wait and watch this space for more action
Old 11th April 2012, 23:44   #593
BHPian

Hey guys, spotted this test vehicle from Mahindra on the Mumbai Nashik Highway on 6th Apr. Am guessing this is the sub 4m Xylo. The vehicle, as can be seen from the pics, is heavily camouflaged. Attaching a few pics that I managed to take.
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra Testing sub-4 meter XYLO. EDIT : Fresh PICS on Page 38-1.jpg  

Mahindra Testing sub-4 meter XYLO. EDIT : Fresh PICS on Page 38-2.jpg  

Mahindra Testing sub-4 meter XYLO. EDIT : Fresh PICS on Page 38-3.jpg  

interest is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 20th April 2012, 21:38   #594
Distinguished - BHPian

Looks the grille is not of the old Xylo and is infact of the new one.
Looks like final bit of testing as the people inside looks like senior officers.
Old 27th April 2012, 20:12   #595
Senior - BHPian

I had all the time in the world to check out this new mini xylo today as the people who were driving it stopped for lunch at A2B ulundurpet. I couldnt take any pictures as my phone was almost dead, and nevertheless we have all the pictures available in this thread earlier. Some observations from my side.

- Test car was white in colour, carried the new xylo face, Dimensions very similar to the xylo.
- Tyres are downsized, Must be 15 inchers. test car was running bridgestone duellers AT's.
- Interior in beige shade, very similar to the new xylo.
- This can no way be called as mini SUV. Both front and rear seats are high perched, looked very awkward. Only reason why people may think so is since the spare is mounted on the tail gate. This looks more like a grown up wagon-R. Rear leg room looked pretty decent.
- Dont think so there could be any room behind the rear row for any jump seats, space is very limited.

After seeing it in flesh, I wish mahindra had lowered the roof line a bit, which would have aided driving dynamics too. Not too sure how it drives, but at the most this can be an alternative to an hatchback with a high seating position, I wouldnt go to the extent of calling this as mini SUV though.

Last edited by bala80 : 27th April 2012 at 20:14.
bala80 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 2nd May 2012, 17:12   #596
Senior - BHPian

Anyone heard any news on launch dates?!
Old 18th May 2012, 18:43   #597
Senior - BHPian

Motorbeam have reported an article on fresh sighting of the Mini Xylo being tested (albeit high speed testing) & here is the link to their report & pics:

Mahindra's Mini Xylo Chases Us | MotorBeam - Indian Car Bike News & Reviews

Though they also have mentioned (reference to unknown sources) that the Renault's K9K motor can be used instead of the originally planned 3 cylinder diesel, but, I do not feel that it may be true/ correct.
Old 18th May 2012, 19:03   #598
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CARDEEP View Post
Though they also have mentioned (reference to unknown sources) that the Renault's K9K motor can be used instead of the originally planned 3 cylinder diesel, but, I do not feel that it may be true/ correct.
I Agree. If they use Renault's unit, they have to pay a premium on every engine thereby increasing prices and it would not be a competitive pricing strategy. In house engines would need lesser premium and maybe they would take the Maximo M2CRD engine and add a cylinder and push it into the Mini-Xylo.
Old 18th May 2012, 19:10   #599
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nbr View Post
Will the new mini Xylo be called X300, because as per attached pic, on the rear glass on the top,there is a small label as X300 .I like the name X300 , Mahindra might be trying to use the goodwill recieved through X500 . Image source : Motoroids.com

Have a feeling that this will be called XUV-300

Trying to cash in on the XUV-500 popularity
1100D is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd May 2012, 08:54   #600
BHPian

Saw this car on the Pune-Mumbai Eway, a week ago. The first glance in the orvm, and the front grill design gave it away - its a Mahindra!

why all that excess stickering?

There were 2 guys in the car, and they were speeding, sverving, overtaking on the Eway, just like out from a Bond movie.

First impression :- looked like a 'mini' xylo, but spacious..

Ertiga will have some competition?
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra Testing sub-4 meter XYLO. EDIT : Fresh PICS on Page 38-imag08271.jpg  

Attached Images

Last edited by Monaro CV8 : 22nd May 2012 at 09:14.
Monaro CV8 is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed