Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 20th June 2012, 15:43   #631
Senior - BHPian

Re: Mahindra Testing sub-4 meter XYLO. EDIT : Fresh PICS on Page 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herbie98 View Post
Spotted the mini Xylo being carried in Eicher van near Kudligi (NH13).
Thanks for the pic! The truck carrying the Xylo is a Tata.
Old 20th June 2012, 20:04   #632
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for the pic! The truck carrying the Xylo is a Tata.
True, the Truck is Tata. On that day I was too keen to observe the Xylo in the truck and thought it was Eicher. But yesterday, after posting the picture i observed that it was a Tata, wanted to edit the post but couldn't find the 'Edit' button
Old 22nd June 2012, 10:30   #633
BHPian

Saw a Mini Xylo on university road Pune today, while going to the office. Maybe it was at ARAI for some testing. Tried to speak with the driver but got no response. The mahindra logo was left unwrapped on the spare wheel cover on otherwise fully covered vehicle. It may be done on purpose also!
Cheers
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra Testing sub-4 meter XYLO. EDIT : Fresh PICS on Page 38-mini-xylo.jpg  

coriollis is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd June 2012, 22:52   #634
BHPian

Some how I feel that this car is very dis-proportioned. The full sized Xylo is already too high, and if they shortened the length then ... It will be extended version of the Tata Ace At this tall car with short length will not this car will be unstable ?
Old 23rd June 2012, 09:09   #635
jp1
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sowmya View Post
Some how I feel that this car is very dis-proportioned. The full sized Xylo is already too high, and if they shortened the length then ... It will be extended version of the Tata Ace At this tall car with short length will not this car will be unstable ?
Every vehicle in Mahindra SUV/Utility stable are unstable at speed beyond 90 kms/hr may be with exception of XUV 5OO. So Mini xylo wont be an exception. With so many new offering coming in from other manufucturers in SUV category, may be Mahindra's days of free run is going to end unless they improve their overall design for vehicle stability.
Old 23rd June 2012, 10:29   #636
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jp1 View Post
Every vehicle in Mahindra SUV/Utility stable are unstable at speed beyond 90 kms/hr may be with exception of XUV 5OO. So Mini xylo wont be an exception. With so many new offering coming in from other manufucturers in SUV category, may be Mahindra's days of free run is going to end unless they improve their overall design for vehicle stability.
I dont really agree to that.

I have driven the Scorpio Refresh and I have driven it till 130 kmph. Yes, it is not as planted as my Punto, but then that is not what I can or what I would expect from it.

I have also driven the Fortuner and very honestly, there is not a HUGE difference between the stability of the Fortuner and the Scorpio. It is all in the mind. The only area where Fortuner was much better than the Scorpio was in steering feedback.

Lastly, we should not forget that M&M knows how to make cheap, powerful, feature loaded and durable SUVs, that is their forte. International brands may have better products but they come at a price. So I dont see anyone challenging M&M in the SUV sector in a long time to come.
raj_5004 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd June 2012, 11:03   #637
jp1
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj_5004 View Post
I dont really agree to that.

I have driven the Scorpio Refresh and I have driven it till 130 kmph. Yes, it is not as planted as my Punto, but then that is not what I can or what I would expect from it.

What I meant is Stability in a difficult situation. On a straight road at 130 and braking harsh may not be an issue. Try it at that speed while cornering and braking due to an emergency or on a smooth/slippery surface at that speed and apply brake, you will be asking for trouble.
On competition, yes price is an advantage, but Duster/Ecosport etc are going to be priced starting from 7 lk (as per speculation), then it is going to change the game. See what Ertiga has done. Comparing Xuv 5OO pricing, the pricing of Bolero, Scorpio, Xylo, Thar etc are on the higher side in my opinion.

Sorry for deviating from the subject, let us get back to Mini xylo. Still no news on the launch?

Last edited by jp1 : 23rd June 2012 at 11:08.
Old 23rd June 2012, 11:43   #638
BHPian

I did have a chance to see the vehicle June last year during an event hosted by the company.I was expecting a very disproportionate and confused looking vehicle.but it was'nt to be-it did look good!! infact it along with the XUV500 were the showstoppers.
it was the beta version i guess, came in 7 seater config, with 2 jump seats at the back,with the headlights similar to the old xylo and reworked grill.The interiors were the same.the Back was the best part- could see a lot of inspiration from the new Jimny only difference being the tail lamps going all the way to the top.
The side profile does look a bit awkward.but should be just a matter of getting used to!Stability-cant comment.Pictures not too confidence inspiring though!!
I, for one,wouldnt be the 1st person to buy this vehicle.wait for a few months for mahindra to clean up their customary 'new vehicle glitches'.should be a blockbuster esp for citycabs.
Old 23rd June 2012, 11:48   #639
Senior - BHPian

Guess you are one of the rare ones lucky to see an undisguised prototype.

I am sure M&M knows the importance of styling now. But I am wondering how they will make the mini Xylo look good which is based on an MUV which did not (could not) win any beauty awards.
Old 23rd June 2012, 13:50   #640
Zed
BHPian

A majority of first time new-car buyer have limited budgets and hence do not look beyond entry level or mid level hatchbacks. And after having driven a hatch for a couple of years, the natural progression is to move on to a sedan - possibly from the same manufacturer. A few consumers take the plunge and move from a hatch to a UV \ SUV but I assume this category is not a very large one.
On the other hand if the first car that a person buys is a mini-UV, with all the characteristics traits like high seating, not-so-great handling, some off roading capability (on account of sturdy build and good ground clearance) and so on... its likely that the natural progression would be to bigger and better UVs, SUVs.

This, in my understading, is the strategic initiative behind a product like the Mini xylo.
An automotive bait to lure customers into the UV\SUV fold. And a great initiative for a company whos DNA is Utility vehicles
Old 24th June 2012, 09:52   #641
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sowmya View Post
Some how I feel that this car is very dis-proportioned. The full sized Xylo is already too high, and if they shortened the length then ... It will be extended version of the Tata Ace

I like the proportions of the vehicle, assuming it turns out like what has been shown in the pictures posted before .

Waiting for it to launch soon !

Old 25th June 2012, 12:00   #642
BHPian

Spotted two Mini Xylos under test on MC Road in Kerala. There was a Ssangyong Rexton along with test mules as a Pilot car.
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra Testing sub-4 meter XYLO. EDIT : Fresh PICS on Page 38-dsc03033.jpg  

Mahindra Testing sub-4 meter XYLO. EDIT : Fresh PICS on Page 38-dsc03034.jpg  

S5157 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 25th June 2012, 12:10   #643
Senior - BHPian

Now the vehicle looks so much proportional. I guess it is just a matter of getting used to. I am liking what I am seeing. The last vehicle seems to be a base model where in the other one is fully loaded.
amtak is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th June 2012, 12:32   #644
Senior - BHPian

+100. In these pics, the proportions are much more evident. Even I like the car. This looks more like a masculine and spacious hatchback, which is a good thing.
Old 25th June 2012, 12:37   #645
Distinguished - BHPian

Did they again lower the car? Cause as everyone says it's now looking a lil' bit more proportionate.
When they gonna launch this?.
Not that i will be first in the line to buy it, i have to wait for an year from the launch to buy it(glitch sorting), and if it has XUV500 like waiting period,most probably, then a year and a half from launch date, Mahindra please don't push the launch any further..
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks